QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard he wanted a Lexus to stay but the only cars on offer from John Madill were the 2nd hand ones that Rich turned down.... :)

Please lets not get in a debate over who pays more than the other club - there is a clear winner and esp when the "soft cap" is extended into the mix... ;)
Being known as ‘good payers’ probably not a bad thing these days!
Only club on Coast who hasn’t gone broke or folded so must be doing something right👌

Rhys Mathieson met his match in Will Fletcher on the weekend. Both players had 38 disposals however Will had 12 clearances to Matho's 2... I know who I'd be taking

Assume Will Wolbers is injured? Wasn’t named in state team and hasn’t played for a few weeks. Best ruckman in the comp. Would have loved to see Wolbers V Hickey. Whilst on the topic of ruckman. Jon Croad seems to be only FF for palmy although pretty fair with Hickey in the ruck and that Labrador ruckman is in great form atm. Craig Malone and Jarrod Huddy would be a tough ruck duo as well from Redlands.

Assume Will Wolbers is injured? Wasn’t named in state team and hasn’t played for a few weeks. Best ruckman in the comp. Would have loved to see Wolbers V Hickey. Whilst on the topic of ruckman. Jon Croad seems to be only FF for palmy although pretty fair with Hickey in the ruck and that Labrador ruckman is in great form atm. Craig Malone and Jarrod Huddy would be a tough ruck duo as well from Redlands.
Dont think Croad is up to rucking to much after the horrific leg injury ,,, Its a unreal effort to see him back playing again and hes very dangerous playing up forward.
Hickey is the best ruck in the comp and I rate Malone from Redlands

Round 7 Results

The Matter that’s Stuff

Here are some more QAFL Scorigami references for Round 7, plus other potentially useless scraps of trivia:

Noosa 16-8-104 d Labrador 9-17-71
This score has occurred once previously:
1952 R16: Sandgate 15-14-104 d Coorparoo 10-11-71 at Perry Park
The margin of 33 points has now occurred 119 times.

Aspley 13-11-89 d Redland Victoria Point 9-15-69
This score has occurred once previously:
1964 R16: Morningside 12-17-89 d Mayne 9-15-69
The margin of 20 points has now occurred 136 times.

Surfers Paradise 12-7-79 d Palm Beach Currumbin 11-12-78
Remarkably, this score has never occurred before.
However, the exhilarating/soul-crushing margin of 1 point has now occurred 144 times.
“1 point” margins have now moved into the outright second most common result, having overtaken “27 points” (143 times), and trailing only “22 points” (145 times).

Morningside 17-13-115 d Broadbeach 11-7-73
This score has never occurred before.
The margin of 42 points has now occurred 86 times.

Maroochydore 18-24-132 d Mt Gravatt 10-3-63
This score has never occurred before.
The margin of 69 points has now occurred 45 times.

Wilston Grange 12-10-82 d Sherwood 8-10-58
This score has occurred three times previously:
1962 R3: Morningside 12-10-82 d Sandgate 7-16-58
1969 Grand Final: Wilston Grange 12-10-82 d Coorparoo 7-16-58 at the Gabba
1999 R11: Mt Gravatt 12-10-82 d Lion Cubs 7-16-58 at Dittmer Park
The margin of 24 points has now occurred 125 times.

So, what is the most frequent scoreline of all time within the QAFL?
There are three results that have occurred seven times each: 107-80, 81-80, 88-78.
The most recent that any of these results occurred was Round 10 last year when Surfers Paradise 11-22-88 defeated Sherwood 12-6-78 at Powenyenna Oval.

Noosa player took a huge hanger vs Labrador. Looks a completely legitimate mark.

QAFL umpire who likes a bit of 'me time', somehow pulled out a push in the back.

Noosa posted a video of the mark on social media with a headline of some kind saying 'mark of the year, or push in the back? you decide'

It wasn't from the official AFLQ feed either, it was the Noosa TV footage with their own commentary (which you can imagine wasn't overly complimentary about the decision)

the Comments section was as you would expect it to be, including the Labrador player who was the step ladder saying something like 'yeah, thats stiff' to much amusement

Video etc now removed, unsurprisingly. Noosa will be hot water even though it really was in jest, and the umpires decision is undefendable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspect it was shared in response to the hanger from Div 1 shared on AFLQ's official channels

The mark was a genuine contender. (can you still get mark of the year if it isn't called? is it even an award they hand out?)

Suggest it could have been clipped up to highlight the player and the mark, and not the carry-on afterwards.

Looking at results Broadbeach put in a much better showing this week vs Morningside. Only 9 points down going into the last. Those in the know give any insights or just one of those games?

Rhys Mathieson met his match in Will Fletcher on the weekend. Both players had 38 disposals however Will had 12 clearances to Matho's 2... I know who I'd be taking
I didn’t see the game but I see that coaches votes were Fletcher with 8 (highest for the game) & Mathieson got 6 coaches votes for that same game (equal second with Fidler & Weetra). I’d suggest Fletcher was excellent and Matheson not as bad as you suggested.

For the season to date Matheson has 42 votes (second) and Fletcher 30 (fourth).

Looking at results Broadbeach put in a much better showing this week vs Morningside. Only 9 points down going into the last. Those in the know give any insights or just one of those games?
Broadbeach shows some poor discipline with 50 metre free kicks. Fell away badly and Cockatoo stepped up
Centre half back for Broadie very impressive

Broadbeach shows some poor discipline with 50 metre free kicks. Fell away badly and Cockatoo stepped up
Centre half back for Broadie very impressive

Cheers. Looking at previous results and having watched broady a couple of times was a surprise to see the scores

Remove this Banner Ad

Back