Photography

Remove this Banner Ad

The Top of the Rock at sunset has to be on everyone's bucketlist ! I'd love to get this one on canvas on the lounge room wall ... Anyone done this before? Taken with a stock standard Nikon D3200
View attachment 258972
nice shot mate, nothing wrong with a D3200!

I personally don't rate the canvas prints too highly, can work with the right shot but I'm not sure it would suit what you've got here, they tend to look less detailed in my opinion.

If you don't want to spend a bomb I'd get a nice and simple frame from IKEA and then get a nice print done on proper photo paper so it pops like it should. Or if you want to go bigger you can get a poster style print done and get it mounted on foam core for not too much, but it may not keep as well (years down the track).

I'm overseas at the moment too and along with the standard pictures of me standing in front of things I tend to find the less interesting things quite interesting so here are a few shots I've liked so far.

Also, I'm pretty sure the colours are way too hot but my tiny laptop's screen has pretty appalling contrast, so meh, I'll fix it all before I print anything once I get back!

9JdZ4w8.jpg

WsfJhXw.jpg

mETtVXV.jpg

t2l4kEc.jpg

I personally don't rate the canvas prints too highly, can work with the right shot but I'm not sure it would suit what you've got here, they tend to look less detailed in my opinion.

If you don't want to spend a bomb I'd get a nice and simple frame from IKEA and then get a nice print done on proper photo paper so it pops like it should. Or if you want to go bigger you can get a poster style print done and get it mounted on foam core for not too much, but it may not keep as well (years down the track).

If you are printing something to put on a wall, spend a little bit extra and go to Atkins Technicolour in Kent Town. They are a world class lab, you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a different medium to print on have a look at print2metal, vibrant colours, frameless and easy to hang.

Very nice shots there DD#23 and invest in lightroom on a macbook pro with retina screen for editing - amazing.
would love one, but the price tag represents quite a few nights away on airbnb :p
Well done DD.

The top pic though offends my OCD. Fix those tables up. Not Straight!!! ( the 2 B&Ws are really good)
Oh wow, thanks for the catch that is horrific... Played with the distortion slider for some reason and clearly paid too much attention to the top half of the image :eek:
If you are printing something to put on a wall, spend a little bit extra and go to Atkins Technicolour in Kent Town. They are a world class lab, you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a different medium to print on have a look at print2metal, vibrant colours, frameless and easy to hang.
haven't tried a metal print before but definitely familiar with the quality of their prints! :thumbsu:

the trouble is getting the framing done to match is never cheap.

Well done DD.

The top pic though offends my OCD. Fix those tables up. Not Straight!!! ( the 2 B&Ws are really good)
I went back for a look and I don't think it was an overdone correction after all, I think the tables are just crooked...

I think it's worth photoshopping them straight though lol

I went back for a look and I don't think it was an overdone correction after all, I think the tables are just crooked...

I think it's worth photoshopping them straight though lol
I do like the pic. By focusing first time on the table/chair sides I didn't see all the other details . Everytime I look I see a new thing. That's a sign of a good photo. Hidden secrets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sacrifice a few other things to make sure I have my macbook DD#23 ;)

I had some little square images done on metal for when I had some pieces selected last year for Art Athina. The german place mine was done at took the pure white on those images and didn't print there so that the metal showed through which made them even more stunning.

17192474437_9e01022506_d.jpg

17192468027_b40d3f0e29_d.jpg

17399549191_92498ce9c2_d.jpg

and this one was printed on glass but was sold before I actually got to see it. The white areas again were not printed.
17399554121_8403f482c3_d.jpg

Agree that there is nothing wrong with the D3200, the lens is just as important as the camera body. A great relatively cheap lens (under $280) is the Nikon 50mm f1.8g, gives pro results at a very good price.

Absolutely. Paul and Kate Atkins are personal friends of my wife and I have had the pleasure of meeting Paul on many occasions. The nicest people you'll ever meet and their products and customer service is second to none.

Absolutely. Paul and Kate Atkins are personal friends of my wife and I have had the pleasure of meeting Paul on many occasions. The nicest people you'll ever meet and their products and customer service is second to none.

Paul Atkins prints every Heartfelt session for free, not just in Adelaide but for all of Australia. They are an incredibly generous family.

Paul Atkins prints every Heartfelt session for free, not just in Adelaide but for all of Australia. They are an incredibly generous family.
Yes, they are. My wife volunteers for Heartfelt. It's an incredible organisation and one which she's proud to donate her services to.

Agree that there is nothing wrong with the D3200, the lens is just as important as the camera body. A great relatively cheap lens (under $280) is the Nikon 50mm f1.8g, gives pro results at a very good price.
geeze, couldn't we fill up this thread with talk about glass :D

found some cool escalators out and about yesterday:

3cpuCtd.jpg

Did you do the Tour there? I thought it was bloody awesome! With the 1 red seat in the stand signifying the longest home run at Fenway and tours through the media rooms and changerooms. I loved it

Yeah, did the tour. Done a tour of Yankee stadium as well. Yankee stadium feels massive compared to Fenway Park.

Ted Williams - longest home run ever hit at Fenway. The red seat is about 10 meters to the right of where I was standing to take that photo.

When sports stars win something and quirkily sign the camera lens with a texta is it difficult to get off?
It's actually also a filter/piece of flat glass well ahead of the lens itself. If you wrote on what's called the front element you'd just get a dark smudge across the image, wouldn't be legible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back