Preview Poort vs West Coast Beagles, pity the fool. Sat 23/4, 4.05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tankball game and Wet Toast want to lose more than we do. They're much better at tanking. They want the #1 pick. We'll give it to them.
If they want the #1 pick then they should beat us now to hasten the sacking of Hinkley. The quicker we sack Hinkley, the more games we'll win.

It all points to a win we did show signs of waking up in the second half against Carlton & West Coast have issues currently.

It all points to a win we did show signs of waking up in the second half against Carlton & West Coast have issues currently.
I'm wary - the Eagles did beat the Pies recently, albeit with the help of insanely accurate kicking in front of the big sticks. Who's to say they can't do something similar this week?

We'll win this game - we'll do it in painfully unconvincing style, we'll continue to bomb it in to nobody in the forward line, and our others players will look this rate, but we will indeed win it, Hinkley will come out and say that it was the starter we needed, Kane will come out and say we were wrong for criticising the coach, and Koch will come out of hiding and talk about how great stability is, and we'll power on and get beaten by Saints next week ("the conditions in Cairns are tough, Saints are a well drilled side with players we could never hope to have like Ryder and Howard, we can't be expected to win them all" they'll say), smashed by the Bulldogs the week after ("they played in a grand final last year, they're a quality side, we just aren't there yet"), beaten by the Kangaroos the week after (they're a 10 goal better team in Tazzie"), and get thumped by Geelong ("they've been around the mark for years, you expect them to be good this year"). We'll then beat Essendon unconvincing at home for a 2-9 record, which Richardson will sell as on the right track and Kane will come out and say it's too early to make a call on Ken because if we win the last 11 we sneak into finals.

We could be 0 - 19 and the club would say it's mathematically possible to make the top 4.
Just needs 14 other clubs to be stripped of enough points simultaneously for us to prosper.
Never say never, cos we will never ever give up due to working hardery and longery in a tough competition!
Lol, to be honest I'm still awaiting on the PED's scandal to surface over the Geelong side in 2007.

i don't even know anymore.

will losing help get him sacked quicker? maybe. if it's a bad enough loss.

i thought last week when we looked like losing to carlton by 100 they might have to pull the trigger early but that second half stuffed us up.

we're gonna have to win at some point i guess and this could be the least meaningful way of doing it. an after the siren loss with some west coast flog kicking a goal might be funny.

Ch 7 Broadcast Guide:

Fri:
GWS vs Saints - 7:00pm - live

Sat:
Dogs vs Crows - 1:00pm - live
Port vs Eagles - 4:00pm - live

Sun:
Maggies vs Sturt - 2:00pm - live
Richmond Vs Melbourne - 6:30pm - live

Mon:
Essendon vs Fauxpies - 2:30pm - live

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney 2017. The club via Rucci have been buttering us up for this one for weeks. The more challenging scenario will be 0-7.
Ken won't be too far from making history himself by the end of round 7 so why couldn't we be the first team to make finals from 0-7?

Fully expecting that if we do win, players and coaches will be clamouring on how their effort and hard work finally paid off
Only to lose the following week

Wet Toast is always one of those teams that win when we want then to lose & lose when we want them to win.

Due to that existing trend, we will probably win this weekend.

Would another embarrassing loss make a statement and take us a step closer to the current tenure finally falling? Maybe, with that said though, I hate the Perth Crows, sometimes even more than their SA knockoff, so I can still enjoy a win against them regardless of the time, place or situation.

Wet Toast is always one of those teams that win when we want then to lose & lose when we want them to win.

Due to that existing trend, we will probably win this weekend.

Would another embarrassing loss make a statement and take us a step closer to the current tenure finally falling? Maybe, with that said though, I hate the Perth Crows, sometimes even more than their SA knockoff, so I can still enjoy a win against them regardless of the time, place or situation.
We've already had five embarrassing losses this season with absolutely no comment except "we have to work harder". One more isn't going to make a difference.

We've already had five embarrassing losses this season with absolutely no comment except "we have to work harder". One more isn't going to make a difference.
When they see the mere attendance of <15,000 & supporters jeering the players off, they won't have the luxury of sticking their head in the sand once they realize how much further damage they're causing to the current financial debt.

The Eagles beat Collingwood (in Melbourne) with half their side missing!
They had a poor game against Sydney last week after rushing in a lot of underdone players. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing selection wise. You'd think they'd be better off this week as the underdone players have some match fitness. Vice versa if some players get the axe they'll have some younger players keen to step up and try and cement a spot in the line up.

If it's close game West Coast will come away with it. Ken will be desperate to avoid a 0-6 start to the season so I'll back Port in to win by 20 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back