Conspiracy Theory Random conspiracy stories & chatter

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon this might help push discussion along. Anything you've seen that's conspiracy related can be posted here if you're not sure it's worth a thread. Preferably backed by an article or video. Obviously keep discussion in good faith, we're not interested in troll posts!

If it's a topic that's already been covered, we can move posts to the relevant thread.

If a topic raised here gets enough posts, we can move them to make a new thread.

Go for it :)

Here's one I saw recently. The CIA lost a bunch of sources (presumably local informants) in China around 2010.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/world/asia/china-cia-spies-espionage.html

It hasn't been established for certain how this happened, but one theory I've seen is that they were betrayed by an information leak (and not an accidental security breach) in exchange for money. Hopefully the real reason will be revealed.

So...people often say on here that I'm a massive CT head, and that I'm gullible and whatnot. But let me tell you something....as always, a very true story from the Exe-Files....

---------------

All my life I was always a grounded person, I lived on the streets from about 13 to 18, and went thru many horrible foster family experiences prior to that. Having had a horrid early upbringing in an orphanage run by nuns and priests, where there was a lot of abuse. So, obviously, growing up like that, one becomes very grounded and real, doesn't believe in anything, no fairytales and magic, no mysticism, no belief in religion/god, or even spirituality. All that's real is oneself and the day at hand, trying to get thru it, find food/shelter.

Sure, there's a huge built up distrust of authority and institutions. But I was always a very logical-driven person, scientific in the manner of SENSING is believing, and often I would never make a decision on anything unless I went over it in my mind constantly, looking at all sides, testing things, before I would ever commit to a decision -- whether it be day to day decisions or as a mind growing with knowledge of the world at large, the bigger pictures, as my mind and personal experiences expanded.

I never even thought about or cared for politics and international affairs (which is where most conspiracies occur on a constant basis). Countries and intelligence agencies, war, dealings with the corporate world, etc. Like everyone, I believed in the moon landing and never even thought about it. The big thing was always JFK (political world). That's not something one could avoid, the discussions around that. It resonated right around the world. I was too young to really think about it, and the whole CT around JFK was already going on for many years before I ever looked at it. I just accepted the version of LHO, what is taught, and just didnt care about politics to care any further.

I started to look into it more only in 1991 really when the movie came out. That piqued my interest in it. I looked into it, researched it a bit, and decided it was obvious it wasn't a lone madman. Yeah, forces at play. It's what happens in politics and international affairs on a global stage all the time. Leaders and key figures killed to prosper other people/aims.

But i scoffed at things like MKULTRA, and secret satanic groups, aliens/ufo abductions, lizard people, and all those kinds of things. Tho I didn't trust authority, I just never thought/realized the world-leaders and bigwigs were actually satanic, etc. It just seemed so far-fetched. Who could believe in things like Satan/Jesus/etc I would say to myself. I didn't even have a feel for anything spiritual most my life. That part of me was so closed off and unnurtured. I didn't have a soul, all machine inside. So it was ludicrous to me these notions of people actually believing in satan and whatnot.

I'd had many horrible nightmares, and experiences with ghosts etc thru my teens and early 20s, but I ALWAYS reasoned them out as collective unconscious type stuff. The mind playing games with itself, like dreams.

People may not believe this, but I only SERIOUSLY got into CTs around 2003 or 2004. How did it start? It was 911. But it wasn't right away. When the event happened, I was like everyone else....those damn terrorists, give them hell. Let's go to war.

It wasn't until one day, I was walking around a street market with my girlfriend at the time. 2003 or 2004. We were just walking around, enjoying an ice cream, buying bits and pieces you find in street markets. While she was trying on some clothes in some stall, I told her I was gonna wander around. As I'm wandering around, I came to a stall where there was a weird looking hippie type of guy, who had Tesla posters displayed, selling video tapes of various stuff related to science, 911, MKULTRA, political conspiracies, etc. I was just standing there to the side, watching him talking with some people, the spiel he was making, curious at all the stuff he was saying. It was running contra to everything I'd believed. Stuff about science....Tesla, etc. How gravity didnt exist, and all those kinds of things. Grand lies by the Church, education system, things they don't teach you in school, the real history of America, slavery, Lincoln, the British buying and distributing opium and the CIA formed and is a front for opium, etc. You know all those kinds of things. His spiel touched on so many things. I was curious, some things he said rang a bell in me, sciency stuff, I was like "s**t, he's right about that", or, "wow that makes sense now", and wondering if all the other things he was saying could be true too. I suddenly opened my eyes and realized he was a truth-teller. There was a grand world right in front of our eyes that we do not see, are blinded from seeing thru education and handed-down lies, things we never question either. I felt so dumb, tricked by the world.

Anyway, to cut a long post short.....people came and went with his spiels, a few showed interest but soon wandered off, laughing at him, shaking their heads at each other, crazy sign with the finger. A few weeks later, me and my girlfriend went back to this market, and I wanted to show her this guy. So we were standing there, and today he was going into 911 a lot. He was going on about so much of it. But he was kind of spruiking now....loud voice to attract people to his stall, and getting a small gathering, yelling like a person on a soapbox. Suddenly, police sirens blaring, getting closer. Next thing, there's like four police cars and eight policeman, and they arrest him straight away, cuff him, drag him away as he's yelling to people about 911. The other police usher people away and they close down his stall, box all the stuff hes got in there, video tapes, books, pamphlets, and bring his tent down. He wasn't unruly, maybe causing a public nuisance, but I felt it was over the top, the manner in which it was done was like just like he was saying -- they don't want us to know the truth kind of thing. I started to buy into it a little more. Curious (911 that is). But I still didn't really believe it yet, or the vast majority of stuff he'd been talking about the previous time.

Anyway, we went back there the following week but he was gone for good. Still under the impression freedom of speech existed. Months or a whole year went by, and I was just back in my life again. I can't remember exactly what triggered it again around 2003/4, the WMD? I cant remember exactly. But i was filling up my car with gas late one night, driving home from my girlfriend's place. It was really late, and it was just me and the dude working inside. Anyway, we struck up a conversation, and we hit it off, talking about all kinds of stuff, and then 911 came into the discussion. I told him about the market incidents, but in a kind of rolling eyes way, and he stopped me short and said, no man. This was like the first time a normal everyday person had acknowledged to me they believed it was an inside job. Pretty much EVERYONE i knew, worked with, ran into, 911 was never discussed in conspiratorial terms, let alone having anyone say to me INSIDE JOB, and believed it. So I was shocked, wow people actually really believe it? You gotta tell me WHY you're so adamant man. And this guy rifled off a million things that we now know all about years later -- the same topics oftened mentioned......controlled demolition of buildings dude just check out some video of it somewhere and tell me that aint the same, about the Shanksville plane disappearing into the ground no trace, how mobile phone calls couldn't be made on airplanes, how FBI confiscated all CCTV tapes, no footage from Pentagon ask yourself why, molten metal at ground zero weeks later, Bush and Bin Laden families are tied together, the Bin Ladens were flown in that very day, a meeting with Bush, and were allowed to fly out when NY airspace was supposedly shut down, etc etc. It was a really long conversation and I listened. I was like REALLY? He was like, dude just go research all I'm saying. Don't believe me, go see for yourself and make up your own mind after looking into it all. Instead of just blindly accepting everything you're told.

So began my investigation into 911, and it didn't take long, maybe 4-6 months of it, and I turned completely around and totally disbelieved the OT, it was an inside job! OMG! That began my interest in CTs. Realizing 911 was an inside job had a large part (of many other large parts) in why I left the US. It was around 2004 that I came to Aus for good.

It was around the early 2000s that the internet really started to get widespread. It was around 2004/5 that I FIRST had the internet. I got into all those boards discussing conspiracy theories etc. I think ABOVETOPSECRET was one of it not the first site I really got into. I never joined, just poured myself thru it, reading heaps of stuff about everything. How huge the whole Conspiracy Theory realm is. I never realized how many CTs there were, across all kinds of things.

The Last Jedi is the only Star Wars feature film I haven't seen yet, noticed it didn't get particularly good reviews, but I thought The Force Awakens, Rogue One and Solo were pretty good, aside from some of the usual pseudo-science stuff you get in the Star Wars universe.

Cheers for telling your story BTW. Mine's not as interesting, just a gradual descent down the conspiracy rabbit hole ;)

The Last Jedi is the only Star Wars feature film I haven't seen yet, noticed it didn't get particularly good reviews, but I thought The Force Awakens, Rogue One and Solo were pretty good, aside from some of the usual pseudo-science stuff you get in the Star Wars universe.

Cheers for telling your story BTW. Mine's not as interesting, just a gradual descent down the conspiracy rabbit hole ;)
Don't ever watch it, it'll ruin your childhood, and make you a bitter old man like it did to me.

People putdown conspiracy buffs, and the whole thing in general, but it's a really interesting hobby. It forces you to question and research alternative information/sources, the stuff itself can be incredibly fascinating, and there's such a wide array of areas in life it touches in response. It's as good an entertainment as being a movie/tv buff, or a sports nut.

I highly recommend it as an activity everyone should engage in, fun for all the family.

Are You Prepared for a Zombie Apocalypse? The U.S. Government Is
The Department of Defense vs. The Walking Dead
Thad Morgan
The United States may have one of the largest army on earth, but even the Pentagon is taking no chances at being caught off-guard by an unusual foe. In fact, in 2011, the U.S. Department of Defense released a strategy to combat a potential zombie apocalypse. While the potential opponents might be fictional, the military took it seriously. In fact, the first line of the Counter-Zombie Dominance Plan, or “CONPLAN 8888-11,” states, “This plan was not actually designed as a joke.”

The origins of the plan can be traced to training exercises held in 2009 and 2010, during which young officers participating in the Joint Operational Planning and Execution System realized the potential upsides to planning for a hypothetical zombie attack. With roving zombies as the target in these fake scenarios, rather than enemies in real-life potential hotspots like Tunisia or Nigeria, there was a much smaller risk of the plan being taken seriously—or ruffling diplomatic feathers.
And the fantastical idea of battling zombies helped new newcomers think outside the box when it came to devising creative strategies and tactics. As the Pentagon notes, “Our intent was to place this tool ‘into the wild’ so that others who were interested in finding new and innovative ways to train planners could have an alternative and admittedly unconventional tool at their disposal that could be modified and updated over time.”

It also tapped into the growing pop culture fascination with zombies. The first zombie tales date back to 17th-century Haiti, where zombies were believed to be African slaves who had committed suicide and weren’t allowed to pass on and return home. As a result, they would be forced to work on the plantation for eternity. The terrifying—and thrilling—myths surrounding the undead really caught on in the United States with the release of the 1968 film The Night of the Living Dead.
CONPLANN 8888-11 laid out a 31-page strategy in three parts. First, create and uphold a defensive plan to protect humankind from mind-munching predators. Second, establish procedures to eradicate any threat of zombies. Third, restore law and order to a war-ridden economy.

The zombies themselves are classified into eight categories, ranging from your run-of-the-mill undead created through bacteria and pathogens in the air and “evil magic” zombies created by a mystic, unknown source, to vegetarian zombies who eat herbaceous foods to satiate their unending craving for “grains.” Of these eight categories, only one is based in reality. The potential threat of “chicken zombies” originated with a 2006 incident in Petaluma, California, when the unsuccessful euthanizing of poultry using carbon monoxide resulted in haunted hens crawling out the piles of their slain sisters, and walking around until their bodies died of internal organ failure.
Leaving no stone unturned, CONPLAN 8888-11 also includes the possible legal ramifications of attacking zombies. As it turns out, laws prohibiting military violence, both domestically and internationally, are only geared towards human and animal life. So in the case of an invading horde of unknown pathogenic beings, zombies seem to be fair game.

The Pentagon isn’t the only governmental department to use zombies as a learning tool. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has also played off the popularity of The Walking Dead and other zombie-related cultural phenomena, releasing a zombie preparedness plan to better inform the public of what to do if—or when—a disaster strikes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smoking doesnt cause cancer.
We're all born with it, dormant. Just depends what triggers it. Stress, for instance does
Smoking greatly increases the risk. In general, cancer is caused by toxins - whether they are ingested, inhaled or injected. That is settled.

Just look at images of a smoker's lung compared to a healthy lung. Your lungs are designed to breathe clean air, not smoke!

26 minutes ago
When seeing is no longer believing

Inside the Pentagon’s race against deepfake videos

Advances in artificial intelligence could soon make creating convincing fake audio and video – known as “deepfakes” – relatively easy. Making a person appear to say or do something they did not has the potential to take the war of disinformation to a whole new level. Scroll down for more on deepfakes and what the US government is doing to combat them.

fake obama

People putdown conspiracy buffs, and the whole thing in general, but it's a really interesting hobby. It forces you to question and research alternative information/sources.
and instead of presenting a logical alternative argument based on your "sources" you just force it down our throats and get upset when people don't take it as gospel. You come across as a dangerous fundamentalist....I'm sure you're on a few lists.....

Not a conspiracy as such but be careful talking advice from your friendly (overcharging) dentist the next time he recommends a root canal, if the new doco on Netflix, Root Cause, is in anyway accurate.

Some disturbing s**t in there re links between cancers & root canals, esp breast cancer. The show was light on in backing up any of it's claims factually & some of the experts they rolled out looked a bit dodgy so who knows could all be bs but there was one dentist who came across as legit & remorseful for her time in the industry performing that procedure. & I see that users have come out in force on IMDB to rate it very poorly so maybe it has hit a few nerves/home truths!;)

Not a conspiracy as such but be careful talking advice from your friendly (overcharging) dentist the next time he recommends a root canal, if the new doco on Netflix, Root Cause, is in anyway accurate.

Some disturbing s**t in there re links between cancers & root canals, esp breast cancer. The show was light on in backing up any of it's claims factually & some of the experts they rolled out looked a bit dodgy so who knows could all be bs but there was one dentist who came across as legit & remorseful for her time in the industry performing that procedure. & I see that users have come out in force on IMDB to rate it very poorly so maybe it has hit a few nerves/home truths!;)
the medical industry is all bullshit so i dont doubt it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back