Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it just me or was there something in the way that West Coast won yesterday that felt similar to Port over North in '07?
I was at the 2007 PF and I never felt the Roos had a chance but they weren't really put away till early in the third quarter. It was a bit more like the 1989 SANFL grand final where in a press conference the North Adelaide coach Michael Nunan made the prophetic quote "We have one goal in mind."
Mick Nunan used to teach me at Unley and he was a right bastard so that result was doubly pleasing for me.

What worries me is that the inclusion of Lycett makes him and Ryder an extra tall forward and they will think with Dixon it's tall enough, pushing Marshall out

Whereas I'd like to see Lycett, Ryder, Dixon, plus 2 out of Marshall, Watts, Frampton

Dixon plays at CHF and runs around like an unregistered dog taking marks and running people down from 40-80m out from goal. Not a great kick on goal so no dramas if he is so far out. Marshall plays FF. he is a good kick for goal. Ryder/Lycett play deep. Watts is no certainty to play more than 15 games and he doesnt play so deep.

Nothing to get worried about if a bit of brain power and correct positioning is used.

Is there anywhere I can watch the Subiaco GF?[/QUOTE
2 out of 3 so far - the reserves won by 18 points and the colts hung on by 2 points over Swan Districts.
Pretty good game the Colts could of gone either way..Subi might of got a dodgy free or two at the end there.The League undefeated in 2018 so treble looking ok.

Two rucks are better than one,
Two rucks will get the job done,
Two rucks are better than, better than, better than one.

Grundy and Cox beat Nankervis and with Dusty down the Pies midfield smashed the Tigers midfield
Lycett and Vardy neutralized Gawn and Melbourne's mids lost the advantage they had all year

Sometime neutralizing the oppo dominate ruckman is all you have to do. In the 2002 QF at Footy Park Steven Mckee didn't beat Primus (and French) but he neutralized Primus' dominance which meant our mids - Carr, James, Francou, Burgoyne, Stevens etc didnt get the arm chair ride they were used to. Buckley was missing with injury so their mids steeled themselves to have to work harder than ever to cover his absence, and as McKee stopped the Primus dominance, their hard work meant they beat our mids and won the game.

Ryder is good enough to spend 50% plus of his time up forward especially when its dry. If we had a decent KPF forwards coach we could coach him to be more effective for longer periods than he is used to. He has had good cameo 10-15 minute periods up forward and can kick a couple goals in that period, but we have to train him up to be comfortable to play there longer.

Next time you speak with KT impress upon him to go and find a 7 foot American. Nearly as important as a Chinese potato farmer. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subi Colts won 9.10 v 9.8 over Swan Districts so that's 2 from 2 so far. Taj 4th most disposal for Subi

Now just for Jarrod to win the league and he can depart as Subi's first ever 3 time premiership coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back