Premiership Coach - 2018 AFL playing list - In progress

Remove this Banner Ad

Any plans to do a 2019 playing list? Happy to help out where needed but won't have time to do heaps

Wouldbe very appreciative if someone could make a Sydney Stack & Riley Collier-Dawkins. Gave it a go but I'm horrible at it!

Anyone have any suggestions to fix an issue or freeze where if you win a premiership when you have the preseason bye the next year it will just keep getting stuck and saying time advancing.
Heres hoping for a new game soon.

Thanks for the lists.

Hadn't be able to play this for ages as it wouldn't work on my laptop (Mac) but had to get Parallels for uni stuff so have been finally able to play this again.

Started up a save with Freo, kinda tanked the first year and went 6-16 finishing 16th which was nice. Despite the team doing awfully, I had players take out every single individual award lol, Cam McCarthy kicked 109 to win the Coleman (his peak has risen to 92), Fyfe won the Media award averaging something stupid like 36 touches, Lachie Neale won the Brownlow 1 vote ahead of Fyfe in 2nd, and Andrew Brayshaw won the Rising Star.

Brought in Adam Treloar (got offered him for Stephen Hill), Dylan Grimes, and Jake Stringer in the first trade period, don't remember exactly who else I got rid off, mostly old players. Took Joel Litchfield (currently 77/95 OM/IM) with the #2 pick, Carter Cade (72/88 IM) with the 19th pick, and Marcos Conner (73/87 KPD) with the 37th pick.

Felt I was a pretty good finals chance with Sean Darcy in the ruck tapping it down to Fyfe, Neale, and Treloar with McCarthy up forward coming off a 100 goal season and started really well at 9-3 but then Fyfe broke his arm and Treloar got a 7 game suspension for scratching and we limped to 11-11 and a first round finals loss.

Made some big trades this time to try and push for a Premiership, moved on Brad Hill for Luke Parker as Hill could only play outside mid whereas Parker can do inside outside and forward, traded Josh Battle (got him pre-season draft the previous year) for the 21st pick and then traded an ageing Michael Walters + Pick 21 for Orazio Fantasia. Also brought in Mitch Duncan for Matt Taberner (no idea why they offered me this), but then concerned my midfield was getting too old I on-traded Mitch Duncan alongside Tom North for Brayden Fiorini. 28 (Fyfe, Sutcliffe, and Grimes) is now the oldest on my list so feeling confident I can put together some kind of dynasty here, though the ages of my best midfielders in Fyfe (28), Parker, Treloar, and Neale (all 27) is a bit of a concern but I'm hoping but the time they decline Brayshaw, Cerra, and Litchfield are all hitting the 90s.

My 10th Pick in the draft is looking kinda bad at this point though, Freo's initial head recruiter is rated awfully like 11 but I can't afford to replace him so Pick 10 ended up being Charles Upperdine (70/87 OM) - Was 18 years old so definitely not the bug with older draftees. Though I managed to pick up Chandler Temple a (70/91) tall forward in the Pre-season draft which makes up for it a bit.

Entering Round 1 of 2020 (2013 in-game technically) my best 22 looks like this:

B: Dylan Grimes - Joel Hamling - Ethan Hughes
HB: Connor Blakely - Alex Pearce - Cameron Sutcliffe
C: Adam Cerra - Adam Treloar - Joel Litchfield
HF: Orazio Fantasia - Brennan Cox - Ed Langdon
F: Jake Stringer - Cam McCarthy - Chandler Temple
R: Sean Darcy - Nat Fyfe - Lachie Neale
Int: Luke Parker - Andrew Brayshaw - Brayden Fiorini
Sub: Darcy Tucker

2020 turned out to be a huge flop, had lots of injuries and could never really get a solid best 22 all year and ended up finishing 13-9, good for 8th and a first week finals exit, not helped by Cam McCarthy missing the final. We had 60 I50s to 31 in the elimination final but still managed to lose somehow, I guess the superstar midfield isn't great with no forwards or backs. Lachie Neale won his 3rd consecutive Brownlow whilst Fyfe won another Media award.

Brayden Fiorini was absolutely awful no matter what role or position I tried him in despite his decent rating (80/87) so I moved him on for Ollie Wines in the trade period, despite finishing last Port had found themselves in salary cap trouble. I also moved on Charles Upperdine for Brayden Maynard as I felt my defence was a bit of a weakness, and couldn't really see Upperdine developing or getting a game as he could only play outside mid. I also traded Pick 10, Brennan Cox, and Bailey Banfield for Pick 2 + Sam Rowe, though I dumped Rowe's salary for a late pick straight afterwards. Made a couple other minor trades swapping picks around and also got Hugh Goddard for ruckman Lloyd Meek who I was going to delist otherwise. Took Javier Spurin (74/96 IM) with the #2 pick.

Finished 18-4 in 2021, McCarthy won the Coleman kicking 128 goals in a dominant season. Probably the biggest positive from the season was the breakout season from Chandler Temple, who is now ranked at 82/95 and led the league in contested marks whilst kicking 53 goals. Andrew Brayshaw finally played a full season after managing just 20 games combined over the previous 2 years and managed 28 touches a game whilst kicking 24 goals. Sean Darcy, Nat Fyfe, Lachie Neale, Adam Treloar, Cam McCarthy, and Andrew Brayshaw all made the All-Australian team, whilst Lachie Neale would have won a record breaking 4th Brownlow if not for suspension. More negatively, Orazio Fantasia had probably the worst mid career regression I've seen, at 26 years old and playing the exact same role he managed to drop from 37 goals to 18 goals, I think I'll trade him on as he's rated fairly well (83/84) so I can trade for someone who's better value. Spurin played most games as the sub, he realistically wasn't Best 22 but I played him every game to help his development as the improvement Sutcliffe or whoever offered would be pretty marginal.

Sadly I lost in the prelim, Fyfe and Parker were both in their first games back from injury so weren't at full fitness whilst Lachie Neale was suspended and Chandler Temple was a late out, I'm confident we would've won if Temple played. Lost by 7 points and his replacement Luke Strnadica managed just 0.2 from 3 touches. Adam Cerra doing his ACL a couple weeks before the finals didn't help either.

Fyfe, Treloar, Neale, Parkers, Wines, Hamling, Stringer, and Grimes are all key members of the team and hitting their late 20s/early 30s so will try to grab a Premiership in the next couple years before they start hugely declining.

SJL93 Hi! Want to make some lists for myself (2019/2020) and possibly to share, but I am a bit unsure on how it works. Would it be possible for you to provide some screenshots? Thanks mate!

SJL93 Hi! Want to make some lists for myself (2019/2020) and possibly to share, but I am a bit unsure on how it works. Would it be possible for you to provide some screenshots? Thanks mate!
Hi Brodes, sorry it took so long getting back i have been very busy with a lot of different things that don't involve PC. I will PM some details for you. I will say this. It's a long process if you start now, should be ready for 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back