Review Port vs Carlton Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute calamity - we were just not good enough.

Hmmmmm... We got overrun by a rebuilding team who was a player short, lost its only key forward during the match and sustained injuries to their ruck and best midfielder.

We struggled to beat their press and were average with the ball. Our best mids barely touched the ball. We had no structure moving the ball forward and our defence had multiple lapses of concentration.

We had a top eight spot, confidence, form, pride and revenge for motivation.

What is scary is that this game was thought of as a danger game, that just shows how poor our team is at the moment. Praise the blues all you like but they shouldn't have been in a position to get the points from us.

Can't blame the umpiring at all. We were shit and deserved to lose. Pathetic effort.

Don't buy into this noble bullshit. Two years running they've got the nudge they needed.

I just want to have a Derp Bowl against them on an even footing.

So something I've been doing is tracking the average age and games played of each team in each round (Note: Starting 22). This is Round 8 so far.
upload_2016-5-15_15-28-54.png

I'm using stats from FootyWire and Gold Coast's av. age is bung at the moment, but they have generally been so far under 24.5. Note: 24.5 = 24 years and 6 months. If they had a median stat, I'd use it. I'll probably scrap something up to record this at some point.

I've been bleating about this for a while, but we have lost so much experience from key injuries and the 2 outs. I ****ing hate using this shit as an excuse and it isn't - we should have won today. But we need some steady hands and steady heads to come in. I feel like we should have been shooting for a premiership this year - but we just don't have the age group to do it.

The 'So you just lost to Carlton starter pack':

Lose free kick count by at least a ratio of 1:2 - check
Take a seemingly unassailable lead at some point in the last quarter before inexplicably collapsing to lose by a single digit margin - check
Make Matthew Kreuzer look like Dean Cox, Brendon Lade and Todd Goldstein all rolled into one - check

I'm not even angry. I actually laughed because the game panned out exactly as I expected it would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't buy into this noble bullshit. Two years running they've got the nudge they needed.

i dont like to complain about the umps, but did anyone hear when the ump gave westhoff that high free late in the 4th. he was apologetic in his tone. not so much when they gave frees against port.

Dont worry we'll have a total honesty session with each other during the week, we'll get back to Pt Adelaide Football, we wont go away from the process, we'll drop Amon and Ah chee for Toumpas and Sam Gray, we'll continually come out of defence and kick long to Jake Neade 3 on 1 and we can have this discussion all over again next week.

Good Stuff.

Disgusting effort from the 'leaders'.

Boak can't jump, kick or run. Must be dropped.

Polec needs to be sent to the snafl until he can kick in his right. Not an acceptable trait in a modern footballer.

Amon must never play again. Some of the softest running I have ever seen live.

Young had developed. Defense was generally good considering the shit given to them by the rest of the team.

We were robbed last year. This year we gave them the game on a platter.

First off, all the umpiring sooking can be given a rest.
Umpires fault Boak misses a gimme?
Umpires fault Neade handballs to Jasper 20 metres out?
Umpires fault Westhoff doing...whatever the **** it was in the last minute.

Midfield got pantsed.
They wanted it more. They were pretty much 2 men down for most of the game. And 2 bloody important ones.

Our inside 50s and our exists from the backline were horrendous today.
From a team who would of been sky high on confidence today after last week it all came crashing down.

Schoolboy errors, predictable

Poor decisions. Why did we make some of those decisions?

Well, we blew it

Seen it a few too many times.

I'd like to move on westhoff. Headcase.

Ebert, handballs to players under immense pressure. Too often

I have no idea what the coaches plan was.

Oh well, on the train now. Doesn't hurt.

I'm glad in some ways, pulled a bit of wallpaper off I think.

We have a good squad, but need to move some people on I think

Dont worry we'll have a total honesty session with each other during the week, we'll get back to Pt Adelaide Football, we wont go away from the process, we'll drop Amon and Ah chee for Toumpas and Sam Gray, we'll continually come out of defence and kick long to Jake Neade 3 on 1 and we can have this discussion all over again next week.

Good Stuff.
Lol.

What exactly is Port Adelaide Football ..? Lose the unlosable ?

Hurts to say this if you can believe it but we are a ****en Basketcase again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back