Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

The Geelong Falcons have named their lists for 2024 with five father-sons among them, including three sons of Cats greats.

River Stevens (son of North Melbourne legend Anthony), Alfie Wojcinski (son of former Cats star David), and Noah Caracella (son of former Brisbane, Essendon and Collingwood player Blake) have been included in the 49-player primary list.

Meanwhile, Boston Riccardi, the brother of former Cat Osca Riccardi and son of 288-game Cat Peter, and Jagger Mooney, the son of two-time Geelong leading goalkicker Cameron, are also among the Falcons’ development list.

Xavier Ivisic, Zac McInnes and Ben Rongdit were all part of the Vic Country training hub over the pre-season with midfielder Ivisic and key forward McInnes shaping as the Falcons’ top prospects this season, while Rongdit is a highly touted 2025 talent.

Newtown & Chillwell has a strong contingent in the Falcons primary list with eight players, while Torquay and Geelong Amateur each have five juniors.

The Falcons also locked in 15 players on a development list and three budding young talents on a futures list.

PRIMARY LIST​

SURNAMEFIRST NAMECOMMUNITY CLUB
ButcherMackenzieSt Mary's
CaracellaNoahNewtown & Chilwell
CooperJoelTorquay
CooteBenOcean Grove
CornellMarleyOcean Grove
ElzingaLeigham Bannockburn
GeorgeKobeBell Park
GilliganLachlanSt Mary's
GorellThomasGeelong Amateurs
HallBradyColac
HanegraafArcherGeelong Amateurs
HanleyAngusTorquay
HendersonJackBarwon Heads
HoseJamesBannockburn
IbbetsonEdanNewtown & Chilwell
IvisicXavierBell Park
JaquesLachieSt Mary's
JonesSpencer Geelong Amateur
KershawLiamSt Joseph's
LindsayJoshNewtown & Chilwell
LowtherDanielLara
LucasFredBell Park
McCombeMarleySt Mary's
McGowanHamishTorquay
McInnesZacBell Park
MclachlanWillColac
McLeanLachlanLeopold
MellorJesseGeelong West Giants
MikundaHugoBell Park
Mithen WillGeelong Amateurs
MontebelloWillTorquay
MorphetHarryLeopold
MorrisonGusSt Joseph's
PattonCooperTorquay
PennisiBenNewtown & Chilwell
PerkinsRyanBannockburn
PikeJoeBarwon Heads
PosterinoGiuseppeSt Joseph's
RichardsonGeordieGeelong Amateurs
RongditBenColac
SandersJoshLara
SinnottSamNewtown & Chilwell
SkinnerJackColac Imperials
SmithWillLeopold
StevensRiverNewtown & Chilwell
TullioNoahNewtown & Chilwell
WaightMaxQueenscliff
WardCooperSt Joseph's
WojcinskiAlfieNewtown & Chilwell

DEVELOPMENT LIST​

AllenLennyOcean Grove
BiddiscombeLiamSouth Barwon
FordAngusBarwon Heads
HobsonJaiGeelong Amateurs
JohnstonOliverNewtown & Chilwell
LawlessCharlieAnglesea
LindseyMitchellSt Mary's
MooneyJaggerNewtown & Chilwell
NatonewskiJaiSouth Barwon
RiccardiBostonNewtown & Chilwell
RobbinsJamesOcean Grove
RobertsTysonSt Albans
UytdehaagGusColac
WhiteLuciusTorquay
WilliamsMasonLeopold

FUTURE LIST​

LaneWillLeopold
NshimiyimanaAimeGeelong West Giants
PaulWichayGeelong West Giants

As per above link

A question for those who may have more knowledge in the area of sons of former players, the Geelong Addy article specifically mentions 5 potential F&S's in the Falcons squad this season

Even though he wouldn't be eligible as a F&S selection, is Liam Biddiscombe the son of Craig?

A question for those who may have more knowledge in the area of sons of former players, the Geelong Addy article specifically mentions 5 potential F&S's in the Falcons squad this season

Even though he wouldn't be eligible as a F&S selection, is Liam Biddiscombe the son of Craig?

And is Daniel Lowther, a Jr?

There's an article from Krock which provides more details on potential F&S protects, along with sons of former footballers:

Noah Caracella (son of Blake, Essendon), River Stevens (Anthony, North Melbourne) and Alfie Wojcinski (David, Geelong) all return in the hope of attracting the eye of their dads’ respective clubs.

Jagger Mooney (Cam, Geelong), Boston Riccardi (Peter, Geelong) and James Robbins (Matt, Western Bulldogs) have earned a spot on the Falcons’ development list...

...There are also several other sons of former AFL players who aren’t father-son eligible, including primary list duo Mackenzie Butcher (Kent, Collingwood) and Lachlan Gilligan (Tom, Adelaide) and development lister Liam Biddiscombe (Craig, Geelong and Richmond).

And as per a Krock article from last year regarding the Falcons squad - James Robbins’ dad Matt played 7 games for Geelong, as well as the 100+ for WB which qualifies James as a F&S prospect for them

And is Daniel Lowther, a Jr?

I've read a few other articles without mention of Daniel outside of the squad list

We may be best to ask K rock Football if the Daniel Lowther on the Falcons list is the son of former Cat's player & current Cats AFLW coach, Dan Lowther?

PRIMARY LIST​

ButcherMackenzieSt Mary's
CaracellaNoahNewtown & Chilwell
CooperJoelTorquay
CooteBenOcean Grove
CornellMarleyOcean Grove
ElzingaLeighamBannockburn
GeorgeKobeBell Park
GilliganLachlanSt Mary's
GorellThomasGeelong Amateurs
HallBradyColac
HanegraafArcherGeelong Amateurs
HanleyAngusTorquay
HendersonJackBarwon Heads
HoseJamesBannockburn
IbbetsonEdanNewtown & Chilwell
IvisicXavierBell Park
JaquesLachieSt Mary's
JonesSpencerGeelong Amateur
KershawLiamSt Joseph's
LindsayJoshNewtown & Chilwell
LowtherDanielLara
LucasFredBell Park
McCombeMarleySt Mary's
McGowanHamishTorquay
McInnesZacBell Park
MclachlanWillColac
McLeanLachlanLeopold
MellorJesseGeelong West Giants
MikundaHugoBell Park
MithenWillGeelong Amateurs
MontebelloWillTorquay
MorphetHarryLeopold
MorrisonGusSt Joseph's
PattonCooperTorquay
PennisiBenNewtown & Chilwell
PerkinsRyanBannockburn
PikeJoeBarwon Heads
PosterinoGiuseppeSt Joseph's
RichardsonGeordieGeelong Amateurs
RongditBenColac
SandersJoshLara
SinnottSamNewtown & Chilwell
SkinnerJackColac Imperials
SmithWillLeopold
StevensRiverNewtown & Chilwell
TullioNoahNewtown & Chilwell
WaightMaxQueenscliff
WardCooperSt Joseph's
WojcinskiAlfieNewtown & Chilwell

DEVELOPMENT LIST​

AllenLennyOcean Grove
BiddiscombeLiamSouth Barwon
FordAngusBarwon Heads
HobsonJaiGeelong Amateurs
JohnstonOliverNewtown & Chilwell
LawlessCharlieAnglesea
LindseyMitchellSt Mary's
MooneyJaggerNewtown & Chilwell
NatonewskiJaiSouth Barwon
RiccardiBostonNewtown & Chilwell
RobbinsJamesOcean Grove
RobertsTysonSt Albans
UytdehaagGusColac
WhiteLuciusTorquay
WilliamsMasonLeopold

FUTURE LIST​

LaneWillLeopold
NshimiyimanaAimeGeelong West Giants
PaulWichayGeelong West Giants

As per above link
Pennisi apparently goes hard.

oops... didn't mean that lol

yes believe he is

Shields up, Catters. My stupid mate has been bombarding me with 'funnies' about Orren Stephenson's kid being our next father/son pic.

Plenty of knobs out there, hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shields up, Catters. My stupid mate has been bombarding me with 'funnies' about Orren Stephenson's kid being our next father/son pic.

Plenty of knobs out there, hey?
Big O didn’t play 100 games for us so that’s not a possibility.

Just heard the Orren Stephenson link in Ballarat geez.

Can I make the suggestion that the recent name of discussion has zero relevance to this thread and it's time to move on
Apologies if this proves to be a derailment and I know I don't always take things seriously and I can be more than a tad irreverent at times, but I mentioned this purely as a heads-up because if I'm getting stick from Mr Chucklef*ck offline (they don't post on Bigfooty at all, at least not to my knowledge) you can be sure there will be more incoming from morons online.

Changing the subject .....

I think think the headline is a little overblown . If we get one draftee from the three young Falcons we probably a redoing well and even then I doubt we are talking Dacois or Ashcroft. Two of them on the development list ..I can only presume that means not quite up to it atm but considering gentics will be given time to see what they could become. Thats all fine but do they really need to be thrown under the bus with a headline like below.

Renowned Victorian footy factory hits jackpot with new generation of father-son stars​

A renowned Victorian footy factory may have hit the jackpot with a new generation of famous surnames aiming to wow AFL recruiters ahead of this year’s draft.

Non-Geelong AFL fans may want to look away now.

The Cats’ dynasty of the past two decades was largely built around the club’s wondrous bounty of father-son players forming the backbone of their premiership teams.

Think of names like Scarlett, Ablett, Hawkins and Bews who all became premiership players representing the blue and white hoops, just like their fathers did years before.

Now it seems there may be a whole new generation of father-son players ready to assume the mantle for the next generation.

The Geelong Falcons, the region’s Under 18 team which competes in the elite Coates Talent League - the prime pathway for future AFL stars - has this week announced its 2024 list which features three (yes another three!) sons of Cats guns.

Alfie Wojcinski, the son of former Cats three-time premiership star David, headlines the trio having been included in the 49-player primary list.

Meanwhile, Boston Riccardi, the brother of former Cat Osca Riccardi and son of 288-game Cat Peter, and Jagger Mooney, the son of two-time Geelong leading goalkicker Cameron, are also among the Falcons’ development list.

Not content on stopping merely with Cats father-sons, the Falcons have also included River Stevens (son of North Melbourne legend Anthony) and Noah Caracella (son of former Brisbane, Essendon and Collingwood star Blake) on their primary list.

There must be something good in the water down Geelong way.

Changing the subject .....

I think think the headline is a little overblown . If we get one draftee from the three young Falcons we probably a redoing well and even then I doubt we are talking Dacois or Ashcroft. Two of them on the development list ..I can only presume that means not quite up to it atm but considering gentics will be given time to see what they could become. Thats all fine but do they really need to be thrown under the bus with a headline like below.

Renowned Victorian footy factory hits jackpot with new generation of father-son stars​

A renowned Victorian footy factory may have hit the jackpot with a new generation of famous surnames aiming to wow AFL recruiters ahead of this year’s draft.

Non-Geelong AFL fans may want to look away now.

The Cats’ dynasty of the past two decades was largely built around the club’s wondrous bounty of father-son players forming the backbone of their premiership teams.

Think of names like Scarlett, Ablett, Hawkins and Bews who all became premiership players representing the blue and white hoops, just like their fathers did years before.

Now it seems there may be a whole new generation of father-son players ready to assume the mantle for the next generation.

The Geelong Falcons, the region’s Under 18 team which competes in the elite Coates Talent League - the prime pathway for future AFL stars - has this week announced its 2024 list which features three (yes another three!) sons of Cats guns.

Alfie Wojcinski, the son of former Cats three-time premiership star David, headlines the trio having been included in the 49-player primary list.

Not content on stopping merely with Cats father-sons, the Falcons have also included River Stevens (son of North Melbourne legend Anthony) and Noah Caracella (son of former Brisbane, Essendon and Collingwood star Blake) on their primary list.

There must be something good in the water down Geelong way.

Odds seem heavily stacked for us to just develop another clubs F/S gun and get zilch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back