Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

Okogie has stepped up big time since KD arrived, definitely deserves that fourth starting role. Ish was also brilliant today but I’m not sold on him.

Warren and to a lesser extent Ross don’t add much for me, while Craig is just awful. I would waive him and get someone new.

Surely cut Paul? Only partially guaranteed for next season (15m I think?) and get out of the last year of his deal completely if they do it before end of June or something. It's a horrible way to end what was a pretty great partnership, but we just can't keep him at 30m a year.

Surely cut Paul? Only partially guaranteed for next season (15m I think?) and get out of the last year of his deal completely if they do it before end of June or something. It's a horrible way to end what was a pretty great partnership, but we just can't keep him at 30m a year.
Plenty to think about.

The key move is at the top. Is a new coach able to get Ayton to his 2021 form or do we just cut ties completely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that the dust has settled I'm feeling our roster

Booker/Payne/Goodwin
Beal/Gordon/Lee
KD/Okogie/Wainwright
KBD/Yuta/Camara
Ayton/Eubanks/Metu
The trick will be can Vogel get Ayton to buy in. That will decide how far we go.

Position-less basketball apart from the anchor.

Booker/Payne/Goodwin/Beal/Gordon/Lee/KD/Okogie/Wainwright/KBD/Yuta/Camara/Metu
Ayton/Eubanks

I still feel like we will see Ish waived before the start of the season, particularly if Bol Bol rumors end up true.

What grade do you give the offseason?

Position-less basketball apart from the anchor.

Booker/Payne/Goodwin/Beal/Gordon/Lee/KD/Okogie/Wainwright/KBD/Yuta/Camara/Metu
Ayton/Eubanks

I still feel like we will see Ish waived before the start of the season, particularly if Bol Bol rumors end up true.

What grade do you give the offseason?
On paper it’s a A+, however we have to see how it translates onto the court.

Expect it change post trade deadline with buyout options etc.

Very intrigued to how Vogel schemes them defensively.

The trick will be can Vogel get Ayton to buy in. That will decide how far we go.
Think Ayton is the one who struggles without a PG, his numbers and value has to go way down without CP.

Why not John Wall for the end of the bench just in case can still set the table just doesn't play D, sounds like any self respecting 6 man lol

Booker has been MVP level but is just getting injured too much. KD has been stellar but can't do enough himself.

I have doubts over Beal's ability to stay fit
Want to see Beal on the floor, no doubt we need these guys to play together enough to build some momentum, but it is still only game 20.

Nah not liking it and don't think Beal change much. Increases the scoring power yes but don't think the squad suits Vogel at all.

Also think everyone fit the roster isn't better than the previous three seasons. Might get past the first round, potentially the second but not beating Denver over 7 with this group.

Booker's last week has been poor, Durant the opposite. Just wish he'd stop taking the big shot at the end, he's 0/3 or 4 this season and they've all been poor attempts. Need to either get it in Booker's hands or move it around at the end.

Nurkic is the point of difference for me. When he's playing well he's effective and scores. But when he's not he's turning it over and having no impact offensively. Too much of a gap between his good games and his poor ones.

Think the roster still needs a tweak - need a proper point guard to run the show when booker's sitting at the very least or playing with booker/beal/durant when others are sitting.

And as I said Vogel is a good defensive coach but has been no improvement on Monty thus far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back