Photography Camera

Remove this Banner Ad

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys,

Unsure if this is the right place to post this but I am looking at getting into some photography but haven't exactly done too much in regard to it before. Just after some advice for a type of camera/lens for simple landscape style photographs for now and possibly something that could capture local footy action shots well in the future.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Photography threads seem to die off pretty quick around Bigfooty, it's probably worth asking around other forums. Whirlpool has a reasonable camera forum, and there's a bunch of photography specific forums around.

For that kind of thing you'd be looking at a wide angle lens and a zoom lens. You're going to need to work out a budget too, because you could go cheap and get an entry level DSLR, mid-range with something like Micro Four Thirds, or pricier Full Frame Mirrorless.

I wanted to muck around with photography and ended up going an Olympus Micro 4/3 because it's compact and I could go weatherproof at a decent price.

Photography threads seem to die off pretty quick around Bigfooty, it's probably worth asking around other forums. Whirlpool has a reasonable camera forum, and there's a bunch of photography specific forums around.

For that kind of thing you'd be looking at a wide angle lens and a zoom lens. You're going to need to work out a budget too, because you could go cheap and get an entry level DSLR, mid-range with something like Micro Four Thirds, or pricier Full Frame Mirrorless.

I wanted to muck around with photography and ended up going an Olympus Micro 4/3 because it's compact and I could go weatherproof at a decent price.
Awesome mate, cheers for the advice.
After doing a little digging I am definitely leaning towards a mirrorless, budget isn't too much of an issue but yeah I'll have a suss around the whirlpool forums and what not.

Thanks again for the reply!

Hey guys,

Unsure if this is the right place to post this but I am looking at getting into some photography but haven't exactly done too much in regard to it before. Just after some advice for a type of camera/lens for simple landscape style photographs for now and possibly something that could capture local footy action shots well in the future.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I have been using a Canon 700D, I usually use my smaller lens which is a 15-85mm lens for landscapes. If you need anymore advice I work as a photographer, just shoot me some inboxes I can help out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back