Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that you can't (or won't) see the difference between someone's super going from $200k to $350k compared to someone's wealth going from $200bn up to $350bn shows how futile it is discussing anything with you.
All of the financial calculators show that we need approx $1mil. In retirement. Why do people need 1000's if not 100's of 1000's $$ more than that?

The point I was making is that your fund manager for your super have robbed you.

We aren't arguing here. Those with power and money ran off with heaps of it

Surely it’s as simple as finding a way to balance tax cuts on poorer brackets with higher taxes on the highest earners. Just spitballing numbers but if you can legislate properly to tax billionaires 10% more and pass that all onto people earning under 50k, that’s a good thing no?

When I ran the numbers there's almost no tax brought in on the bottom three quintiles, I think, it worked out that the tax free threshold could be 45k and it would have a 0% per capita impact and a 3% of working population impact on tax intake.

Easiest win in politics. Letting people keep their money up to 45 to 50k.

I will look for data. And you could ask people older than you how their parents lived. What they did and did not have.

Midland is an option. Train station here and 26 mins to the city. Prices are great.
I'm looking on the other part north of the train line but the peninsula side of Maylands still has villas or townhouses with 3 bedrooms in the $500s, 4kms from the city.

I'm looking on the other part north of the train line but the peninsula side of Maylands still has villas or townhouses with 3 bedrooms in the $500s, 4kms from the city.

Great little spot there! Some good development in Bayswater and close to the city and Guildford. Great location.

Screenshot_20240429_175137_Chrome.jpg
A little personal example of why the government should not involve Twitter activists on important human rights issues.

(Person is not me and is a female who has been personally affected by DV).

This is one of the many times that people think they sound smart and they sound incredibly silly.

This concept has been discussed and written about for a few millennia.

Ricky could google this one.

I do love his stuff though. And he is funny.

It's a joke

It's a joke

Sure and I said it was funny.

I am also looking forward to hearing all the jokes you put up about other religions. Muslim? indigenous?

You also said "yes Ricky' - which by definition would indicate an agreement given the word yes. You didn't just say it was funny, which was why I provided commentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it with lefties hating on Christians of late while simultaneously giving Muslims a free pass ?

It has been increasing for a long time. Not only is it hugely inconsistent logic, it is starting to have some serious ramifications in the west.

European countries are in the middle of crisis atm. What they don't realise is it has been building for the last decade or more.

What is it with lefties hating on Christians of late while simultaneously giving Muslims a free pass ?

Christianity is the representation of the long standing systems and traditions that created the objectively best place for Western valued people to live.

Islam is a minority group in the west and as such falls into the group the liberals seek to protect from having their way of life trodden on by a rigid conservative system and the leftist use against conservatives to imply that any disagreement with cultural norms elsewhere is equal to racism and bigotry - effectively allowing them to suggest anyone who disagrees with them is a bad person.

The issues serve a purpose, they don't actually care. This is how people can march for women being protected from domes violence while carrying the flag of a group who consider it perfectly fine.

It has been increasing for a long time. Not only is it hugely inconsistent logic, it is starting to have some serious ramifications in the west.

European countries are in the middle of crisis atm. What they don't realise is it has been building for the last decade or more.

Think its part of the mind virus that has captured, not all, but many lefties. They look at the world through an identitarian lense.

Christians Jews, white men, conservatives etc etc etc are part of the oppressor identity that needs to be constantly ridiculed and taken down so that their world view prevails.

It's amazing the amount of destruction of long friendships and family bonds that have been broken by this mind virus.

Apart from the very real need to start ridding the schools and colleges of this very toxic ideology, I applaud your efforts to consistently engage with the other side of your views, have the conversations and debate and free flow of ideas based on logic, common sense and facts and try and avoid the descent into ad hominen attacks.

Must admit I struggle with engaging with these people however acknowledge how critical this engagement is to unifying our country once again.

Christianity is the representation of the long standing systems and traditions that created the objectively best place for Western valued people to live.

Islam is a minority group in the west and as such falls into the group the liberals seek to protect from having their way of life trodden on by a rigid conservative system and the leftist use against conservatives to imply that any disagreement with cultural norms elsewhere is equal to racism and bigotry - effectively allowing them to suggest anyone who disagrees with them is a bad person.

The issues serve a purpose, they don't actually care. This is how people can march for women being protected from domes violence while carrying the flag of a group who consider it perfectly fine.

Not only do they think domestic violence is fine they believe it is their right. It goes beyond what is and isn't fine. They also have little care to whether rape is right or wrong in many instances. For those who want to jump all over this, look at data coming out from Germany and Sweden over the last few years.

Think its part of the mind virus that has captured, not all, but many lefties. They look at the world through an identitarian lense.

Christians Jews, white men, conservatives etc etc etc are part of the oppressor identity that needs to be constantly ridiculed and taken down so that their world view prevails.

It's amazing the amount of destruction of long friendships and family bonds that have been broken by this mind virus.

Apart from the very real need to start ridding the schools and colleges of this very toxic ideology, I applaud your efforts to consistently engage with the other side of your views, have the conversations and debate and free flow of ideas based on logic, common sense and facts and try and avoid the descent into ad hominen attacks.

Must admit I struggle with engaging with these people however acknowledge how critical this engagement is to unifying our country once again.

Progressives have and are throwing the baby out with the bathwater regarding the west and the amazing country we live in. Some of the things they have fought for and seen change have no doubt been a good thing. Now it is descending into lunacy and a complete lack of acknowledgement of what makes our nation one of the best in the world.

Our isolation has helped buffer us against some of the major issues over time, however, a tipping point is coming.

I believe that it is an intended outcome of the push to remove religion from society that it then drives humans into new Community groups giving purpose.

The issue is that most of the battles are won, the freedoms are won and it's really just rights of unborn humans left to fight for.

So they need causes to get behind to get the same feeling of fulfilment in their community that would previously have been provided by religion (or sport). This is where ever more fringe causes being fought for come from.

Not only do they think domestic violence is fine they believe it is their right. It goes beyond what is and isn't fine. They also have little care to whether rape is right or wrong in many instances. For those who want to jump all over this, look at data coming out from Germany and Sweden over the last few years.
I'm loath to ask, but what's the data?

A correlation between an increase in immigration rates and the rate of certain crimes?

Islamists are working on NOT being the minority in the West and ultimately seek to overturn Western civilisation and establish a worldwide Islamic caliphate. I know this sounds like conspiracy-type rubbish but just look what's happening around us. Ousting Israel from the ME is the first goal and there are a great many willing supporters in the West, well-versed in the oppressor/oppressed mantra emanating from universities.

Douglas Murray describes this in The Strange Death of Europe.

I believe that it is an intended outcome of the push to remove religion from society that it then drives humans into new Community groups giving purpose.
This news is concerning. I'm not sure about the second part of your statement. Do you mean activism? Is that a good replacement for religion and its many facets of community service, education etc?

Islamists are working on NOT being the minority in the West and ultimately seek to overturn Western civilisation and establish a worldwide Islamic caliphate. I know this sounds like conspiracy-type rubbish but just look what's happening around us. Ousting Israel from the ME is the first goal and there are a great many willing supporters in the West, well-versed in the oppressor/oppressed mantra emanating from universities.

Douglas Murray describes this in The Strange Death of Europe.

You should expect that when people move they bring their values with them and then vote in line with those values to influence the new location's political system.

It happens within nations too.

A generation or two later there is very strong integration into the culture of the new destination as long as there isn't an identity game played with that local nation's politics reinforcing the differences between people by pointing out constantly the racial difference - polarising people into being firmer versions of their own stereotype. You'll see this best in high school where young people lean into their special status identity.

Geez if I needed to qualify my statements with, 'I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory' I probably wouldn't post the garbage online.

What started out as a 'defence' of one religion has fairly quickly turned into an attack on another. Some pretty disgusting generalisations made about people's nature or views in here. Reminds me why I avoided this thread for so long.

This news is concerning. I'm not sure about the second part of your statement. Do you mean activism? Is that a good replacement for religion and its many facets of community service, education etc?

Yes, it's not just religion's void being filled with activism though - it's also the lack of family to belong to and serve the interests of that leads to so many middle aged women to activism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back