Player Watch Pick #56 (2021) - Dante Visentini

Remove this Banner Ad

It was way too early for him, given he still hasn't really fully bested a SANFL ruckman in a match, and I'm angry that they have put him in this position. It would be pretty demoralizing for him. I assume they had him in to cover Dixon possibly not playing because if their intention was for him to be lead ruck they are sadists.

Im completely dumbfounded as to how this bloke is ahead of Sam Hayes in your pecking order.

Has Hayes done something off-field?
Hayes partook in a ciggy once

It was way too early for him, given he still hasn't really fully bested a SANFL ruckman in a match, and I'm angry that they have put him in this position. It would be pretty demoralizing for him. I assume they had him in to cover Dixon possibly not playing because if their intention was for him to be lead ruck they are sadists.
Honestly thought he did a useful job tonight for a first gamer, and in conditions not conducive to big men.

Can't knock him for his effort.

Phillips hardly dominated tbh.

Whether Hayes should be in is irrelevant. Ken doesn't want him around.

Honestly thought he did a useful job tonight for a first gamer, and in conditions not conducive to big men.

Nah he was an absolute liability. Not a comment on his future, could still be great but poor selection.

If Lycett was in doubt should have been the experienced player in Hayes to come in late. Dante absolutely fed to the wolves tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayes was bog ( best on ground that is) in today’s sanfl game. Have no idea how he can be ignored.

Did think he was going over to cover for Dixon.
Play forward do a little ruck work when handy.

That would have been a good idea.

Still needs another preseason and that 5 kilos he'll pick up.

I agree. Game day criticism was way OTT.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isnt the first and wont be the last ruckman that looks like a giraffe who has escaped monarto in his debut but a while off it
Wasn't any worse than anybody would expect from a teenage late pick ruckman on debut today, not his fault, but he should never have been selected. Lycett or Hayes back next week.

Wasn't any worse than anybody would expect from a teenage late pick ruckman on debut today, not his fault, but he should never have been selected. Lycett or Hayes back next week.
Or just ruck Dixon

But its crazy (as leader of the teakle fan club) that Hayes is behind Every one of the ruckman on ports list

Posted this in the review thread, Dante had a bit of a mare through no fault of his own, but one moment that was pleasing to see was when Zak was involved in a bit of push and shove (who would believe it?) Dante was the first one in there throwing Essendon players aside. A 20 year old, baby-faced ruckman who had to rush into the game from the coaches box.

He's a good kid, a talented ruckman and plays the game the way we want a big man to play. He'll come good.

The last time I saw a player in their debut who I thought was completely overmatched and akin to a fish being out of water was Pittard in 2011.

Absolutely no way he should have been playing last night. Clearly not ready, was a deer in the headlights the entire game. Simply not up to the pace of the game at AFL level both physically or mentally right now. That handball to an under pressure Farrell (I think it was Farrell) at the start of the 4th quarter after getting the free kick was diabolical. And quite frankly I'm not sure I've seen a slower player at AFL level in Port's side since Skinner last year or Redden in round 2, 2015.

I could understand him getting a game if the Club was in the bottom 4 and looking to rebuild. But the premiership window is open right now, and players who are this far off the boil should not be given a game unless it's break glass territory, and given that they still have Hayes and Lord available in the 2s, they're not at that stage yet.

The last time I saw a player in their debut who I thought was completely overmatched and akin to a fish being out of water was Pittard in 2011.

Absolutely no way he should have been playing last night. Clearly not ready, was a deer in the headlights the entire game. Simply not up to the pace of the game at AFL level both physically or mentally right now. That handball to an under pressure Farrell (I think it was Farrell) at the start of the 4th quarter after getting the free kick was diabolical. And quite frankly I'm not sure I've seen a slower player at AFL level in Port's side since Skinner last year or Redden in round 2, 2015.

I could understand him getting a game if the Club was in the bottom 4 and looking to rebuild. But the premiership window is open right now, and players who are this far off the boil should not be given a game unless it's break glass territory, and given that they still have Hayes and Lord available in the 2s, they're not at that stage yet.

I'd say your sole full time ruckman pulling out 5 minutes prior to match start qualifies as 'break glass territory'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back