Multiplat PlayStation Plus

Remove this Banner Ad

That works well for single portion dishes, but for dishes with multiple portions you still waste the same if all the portions aren't purchased. Once you get the fish farms then waste doesn't really matter anyway.

Doesn't it work the same regardless of portions though? As far as I'm aware, the game doesn't tell you the number of customers so you can't really min/max the amount of dishes beyond the method I've described. Been a while since I played.

Doesn't it work the same regardless of portions though? As far as I'm aware, the game doesn't tell you the number of customers so you can't really min/max the amount of dishes beyond the method I've described. Been a while since I played.

Just say it's early game and you only have 2 shark heads. One will serve 5 portions, so if you just set 1 on your menu you'll only consume one shark head and olive oil. If you set it to auto fill and a 6th customer orders a shark head right before close then it will consume another shark head and olive oil which is a waste if the rest of the portions aren't sold as you could have sold all 5 the next night. I know this is the same as if you over estimated but you'll get an idea of how many customers you'll get at each Cooksta level after one or two nights and then you can plan accordingly. I've read the max is 28 customers but I've never counted myself. Of course it's all moot once you get the fish farm as all you really lose for over planning are condiments.

Just say it's early game and you only have 2 shark heads. One will serve 5 portions, so if you just set 1 on your menu you'll only consume one shark head and olive oil. If you set it to auto fill and a 6th customer orders a shark head right before close then it will consume another shark head and olive oil which is a waste if the rest of the portions aren't sold as you could have sold all 5 the next night. I know this is the same as if you over estimated but you'll get an idea of how many customers you'll get at each Cooksta level after one or two nights and then you can plan accordingly. I've read the max is 28 customers but I've never counted myself. Of course it's all moot once you get the fish farm as all you really lose for over planning are condiments.

Yeah fair, I follow that. I don't think any resource is that precious to worry about though, even prior to farming.

Autofill definitely seems the least fuss with minimal 'risk' in any case. You can only waste a fraction of portions from a single dish's worth of ingredients.

😎

Aveum is better than Evil West. I wouldn't pay money for it but as a PS Plus game I think a lot of people will happily play it but for me I couldn't will myself to play a minute longer.

So I “beat” the game, somehow.

I was on the last boss fight, it’s a 2-parter. First part and then you get a cutscene and the second part of the fight starts. I beat the first part and I am getting smoked on the second part. Until this time when I get thrown off the arena (with the boss having half his health left) and I receive the “Game Over” screen, which means I have to start the second part of the fight again. But no, I am tossed into a cutscene, then another cutscene, more cutscenes…… storyline ends.

One of the best game bugs I have experienced (Or maybe the game felt my pain.). That was getting annoying. I haven’t deleted a game quicker. 😂

Hearing rumours PS Plus May might have Elden Ring. Absolutely huge for those that haven’t played it.

Wish I could play it again for the first time.
I've never played it. Not into any of the Fromsoft type games but have enjoyed open world rpgs, is this game annoyingly difficult? Can't stand constantly dying bit if it's a bit more chill might check it out.

Hearing rumours PS Plus May might have Elden Ring. Absolutely huge for those that haven’t played it.

Wish I could play it again for the first time.
I will be coming back and rescinding that like and replacing it with an angry face if it turns out not true.

I've never played it. Not into any of the Fromsoft type games but have enjoyed open world rpgs, is this game annoyingly difficult? Can't stand constantly dying bit if it's a bit more chill might check it out.
I'd say.. less annoyingly difficult than other Fromsoft.
You can farm for hours to level higher to make things (semi) easier. But its a lot of learning enemy telegraphs in cobat, dying, beautiful visuals, dying, confusing quests, dying, satisfying fist pumping boss battles.... and dying

I've also never gotten through more than 4 hours with any Fromsoft game before rage uninstalling...
But have put 120hrs into Elden Ring for reference

Last edited:
Elden ring is definitely harder than Demon's and I'd argue Dark Souls as well.

Most people I know who bounced off those games didn't enjoy ER either - they are ultimately very similar, despite ER's slightly more open approach.

Awesome!

I look forward to spending 8 hours downloading the game and giving up after 15 minutes.

I did the same. Gave up 4-5 times. Persisted with it, watched a s**t tonne of YouTube videos, walkthrough guides, ended up putting 80 hours into it. I don't think you can play this game without using online guides. Nothing is straight forward.

Never completed it however and that haunts me. It's too late to get back into it now.

I did the same. Gave up 4-5 times. Persisted with it, watched a s**t tonne of YouTube videos, walkthrough guides, ended up putting 80 hours into it. I don't think you can play this game without using online guides. Nothing is straight forward.

Never completed it however and that haunts me. It's too late to get back into it now.

I have to admit this, I downloaded the 3 hour trial of Baldur’s Gate and it ate me alive on the easiest difficulty setting. So yeah, I could watch all the guide for Elden Ring’s and it would still destroy me. There are just some games I am not very good at. :D

In saying all that, if ER is on PS Plus I will try it. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit this, I downloaded the 3 hour trial of Baldur’s Gate and it ate me alive on the easiest difficulty setting. So yeah, I could watch all the guide for Elden Ring’s and it would still destroy me. There are just some games I am not very good at. :D

In saying all that, if ER is on PS Plus I will try it. :p

Trial and error. Eventually you'll get decent at it. And if a boss is too hard there are ways to cheese them or summon for help.

Almost grab Lightfall last month as it was under $30, looked on the weekend to buy it to play with the brothers and it shot back up to what I presume was the normal price.

So glad to see it's the freebie.

Is that also back to back FIFA/FC games that have become a freebie in May? Reckon that's the end of me buying it on release.
Must be I think. I'm the same now though, I don't mind waiting if I can just update them for free once a year.

Would love to see some other EA games in there. NHL for instance.

Must be I think. I'm the same now though, I don't mind waiting if I can just update them for free once a year.

Would love to see some other EA games in there. NHL for instance.

it's a bit pointless for people who have EA Play though

it's a bit pointless for people who have EA Play though

This is why I stopped my console EA sub as it's absolutely pointless. If I want new releases I'll use the PC sub (which I've actually cancelled my renewal due to the price increase). After about 12 months a lot of the games go to the EA Play/console sub and since Sony don't want to lose sales royalties on too many games they'll often throw EA Play games into Plus. Jedi Survivor was just added to Play so don't be surprised to see that on Plus before Christmas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back