PSD pick #14 - Jesse Crichton

Remove this Banner Ad

Except that Taberner and Howson are already on the rookie list, so de-listing them does not count towards the 3 spots we need to make room for in the draft.

Exactly my point.
If we had taken Taberner with PSD pick, crichton with rookie...

We need to find 3 to delist/trade in 2013..

Those three delistee's ATM?
Crichton, Kep?, Pitt?

Exactly my point.
If we had taken Taberner with PSD pick, crichton with rookie...

We need to find 3 to delist/trade in 2013..

Those three delistee's ATM?
Crichton, Kep?, Pitt?

Why are you even trying to think who wil be de-listed next season? Lets focus on the excitement that is next season.

I bet you this he will do nothing this year then be delisted. He is soft got no skills turns it over and has he even got a vote in the sandover? I forgot he has no ticker!!

Not a Crytin fan but this is absolute bollocks. His biggest weakness as others have said is his fitness and his inability to run games out. His skills are reasonable and he is hard at it.

Bit meh about this pick but obviously he impressed Ross enough to earn a second chance. Still has a shite haircut though.

From all reports he has worked very hard over the preseason and some players take 4 years to reach there peak AKA clancee.

This is Brad Lloyd's opinion so I am going to trust him on this one.

Jesse will have the ability to play at half back or through the midfield. He's coming into his fourth year at the club, and we have seen examples in players like Clancee Pearce who can have an impact once they adapt to the program. Jesse has had a strong pre season to date, which is important for all players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I'm not the greates Crichton fan, but I see a real likeness between him and Crowley
In the paths their career has taken. If he can follow crowleys lead that would be a real win

Yay Crayon is back!! Love a good mullet worked well for Maric and that Adelaide bloke who kicks lots if goals, but I hope Jesse hair don't get to messy.

Happy that Jesse is back on the main list. Without giving too much away I spoke to Jesse just after his review with Ross and the message to him was we'll redraft you but there's a lot of hard work ahead and you've only been a professional footballer for a few months. (Read between the lines here).

I believe that Ross firmly believes that Jesse now has the attitude to match his ability and that he'll be able to turn him around pretty quickly.

Happy that Jesse is back on the main list. Without giving too much away I spoke to Jesse just after his review with Ross and the message to him was we'll redraft you but there's a lot of hard work ahead and you've only been a professional footballer for a few months. (Read between the lines here).

I believe that Ross firmly believes that Jesse now has the attitude to match his ability and that he'll be able to turn him around pretty quickly.
it does sound like he's training better than he ever has after not showing much improvement in terms of fitness for the first three years of his time at the club. his every move will certainly be scrutinised.

From Tassie hey.. interesting.. cheers for the contribution :thumbsu:

One thing I would say about Krighton, is that he doesn't have an apparent weapon to hang his hat on. Nothing about him stands out. I genuinely can't think of one thing about him. That's not supposed to be a knock, it just means its hard to place him or see what he will bring to the squad.

I think its why he doesnt get a lot of backing amongst supporters.

For example with Clancee, he always had that low accurate 60 meter kick, and above normal strength. Walters we all knew was deadly if he got his hands on it inside 50, and very dangerous kicking into the forward line. Crowley was a tagger who could kick a goal, and was a good height. Lower would die for the team, would do anything to win the footy, and everyone can respect that.

But Cryghton..? Hopefully he develops into a well rounded inside mid, but you would say that at the moment he needs to pretty much improve everywhere. Really hope it happens, I love to see the guys who are written off get up.

From Tassie hey.. interesting.. cheers for the contribution :thumbsu:

One thing I would say about Krighton, is that he doesn't have an apparent weapon to hang his hat on. Nothing about him stands out. I genuinely can't think of one thing about him. That's not supposed to be a knock, it just means its hard to place him or see what he will bring to the squad.

Yeah, my thoughts too. I posted somewhere on this board that he has a lot of attributes, but none of them stand out and most sit what I would say are just bellow AFL standard ... at least to this point. He's pretty fierce for the contest and a good tackler, but he's not fanatical. He can kick OK, but it's far from elite and dependable. He's not a slow decision maker but, again, it's just, meh, average. His questionable tank is a real issue for his type of player. If he had that, then he could at least be a Mzungu type - not highly skilled but runs hard all day and just keeps himself in the game, but he's far from that.

I can see why we picked him, if he could just tweak a few things 10% up then he could be quality squad member providing valuable depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back