Game Day Preseason Game 2 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he looked pretty decent in the scratchie tbh

Thought he took a chance quite well which tbh he was probably quite lucky to have in the first place.

Not sure he would’ve been playing with the main squad if Sharp hadn’t become ill the day of the game but he did quite well imo.

Real shame for him he’s out this week. Would’ve been a real decision between Sharp and NOD this week - think Sharp is now in front even with a semi-decent performance on Sunday. Having said that we’re not sure how bad NOD’s injury is - he could be back before round one before we know.

Thought he took a chance quite well which tbh he was probably quite lucky to have in the first place.

Not sure he would’ve been playing with the main squad if Sharp hadn’t become ill the day of the game but he did quite well imo.

Real shame for him he’s out this week. Would’ve been a real decision between Sharp and NOD this week - think Sharp is now in front even with a semi-decent performance on Sunday. Having said that we’re not sure how bad NOD’s injury is - he could be back before round one before we know.
It’s quite funny we are essentially down to preferring one actual wing while we rotate whoever on the other side. We genuinely have little to no regard for the position

So oldmate SPP got four weeks for hitting the Crom fella. Do the AFL:

a) Count Friday's game against us as part of the four weeks that he misses?
b) Say the four weeks are part of the proper season, so not only does he play against us on Friday but his first game back from his suspension will be in round 5, also against us?

You know the answer...
I assume the fair thing would be to let him play this weekend, and then miss 4 regular games.

It’s quite funny we are essentially down to preferring one actual wing while we rotate whoever on the other side. We genuinely have little to no regard for the position
To be fair Johnson has played quite a lot of wing

It does make the most sense when trying to fit an extra mid in too

I’d like to see us eventually play two wingers but it’s a good way to fit in players like Johnson and Erasmus in the 23 when Fyfe and JOM are still at the club. You’ve got to maximise the talent you have and atm there’s a few inside mids available.

When JOM retires in 2026 our midfield is probably Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Erasmus, Johnson and one of Sharp or NOD. In ideal world I’d like NOD to fix his kicking and those seven to be our midfield in 2027, along with stints from Simpson, Jackson and maybe one or two others. I think it’s going to be pretty hard manage everyone until then though.

I’d like to see us eventually play two wingers but it’s a good way to fit in players like Johnson and Erasmus in the 23 when Fyfe and JOM are still at the club. You’ve got to maximise the talent you have and atm there’s a few inside mids available.

When JOM retires in 2026 our midfield is probably Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Erasmus, Johnson and one of Sharp or NOD. In ideal world I’d like NOD to fix his kicking and those seven to be our midfield in 2027, along with stints from Simpson, Jackson and maybe one or two others. I think it’s going to be pretty hard manage everyone until then though.
You forgot my boy Milky.

To be fair Johnson has played quite a lot of wing

It does make the most sense when trying to fit an extra mid in too
Yep, I don’t think it’s being disrespectful of the wing position if Johnson and JOM are genuinely better players than NOD at this stage, they both have the added bonus of being able to rotate inside mid or HHF which NOD hasn’t developed yet.
Once Fyfe retires Johnson goes full time in the inside mid rotation with Young, Serong and Brayshaw. That will open up the Wing for NOD or Stanley to play full time with Sharp on the other wing. Still not convinced on where Erasmus fits, may be waiting for JOM to retire after Fyfe to cement a spot.

Also while we’re talking about Port Adelaide, I noticed they play 6 of their first 8 games at home….WTF. The other two games just an hour flight away at the MGC. Giving the “gather round” to Adelaide has squared up there travelling versus the Vic Clubs but added more disadvantage to us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
One is gather round in Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

itll be nice to get a look at Voss, if he plays well the melts from Essendon fans will be entertaining at least. Not that we are much better in that regard its just nice the shoe being on the other foot for once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back