Port - Norwood rivalry (and tragedy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Because power fans are deluded and believe they were established in 1890! Totally different club in reality. Power has nowhere near the dominance , heart, grit and determination of the port magpies. I hate to say it but the magpies were hawthorn like in thier dominance in 70s and 80s. The power have been nothing like this .

Always luv an opinion dressed up as a historical fact

Where did I say that?

He said the Power hadn't matched the Magpies dominance etc and singled out their team from the 70's and 80's as an example. You then said "Always luv an opinion dressed up as a historical fact"

How is one to interpret your contribution as anything other than a disputation of the initial suggestion?

Even if Collingwood didn't exist and we went in with the PB's and the magpie they'd still dribble this shit it fits the narrative they want.
I'm not sure why all the hate existed in 1990 and beyond if the PAFC are not really the same club in the AFL herp derp.
CEO, President, Coach all move into the AFL first year.. not the same club!! lol jeezus

He said the Power hadn't matched the Magpies dominance etc and singled out their team from the 70's and 80's as an example. You then said "Always luv an opinion dressed up as a historical fact"

How is one to interpret your contribution as anything other than a disputation of the initial suggestion?
What about the term "Totally different club in reality"? That is an opinion dressed up as a historical fact.
Port Adelaife Football Club - 2 different teams, same club, fact.

It's a bit like the SANFL historian trying to be a smart arse and say that Port Adelaide's records now have to change.... and also soon exposed as an opinion from a Crows fan trying to rewrite history to suit an agenda.

as a westies fan, always had a lot of time for the williams family. dad speaks pretty highly of them, which is rare for a port player not named russell ebert.
Rivalry as it was without agendas deserves respect.
Kerls, Jack Oatey in that boat for my parents generation too.

That's like being Muslim and going to church.

Does anyone know of any Sturt/Norwood/Glenelg fans who follow the Power?
Theres quite a few. It's a bit different though as they don't have an AFL club and many of them resonate with a real club with a clun rooms and tradition.

Actually probably not many from Glenelg. They were pretty closely associated with the Crows in the early days.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

By reading his quote in full and not selectively editing. He said Port fans like to delude themselves that they were established in 1890 (sic) but in reality they are a "Totally different club in reality"

Ignoring the fact that the club was established in 1870

So you're saying they are as dominant as the Magpies of the 70's and 80's?

Melbourne, Richmond and Carlton were once on field powerhouses too. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make? It's a different club because we don't win flags every other year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great clips mate.
Always nice to remember the roots and never forget.

Question for the Port fans.
Do all magpies fans follow Power and vice versa?
Os it considered to be sort of one and the same? Or are there fans who only follow one not the other?
I'm imagining there were Port magpies fans who embraced the Crows when they joined in 1991? Or maybe not?
Genuinely interested.

i've known a few old heads that still only follow Port Magpies and only go to the SANFL games

i've known a few old heads that still only follow Port Magpies and only go to the SANFL games
Yep there is still a few of them and a few who follow AFL clubs. I even know of ex Port players who haven't got their head around the Power and follow other sides.
Have been a Norwood supporter since birth and was born into a die hard Norwood family but respect Port and they did the right thing moving into the AFL. I'd actually prefer them to the Crows TBH

Yep there is still a few of them and a few who follow AFL clubs. I even know of ex Port players who haven't got their head around the Power and follow other sides.

Scott Hodges is probably the most famous of these. Symptom of the SANFL imposed seperation the Magpies and the Power. This has now been rectified but damage was done and where all "not the real Port" mental short people get their ammo.

Scott Hodges is probably the most famous of these. Symptom of the SANFL imposed seperation the Magpies and the Power. This has now been rectified but damage was done and where all "not the real Port" mental short people get their ammo.
True. Port has done plenty of good stuff and rectified some errors. As I said they made the right move although I think the Magpies records in the SANFL should of ceased at the time and the SANFL side started fresh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back