POLL - J. Polec,

J. Polec - How enthusiastic are you?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Needs a Mackay/Smack level of player option.
I guess, but some posters might think the two Macs (or at least one of them) and Hendo are the same level, or that one or both Macs are better than Hendo. Would all, two, one, or none, be worth at least the 2nd round Draft pick Brisbane will be expecting...or are they expecting a first round?

Mine isn't there.

He's a gamble, but worth the risk at the right price. Hendo would be paying too much. MacKay or whatever pick we could trade MacKay for would be what I'm prepared to pay.

If it would cost Hendo, no thank you.

Same as this.

Grab him - at the right price.

For me that's NOT Hendo

If the price is right. Not fussed either way really.

Does have the ability to backfire on the Crows though. If he goes to Port and tears it up then people use it to paint the Crows as incompetent. He comes to us and never gets his body right and it's the same again.

I went "grab him hes worth someone..." but it would be Henderson for Polec and a pick upgrade from somewhere. Or for a lesser player.

Same.

Hendo worth a bit more, but given the apparent shallow draft, I'd reluctantly use #27 on him, if we were to get it.

Saying that, Hendo is worth low 20s, IMO, which is more than I'd want to give..

Don't know about the draft into the early 20s to make the call, but still think Polec could be a gun in the right environment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd happily do Mackay out, Polec in.

Pretty sure most of us would. Polec is younger, has more upside and is a left-footer (which we clearly lack). Mackay has stagnated badly and looks lost at our club - I'd rather see him play good footy somewhere else than mediocre footy at Adelaide, and his last 2-3 years here have been a 5/10 at best.

We should be hitting up all of the clubs with a pick in the 25-29 range (hi Carlton) and gauging their interest in D-Mac. If none are keen, we move on and ask about Smack, Petrenko, Lyons - maybe we throw in our 3rd rounder etc etc.

Polec is a risk, but he's a risk with high upside, he won't cost the earth, and none of the players mentioned above are going to be the difference between us winning and losing games of footy moving forward IMO.

Where's the 7th option gone?
"I have no idea at all but the 3-400 pages spread over 2 threads have been good value" :)

If the price is right. Not fussed either way really.

Does have the ability to backfire on the Crows though. If he goes to Port and tears it up then people use it to paint the Crows as incompetent. He comes to us and never gets his body right and it's the same again.
Ummmm, Trigg is incompetent. Thus our current situation.

Grab him to annoy port.

tbh, the main reason why I want Polec is to see your reactions losing to us. I have a feeling some of you feel the same way.
Yeah, not sure why that's an option.

Port are welcome to him of they're stupid enough to offer pick 30.

Just hope we're not stupid enough to top that.

He was barely pushing for selection at Brisbane and they've probably written him off as a wasted pick.
Talls take a long time to mature. Midfielders take time to get a proper tank. Flankers and wingmen and outside players should be able to push their case and get a game if they're good enough from the outset.
Brisbane, bottom team, injury plagued and STILL didn't have him in their team.

If he makes it from here to a solid best 22 player it will be against the odds as people in the system for 3 years who are top draft picks and aren't entrenched in a teams 22 don't go on to become good players.

Also he may have a tattoo

I want him, but I'd be very reluctant to lose Hendo to get him.

Brisbane want a first round pick for him, but they know they won't get it, they're just saying that now to see how far Adelaide and Port are willing to one-up the other before signing off on a deal. Based on potential and exposed form, he's probably worth something between 25-30 which is what Brisbane will most likely end up getting for him.

Back