News & Events Quality of news.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL they literally lifted this straight from one of my Reddit posts 😂

The Advertiser has also been getting roasted by showing a 2000 class train to report on the upcoming Seaford/Flinders line closure.

The 2000 series trains were retired in 2015 and haven’t been seen on these lines for even longer as they were not able to run on electrified lines 😂

IMG_9800.jpeg

More content stolen from Reddit! I saw this earlier this week.

Imagine being employed as a 'journalist' and being required to peruse Reddit comments and posts as story content.
no different to them perusing Twitter/X comments to flesh out a sport story.

their journalism is terrible and their click-bait headlines annoying but also up to the individual to not read it/get sucked in by it.
my biggest issue with them is their selection of photos when reporting on a murder/accident - they'll often go for (when it comes to women) the sexiest photo they can find on their social media pages, not a simple headshot but one designed to be the most likely to get the reader to click on the story. just morally wrong really.

Stumbled across news.com.au on my phone in 2012 and had been a multiple times a day reader ever since. The website was a mess back then and would always crash. But the last couple of years in particular have been complete garbage as far as content. Soo called journos won't even put their name to articles now. Often times it's just a new trashy headline with old stories attached. It's like the herald sun but twice as bad.

so unethical.

The number of clickbait articles they have are astounding. I get nauseous seeing the same buzzwords over and over, and OMG their, "You won't recognize this child actor now"

Yesterday they had a classic Covid new strain article. Front page shows two medics racing a patient into the hospital.

I often compare articles between News Ltd and ABC and the other day I saw an article where News Ltd chopped off a major part of the story. IT was the airline that caught fire in Japan. News Ltd did not mention in the headline about anyone surviving but showed a fireball engulfing the plane with the headline buzzword "Exploded", 12 or so Australians on board. ABC conversely were quite clear about Passengers surviving.

I don't know how their unethical practices are legal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is an interesting debate but whoever wrote it seems a bit like they've got a chip on their shoulder or something

So much bullshit. I'm in an over 40s fitness group on Facebook where people post pics of themselves. If a woman wears skimpy clothes nothing is said. Yet if a man wears a speedo (no, not me) everyone jumps on them. So the truth is actually the opposite of what she's saying.

So much bullshit. I'm in an over 40s fitness group on Facebook where people post pics of themselves. If a woman wears skimpy clothes nothing is said. Yet if a man wears a speedo (no, not me) everyone jumps on them. So the truth is actually the opposite of what she's saying.
Dressing like that is always for attention. I find it tacky. See these on Insta all the time where they stand right in front of the camera and bend over. They also do these reels cooking in the kitchen in basically nothing.

Dress appropriately.

There's no chance I'd ever comment on the attire of a woman in our gym, I'd be happy to hang s**t on one of the blokes if they wore something dumb, a speedo wearer would cop it that's for sure!

There's no chance I'd ever comment on the attire of a woman in our gym, I'd be happy to hang s**t on one of the blokes if they wore something dumb, a speedo wearer would cop it that's for sure!
I remember a chick I was in love with did this and was an instant turn off.

There should be dress codes and recording codes.

No microphones, no commentary, no funking around.

Record your working set swiftly and stop recording.

I get that dudes would wear gym shorts and maybe no top, but speedos? Surely not!
When I did Jiu Jitsu last year we had a guy that came into class with leggins (But shorts). Nobody really said anything until we had one of the most respected black belts start taking classes once a week. He was swiftly told to put on shorts before he could join class.

There are guys out there who wear leggins without shorts just to prove a point that they can do it. Even with a cup section it stands out way too much

When I did Jiu Jitsu last year we had a guy that came into class with leggins (But shorts). Nobody really said anything until we had one of the most respected black belts start taking classes once a week. He was swiftly told to put on shorts before he could join class.

There are guys out there who wear leggins without shorts just to prove a point that they can do it. Even with a cup section it stands out way too much

Yeah and they deserve to be called out on it

But I bet he'd be OK with people oggling him, after all, that's why he did it

Do girls really wear this:
a019b67b942c48e9a98f7f12f2ee6c27

With the genuine belief that people of any sex wouldn't check them out?
Like really?
Surely not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back