Multiplat PlayStation Plus

Remove this Banner Ad

Thomas Was Alone has been added as another free title for PS+, available for both Vita and PS3 users. Only just released today and getting a 100% discount. :D

Was also revealed the other day that the long term titles of inFAMOUS 2, LBP2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse will be changing in June.

Thomas Was Alone has been added as another free title for PS+, available for both Vita and PS3 users. Only just released today and getting a 100% discount. :D

It appears to be getting positive reviews.

Was also revealed the other day that the long term titles of inFAMOUS 2, LBP2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse will be changing in June.

Sweeeeet.

Giving Thomas Was Alone a go now.

It's a pretty neat little platformer, with some great narration to go along with it.

The game has a relatively weird concept where you're playing as these blocks that have various names, Thomas obviously is the main block and you get introduced to more as you get through the levels.

As you go you learn that each block has it's own strength and weakness, mainly built around the power of jumping (so far - a new 'strength' has just been introduced to another character, so potentially more than just jumping elements). And you have to use the strength's and weaknesses of the blocks to get through the levels by switching between them.

That whole switching between thing, similar to The Cave, can be a little tedious. But for the most part it's a lot more breezy than anything The Cave ever had, as you'll be bringing your characters along a lot quicker anyway since it's more moment to moment helping than 'this character has something useful but I don't need it until right at the end of the level'.

The narration is the star here though, bringing life and personality to what are just boring old coloured blocks of different shapes and sizes. The narration is done by Danny Wallace, who is best known for being the nerdy guy in Assassin's Creed's out of Animus gameplay. It's all just done really well, very well describing each character, what they're feeling and how they're reacting despite them being inanimate blank objects that can merely jump.

The game also has a nice art style as well. Clean and sharp with plenty of colour as well.

I get the feeling that there'll be some form of twist, whether dark or not by the end of the game. I am really enjoying it so far though.

Giving Thomas Was Alone a go now.

It's already up? Thought it would be available until the next PS+ game change in May?

Had to stop playing Okahmi. Though i initially enjoyed it, got half way through before it became extremely laborious. Most reading I've seen in game, ever.

It's already up? Thought it would be available until the next PS+ game change in May?

Had to stop playing Okahmi. Though i initially enjoyed it, got half way through before it became extremely laborious. Most reading I've seen in game, ever.
Hard to believe considering you play as a Dog.

This is seemingly a bonus freebie, as soon as it was out it was free.

I don't think it counts to either this or next months quota.

Hoping for some help here...

Activated a PS+ Trial Month a few weeks ago, tried activating another (during it's period) it won't work, and now I have bought a 12 month one from OzGamesShop and tried activating... and nothing! Is it just not letting me daisy chain while I have a free trial activated?

Both codes are within expiry dates...

I've changed my mind on Thomas Was Alone. I said it was 'pretty neat' before, I'm upgrading that now to AWESOME. I am just adoring this game right now, everything it does it just perfection in puzzle platforming.

Every few levels a new character and ability is introduced, to which you quickly figure out how to use that ability to your benefit and then use it to get the other characters through the level.

But it's the perfect balance of difficulty on each puzzle with these abilities that just makes it all so damn good. No puzzle is too hard and it doesn't require any real strenuous thinking to get through them, you may get stumped for a minute or two, but then soon enough you'll realise exactly what you need to do. The fact that there's not a huge need for super precision gameplay helps a lot too as it can allow for mistakes.

The controls are also pitch perfect too, you know how everything is going to react to your controller inputs, the jumping is spot on, the movement is perfect and the momentum works well too.

The music also plays a huge part in the awesomeness of this game. It's this kind of sleepy rock music with a slightly epic, uplifting feel to it.

This game is just brilliant so far, really can't wait to get through it all.
Hoping for some help here...

Activated a PS+ Trial Month a few weeks ago, tried activating another (during it's period) it won't work, and now I have bought a 12 month one from OzGamesShop and tried activating... and nothing! Is it just not letting me daisy chain while I have a free trial activated?

Both codes are within expiry dates...
I'm not sure what's going on, unless you've got out of Aus region codes?

At worst, just activate them after the trial has ended, it won't do anything to your games.

Or you can tell OzGameShop the code is faulty, or give Sony a call and tell them the codes are faulty.

Went through my library of PS Plus games and found Bulletstorm (bit old now) and gave that a go - actually quite a fun shooter. Lots of swearing too - was amused to see you can filter out the 'naughty words' in the options if you want (haven't seen that feature anywhere before).

Should hold me over until Hitman comes out on the PS+. :thumbsu:

Finished up Thomas Was Alone. Outstanding game, one of the best PSN titles I've played.

Just really spoke to me in every way shape and form. Although the ending was extremely vague and confusing.

Decent length too, probably around 3-4 hours at a guess? Plenty of levels with every increasing difficulty, but never anything too strenuous.

Highly recommend.

And thanks NUFC Tiger on reminding me of Bulletstorm, might give that one a go next!:thumbsu:

funny you bring up bulletstorm as i bought it on disc before it became available on ps+ and gave it a 30 minute shot earlier in the night...i see some REALLLL potential in it!

the only real things that i don't like about it is the lack of proper feedback when you're shooting the baddies and running being assigned to x instead of l3.

other than that i can see myself enjoying the journey that this game will take me on

funny you bring up bulletstorm as i bought it on disc before it became available on ps+ and gave it a 30 minute shot earlier in the night...i see some REALLLL potential in it!

the only real things that i don't like about it is the lack of proper feedback when you're shooting the baddies and running being assigned to x instead of l3.

other than that i can see myself enjoying the journey that this game will take me on

Yep agreed with all that - especially the holding down of X to sprint is a strange one.

I like a lot of the banter/cursing between the characters. Reminds me a lot of saints row where a game doesn't take itself too seriously and is pretty over the top.

The leash mechanic is something unique too. Not sure how the game performed with sales but definitely has some variety in missions and has a bit of potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where can you find out how long your subscription has left?

Not sure if you can see like a countdown with remaining days/months etc you have left but I know you can check your transaction history and find the date your subscription started - can then work it out from there I guess.

Did anyone else download Hitman yet - 17 gig download! Good thing I have plenty of space hehe

Yikes...will try and remember to set that going tonight

I think it actually comes with some add on DLC weapons and something called a 'contracts pack' - not sure what that is myself as I haven't played yet.

Awesome that we get a game for free that I think to purchase online is $79.95 or so :thumbsu:

I think it actually comes with some add on DLC weapons and something called a 'contracts pack' - not sure what that is myself as I haven't played yet.

Awesome that we get a game for free that I think to purchase online is $79.95 or so :thumbsu:
If you are still paying $79 for this online then you are doing it wrong.

If you are still paying $79 for this online then you are doing it wrong.

Haha no doubt. I usually prefer to buy hard copies of games myself (over digital versions) but definitely shows that the PS Plus service is worth it just for the free games you can get

Where can you find out how long your subscription has left?
Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, wanted to make sure I was on PS3 to not get the process wrong, then forgot.:oops:

But it's PlayStation Network>Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>PlayStation Plus and there you'll be able to find when it started and when it finishes. Also if you have auto renewal on (which by default I believe it's on).

20% off Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for 2 weeks as well. GET ON IT! You don't need Far Cry 3 to get this expansion either.:rainbow:

But it's PlayStation Network>Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>PlayStation Plus and there you'll be able to find when it started and when it finishes. Also if you have auto renewal on (which by default I believe it's on).
Thanks for your help but, really? :eek: The PS3 dashboard could really use an overhaul IMO :oops:

Thanks for your help but, really? :eek: The PS3 dashboard could really use an overhaul IMO :oops:
It's a lot easier and quicker than it sounds.

I don't get it. My system storage says I've got 31g free, yet I don't have enough space for Hitman.

******* annoying.

You'll need double the space. 17GB for the download, and 17GB for the install. Once finished installing you'll get 17GB back though.

I've been caught out with that quite a few times. Had to delete a fair bit to get Ni No Kuni installed (22GB download).

Upgraded to a 1TB hard drive recently. Well worth the trouble of doing it IMO. Drive was about $70 or $80 IIRC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back