Player Watch Pick #36 (2022) - Tom McCallum

Remove this Banner Ad

FpoAVsfakAAGwDx

When he was drafted he was projected to be a defender against the medium/3rd KPF. He looks like he has put on a bit of weight since then. Is it possible he continues to bulk up to play on the true #1 KPFs? I think that would give him a better opportunity to get games in the AFL side in the coming years.

When he was drafted he was projected to be a defender against the medium/3rd KPF. He looks like he has put on a bit of weight since then. Is it possible he continues to bulk up to play on the true #1 KPFs? I think that would give him a better opportunity to get games in the AFL side in the coming years.
Have we not learnt anything from Jonas? Undersized key defenders need to be absolutely elite and the window is small for them to be good enough to give away height to monster Key Forwards. Would be better off moulding his game on Houston or Stewart.

Na, he's not got the size. To me he's a poor man's, bulkier Pettigrew.

Personally I think he'd be at high risk of delisting this year and it is rare we delist kids after 2 years.

Will be interesting to see how he closes out the year and see if he can show something that buys him another year.

Na, he's not got the size. To me he's a poor man's, bulkier Pettigrew.

Personally I think he'd be at high risk of delisting this year and it is rare we delist kids after 2 years.

Will be interesting to see how he closes out the year and see if he can show something that buys him another year.
Agreed, unless he shows a lot more than he did last season with the Maggies McCallum would have to be a chance to be delisted.
The club could hang onto him a bit longer with the possible hope of doing a deal with the Tassie team, but there is no guarantee they would be interested.

Pretty inauspicious start so far but I reckon we've got more than enough retirement and delisting candidates for a team with no first round pick to need to be cutting a guy who was our first pick in the draft only two years ago and who has been slowed by injury. Maybe re-rookie at worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty inauspicious start so far but I reckon we've got more than enough retirement and delisting candidates for a team with no first round pick to need to be cutting a guy who was our first pick in the draft only two years ago and who has been slowed by injury. Maybe re-rookie at worst.
Amen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back