Discussion Pre-Season Match Chat; SC scores in stickied thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my bias but the winner for mine of the weekend was Nick Martin. 16 touches and 50sc from 43% game time. That's 100 sc from a full game....for a 100k player. Jelly would have needed to get 500 points from his 500k price tag to get equal bang for your buck if you get my logic.
If he's named in the 22 for rd1, most will lock him in

Sorry for my bias but the winner for mine of the weekend was Nick Martin. 16 touches and 50sc from 43% game time. That's 100 sc from a full game....for a 100k player. Jelly would have needed to get 500 points from his 500k price tag to get equal bang for your buck if you get my logic.
Is he going to play round 1?

Is he going to play round 1?
I really don't know. He was just as impressive in our intraclub and hit out against the dogs. He hasn't put a foot wrong and I will be pretty upset if the likes of Ham get a run before him. I can actually see him taking Cox's spot on the wing as Cox runs out of puff a bit and has quiet games at this point. Would not hurt Cox to develop in the 2s. I hate this long round 1 because picks like this are up in the air late into the round and it's so hard to pick your finished team and make mistakes because of it.

Sheil and Stringer to come back in so who goes out?
Guelfi and Ham are pretty meh
Dev Smith is done

no clue anyway, just hoping he plays

if cheap rookies are named, I'm gonna take em, yolo

I really don't know. He was just as impressive in our intraclub and hit out against the dogs. He hasn't put a foot wrong and I will be pretty upset if the likes of Ham get a run before him. I can actually see him taking Cox's spot on the wing as Cox runs out of puff a bit and has quiet games at this point. Would not hurt Cox to develop in the 2s. I hate this long round 1 because picks like this are up in the air late into the round and it's so hard to pick your finished team and make mistakes because of it.
Yeah that Wednesday game is terrible. Although there aren't likely to be any rookies in that game, and I've made my mind up on the big players.

It will be bad if there is an unexpected rookie named, will force decisions.

Hopefully Martin gets a go.

Yeah that Wednesday game is terrible. Although there aren't likely to be any rookies in that game, and I've made my mind up on the big players.

It will be bad if there is an unexpected rookie named, will force decisions.
I suppose if he doesnt get named it will only be a matter of time and will be a nice trade in at some point.

I can see McGrath maybe moving up to that wing spot and maybe Martin slotting onto the HBF. That's were he was on Sat night. I think he led the goal kicking for his club in the WAFL and possibly kicked 3 in our intraclub? so he seems to be versatile.

I've got Chapman and Brodie because I had about 500k after picking the rookies then premos I wanted. The most nerve racking thing though is they play on Sunday and both aren't even guarantees to be in the 22. I also have Xerri.

Back up plan is Chapman to O'Driscoll, even if O'Driscoll not named. Pretty obviously rather carry 123k on bench.

And Brodie could become anyone under 398 if Chapman not named too, otherwise probably just get Ralphsmith as while I see him a 60-65 player I prefer him over Curnow, Rioli, Williams and rookies

I suppose if he doesnt get named it will only be a matter of time and will be a nice trade in at some point.

I can see McGrath maybe moving up to that wing spot and maybe Martin slotting onto the HBF. That's were he was on Sat night. I think he led the goal kicking for his club in the WAFL and possibly kicked 3 in our intraclub? so he seems to be versatile.
Yeah if he's not named round 1 he needs to wait until about round 5.

I don't know enough about Essendon to say where McGrath plays, wasn't he a hb as a junior?

I've got Chapman and Brodie because I had about 500k after picking the rookies then premos I wanted. The most nerve racking thing though is they play on Sunday and both aren't even guarantees to be in the 22. I also have Xerri.

Back up plan is Chapman to O'Driscoll, even if O'Driscoll not named. Pretty obviously rather carry 123k on bench.

And Brodie could become anyone under 398 if Chapman not named too, otherwise probably just get Ralphsmith as while I see him a 60-65 player I prefer him over Curnow, Rioli, Williams and rookies
Just imo but Chapman is a terrible pick. Take a rookie and upgrade somewhere else, or keep the cash. Second year players aren't worth the risk, no matter how good they look in two preseason games against a team that might win the spoon.

Just imo but Chapman is a terrible pick. Take a rookie and upgrade somewhere else, or keep the cash. Second year players aren't worth the risk, no matter how good they look in two preseason games against a team that might win the spoon.
Does this apply to Rowell ? .....what is it now, 6 games of AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean I think both are alright short term, Chapman for a bit longer, if picked. But can see a side like this

B: Ryan, Pearce, Logue
HB: Wilson, Cox, Aish
C: Clark, Brayshaw, Young
HF: Colyer, Taberner, Schultz
F: Walters, Lobb, Frederick
Foll: Darcy, Serong, Fyfe
Bench: Mundy, Henry, Acres, Treacy

Emerg: Brodie, Switkowski, Chapman, Banfield, Crowden

Wilson a shoulder scan wait - but Clark or Young could play half back and Crowden or Banfield could come in, some shuffling required etc.

Longmuir sounded more positive about Chapman, less positive about Brodie. F5 is a dick of a spot.

Name a rookie I don't have that will play and I'd consider it. Chapman being a bad pick taking 60s is better than a rookie not playing or 40 and dropped.

I mean I think both are alright short term, Chapman for a bit longer, if picked. But can see a side like this

B: Ryan, Pearce, Logue
HB: Wilson, Cox, Aish
C: Clark, Brayshaw, Young
HF: Colyer, Taberner, Schultz
F: Walters, Lobb, Frederick
Foll: Darcy, Serong, Fyfe
Bench: Mundy, Henry, Acres, Treacy

Emerg: Brodie, Switkowski, Chapman, Banfield, Crowden

Wilson a shoulder scan wait - but Clark or Young could play half back and Crowden or Banfield could come in, some shuffling required etc.

Longmuir sounded more positive about Chapman, less positive about Brodie. F5 is a dick of a spot.
Aish WTF?????

Name a rookie I don't have that will play and I'd consider it. Chapman being a bad pick taking 60s is better than a rookie not playing or 40 and dropped.
Assuming you have a premo at D4 - McCartin, Sinn, SdK, Boyd, Gibcus, Hinge all looking likely. Kemp possibly. I haven't seen your team so don't know which you have, but there are a few options.

Chapman priced at 56 means one bad score (30 or 40) kills his cash gen. A bad score early and he might lose money. Even if he averages 80 he's barely getting to $400k, and that could take months. You're either picking players to be keepers, or make money. Not players priced at 56 to average 60 something.

Assuming you have a premo at D4 - McCartin, Sinn, SdK, Boyd, Gibcus, Hinge all looking likely. Kemp possibly. I haven't seen your team so don't know which you have, but there are a few options.

Chapman priced at 56 means one bad score (30 or 40) kills his cash gen. A bad score early and he might lose money. Even if he averages 80 he's barely getting to $400k, and that could take months. You're either picking players to be keepers, or make money. Not players priced at 56 to average 60 something.
I hate the DEF options (outside of McCartin and SDK)

Overall they're all around $150k or more

Sinn - will he even play in round 1? Might debut in rd1, then be sub for the next few (I get those feels)
Gibcus - Grimes is a doubt for rd1 which helps, but when Vlastuin and Grimes return, could be dropped. Also for $170k, not confident he scores more than 50
Hinge - $180k really hurts. Lots of shoulder recos
Boyd - doubt he plays rd1
Kemp - the unknown, but still over $150k

I prefer the mid options

JHF, Daics, Ward are locked. I can see them topping Oliver and Bont for 1st season average

then there's:
-DStephens (spot in the wing locked in, good for 60-80 every week I reckon)
-Joyce (will get CBA's at Eagles if he's named)
-McEntee (small forward, but mid/fwd DPP is nice, and for a good side)
-MacDonald (midfield time, great junior stats/scoring)
-CStephens/Soligo/Hough could also play

Sinn - will he even play in round 1? Might debut in rd1, then be sub for the next few (I get those feels)
Gibcus - Grimes is a doubt for rd1 which helps, but when Vlastuin and Grimes return, could be dropped. Also for $170k, not confident he scores more than 50

I prefer the mid options

JHF, Daics, Ward are locked. I can see them topping Oliver and Bont for 1st season average

then there's:
Is Will Kelly going to Bradbury his way into round 1?

Hopefully your club proudly announces his debut in the week leading up to the game so we all know and can confidently pick him.

I'm planning for him to be my D6 for one week while English covers naughty Preussy. Fingers crossed

Is Will Kelly going to Bradbury his way into round 1?
Decent chance

I think he should, but the club will probably play Moore and Howe more accountable, then roll with Madgen/Ruscoe

I prefer the mid options

then there's:
Walsh went 22 games @86. Better than Piggy and the Bont. Maybe 1 of them beats that, no chance all three do.

I wasn't arguing that they were good or bad rookies, just that there are likely to be enough for 4 spots. And I could go through all the names you've listed and write positive comments about the defenders and negative about the mid's. Makes no difference.

Have you had a listen to Zac Merrett's after game interview (3mins worth)? Mentions Cox in one of his comments in a very positive way. Can't remember the comments exactly but it made me think that Cox was pretty safe in the team. Could be wrong but the video is on Bombers web page if you want to check it out.
Really liking Martin. Hope he gets a gig

Yeah if he's not named round 1 he needs to wait until about round 5.

I don't know enough about Essendon to say where McGrath plays, wasn't he a hb as a junior?
Now I'm sad. You haven't been listening

Baby Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back