Ponting board role

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously this is a no brainer. Punter on the board, and in a very visable way, is a massive get for us. I don't care if it's a tokenistic appointment or not.

The equation is simple: How many kids around Australia don't have an AFL team? How many of those idolise Ponting? How many of those would be swayed toward joining, or at least suporting us, based on his affiliation?

I'm guessing the answer is a lot.

Sponsorship, publicity and any nous he brings to the table are all big pluses too.

I can't think of a single better public figure to have on board.

Obviously this is a no brainer. Punter on the board, and in a very visable way, is a massive get for us. I don't care if it's a tokenistic appointment or not.

The equation is simple: How many kids around Australia don't have an AFL team? How many of those idolise Ponting? How many of those would be swayed toward joining, or at least suporting us, based on his affiliation?

I'm guessing the answer is a lot.

Sponsorship, publicity and any nous he brings to the table are all big pluses too.

I can't think of a single better public figure to have on board.
Agree - but I just hope that if he does come on board that we smart enough to leverage his involvement to our advantage.

Agree - but I just hope that if he does come on board that we smart enough to leverage his involvement to our advantage.

Quality exposure is his best asset. Weve always had a great club but even when we were winning regularly we didnt get the media excitement value. Most love JB and what his doing with our club but because of his media commitments wont push our buttons hard for fear of being bias on air. So to me its simple bring on our most loved aussie cricketer and let him shout on every tv channel and radio station just how f****n great kangas are. That in itself would be a million dollar advert we would never have afforded.

Doubt Ballarat is even on the radar for Ponting (or NMFC and AFL)

I know some for that expansion (fair enough, I disagree) but its not where we are as a club moving forward at the moment.

I would be very surprised if we had dropped this altogether.

Ponting won't know what he doesn't know. What I was saying was purely hypothetical, however it does have some basis in reality as it was through Cricket Tasmania we got the in at Bellreve.

IMO Ballarat has to still be on our radar, and if its not we have done a whole lot of work for nothing. Whats more is it is a very viable option and if a team (say Footscray) swoop in and leverage hard work we've done and take the idea from under us I will view it as a failure of our board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he would exhaust Tasmania to its full potential in terms or sponsorship, members and exposure.

I would be more eager to see his pull across Victoria and more abroad.
We have to vote him in if board, North, us want him.

Though it does go against trimming the board numbers in recent years.

I think he would exhaust Tasmania to its full potential in terms or sponsorship, members and exposure.

I would be more eager to see his pull across Victoria and more abroad.
We have to vote him in if board, North, us want him.

Though it does go against trimming the board numbers in recent years.

Then we leave him in Tassie until he achieves that goal.

W
We need Ballarat for our long term future,Punter should know how important it is for us.

Not the case at all, but agree that area is a back-up option to continue pursuing in the event Hobart/Tas does not work out.

The fact Punter is a huge advocate for Tassie is another plus to get him on board ASAP.

Then we leave him in Tassie until he achieves that goal.
I believe he could get things done for us on a large scale and quickly in Tassie, but whilst he still has international aswell as national exposure I would like to see what pull he has before his retirement settles in and his status diminishes somewhat.

Also if he continues on with T20, whether this proves beneficial or not to us remains to be seen. Does being a board member allow for concessions like this?

I believe he could get things done for us on a large scale and quickly in Tassie, but whilst he still has international aswell as national exposure I would like to see what pull he has before his retirement settles in and his status diminishes somewhat.

Also if he continues on with T20, whether this proves beneficial or not to us remains to be seen. Does being a board member allow for concessions like this?

Calm down. Ricky has not become the CEO. Anything that indirectly gives North exposure, is a good thing.

punter is not only well known and respected australia wide,but internationally as well,commitment to north could never be questioned,i would love to see him on the board,and also he should be utilised in any tv ads we make for membership recruiting,merchandise sales etc etc

Whilst he might not have formal qualifications you would think his exposure to the ACB Board, its marketing strategies, his own personal marketing agreements and the connections he would have had simply as captain of the Aust Cricket team should mean he would have plenty of value to add.

Not the case at all, but agree that area is a back-up option to continue pursuing in the event Hobart/Tas does not work out.

The fact Punter is a huge advocate for Tassie is another plus to get him on board ASAP.

There in lies the problem i think. We seem to often think of an area as a potential for new members when it seems to me that new members for the bigger clubs arent coming from a specific area they are coming from all over the country. Our image and appeal to kids and new migrants needs to lift. We should be brainstorming the members for ideas on lifting our profile. My idea is to create a cartoon for kids with the kangaroos. Get them while there young and extra money from the media rights.

There in lies the problem i think. We seem to often think of an area as a potential for new members when it seems to me that new members for the bigger clubs arent coming from a specific area they are coming from all over the country. Our image and appeal to kids and new migrants needs to lift. We should be brainstorming the members for ideas on lifting our profile. My idea is to create a cartoon for kids with the kangaroos. Get them while there young and extra money from the media rights.

An incredibly poorly marketed segment of the community.

Would be interesting to see MS Dhoni in Roos colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back