Travel Popular Travel Destinations & Holidays You Didn't Like

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved Santa Monica the first couple of times but when I went back about 2 & 1/2 years ago I found it a bit meh.

Hollywood is a dive

Stayed outside LA in San Clemente and Temecula (near the wineries) both were really nice and would go back again

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I went back to LA last year and overall it wasn't as good as the times I went in 2016 and 18.

Something a bit off about it and I guess covid is mainly responsible for that.

I went back to LA last year and overall it wasn't as good as the times I went in 2016 and 18.

Something a bit off about it and I guess covid is mainly responsible for that.

yep I don't think anywhere is the same/as good.

The world has changed a lot. First since social media, then covid.

yep I don't think anywhere is the same/as good.

The world has changed a lot. First since social media, then covid.
Disagree. Spent the past two months in Europe and it has been amazing. Three cities in particular I have visited before that I enjoyed every more this time around, London, Barcelona and Rhodes.

First time back in Europe since 2018 and have enjoyed it as much as my previous three visits.

Nuremberg is quite underwhelming and full of unfriendly people.

I liked it, good base for day trips as well.

But in terms of popular I'm not sure it's high on peoples list for places to visit in Germany.
I really liked Nuremberg. I found Munich a bit disappointing on first visit, but still alright.

I'm really interested in WW2 history so obviously Nuremberg really fit with that. If you aren't into that I can see that it may not be worth a visit, though even excluding the WW2 stuff I found it a nice place.

Second time to Munich was a bit better. Dunno why, just enjoyed it more.

I agree that some (not all) people there can come across as a bit aloof.

I really liked Nuremberg. I found Munich a bit disappointing on first visit, but still alright.

I'm really interested in WW2 history so obviously Nuremberg really fit with that. If you aren't into that I can see that it may not be worth a visit, though even excluding the WW2 stuff I found it a nice place.

Second time to Munich was a bit better. Dunno why, just enjoyed it more.

I agree that some (not all) people there can come across as a bit aloof.

I'm interested in WWII history which is why I went to Nuremberg. But even then I found Berlin and even Hamburg more interesting.

Sydney for sure. Overpriced, too dense especially Bondi Beach which would have to be the most overrated place I've visited. The Central Coast's beaches are so much better.

Orlando (and pretty much Florida, except for Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra)

Jacksonville is a complete shithole (doesn't really fit the "popular" requirement though)

Don't know what it its but just didn't vibe with Florida, much prefer California

Boston I found quite bland, didn't hate it just have been to better places.

Last edited:
Don't know what it its but just didn't vibe with Florida, much prefer California

Boston I found quite bland, didn't hate it just have been to better places.

Agree on both.

I've probably been to about 25 American Cities and the only one I didn't really like was Miami.

And I found Boston really underwhelming.

Agree on both.

I've probably been to about 25 American Cities and the only one I didn't really like was Miami.

And I found Boston really underwhelming.
Love LA though, seems to be a popular choice for people to not like but i dunno theres something about it that I vibe with

Love LA though, seems to be a popular choice for people to not like but i dunno theres something about it that I vibe with

I love it as well.

I've talked about LA enough on this website so I've probably said this before but the people who go there and think it's a hole and never want to go back always seem to stay in the areas I'd never recommend to stay.

I generally find the best in every city I go to, but man, I struggled with LA. Now, I wasn't there very long, was more a stopover and didn't get to venture out far, but the bus we went on to visit the 'sites' just landed on expensive shopping places and venues celebrities attended or got busted at. Then an overrated sign. Was massively disappointing.

Also visited Calgary between seasons, the snow had turned to sludge and it just came across as bleak. Assume it would be better in summer.

Posting this message at 4.00am on the P&O cruise ship, The Pacific Explorer.

My first cruise and what a treat. Currently at the southern most tip of Tasmania enjoying the effects of storm forced winds and high seas.

It's been pretty much a rough ride since we departed Adelaide Friday night and to be honest, pretty much over it already.

Not sure why people love this shite!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever traveled to a place that is generally a popular destination, that you were looking forward to visiting but when you arrived you found you didn't like it for one reason or another?

Alternately, have you tried to take a specific type of holiday such as a cruise, and found you didn't like that?

Or did you have a major travel event planned that didn't work out? For example, you planned to go on a two year working holiday to the UK, you got all your visas and set off, but a month later you were back in Australia after things went wrong?

It would be interesting to hear your stories.
Didn't like Vietnam

Didn't like Vietnam
Didn't like Ho Chi Minh, but loved Hanoi, and Hoi An.

Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) is just a dirty big Asian city. It may have charm like Hanoi, but I didn't see it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back