Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

If they were going to go that route, Sweat was the one to trade with the greater trade value. Wont get much for Reddick so likely they work out a deal I suspect.

I think Reddick has the higher trade value because, for example, he doesnt go half a season without a sack.

You think the scheme involved never rushing the passer or something?
May just have been the Matt Patricia Curse TM - Sweat and Reddick both dropped off dramatically (as did a bunch of others on D) once that incompetent fool took over as DC.

May just have been the Matt Patricia Curse TM - Sweat and Reddick both dropped off dramatically (as did a bunch of others on D) once that incompetent fool took over as DC.

They fell off before he took over.

Patrica did some bad stuff, but the individual performance of the players should not be excused. Just win a ******* rep once in half a season for *s sake.

Reddick should be traded at this point.

We can't dedicate that much money to three guys that are too similar.
If Reddick restructures also, then I can see him staying too.

Need his experience if we can keep it for the next year at a lower rate, then trade him next season. If he won't restructure then trade him now.

If Reddick restructures also, then I can see him staying too.

Need his experience if we can keep it for the next year at a lower rate, then trade him next season. If he won't restructure then trade him now.

Trade him if you can get the value, rather than lose him as a free agent

Absolutely the player when you don't chalk a stat for half a season.
"Didn't chalk a stat for half a season"???

He had no sacks after week 9 but he still had decent tackle stats, and his run ratings were good in the second half of the year too.

Sacks aren't the be all and end all, especially when Patricia keeps rotating you or taking you out of key 3rd down plays.

https://www.nfl.com/players/josh-sweat/stats/

1710591786045.png

"Didn't chalk a stat for half a season"???

He had no sacks after week 9 but he still had decent tackle stats, and his run ratings were good in the second half of the year too.

Sacks aren't the be all and end all, especially when Patricia keeps rotating you or taking you out of key 3rd down plays.

https://www.nfl.com/players/josh-sweat/stats/

View attachment 1930090

Come on, you're not being genuine.

Who pays a DE for tackles? And even then, one against the Seahawks, one against the Giants?

Do you think he was good against the Cardinals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on, you're not being genuine.

Who pays a DE for tackles? And even then, one against the Seahawks, one against the Giants?

Do you think he was good against the Cardinals?
I'm absolutely being genuine - who pays a DE just for sacks, and just for sacks in half a season under a s**t new DC?

Tackles reflect overall impacts across D positions, even when there is shite alignments or crud coaching good D players still get tackles if they are on the field. Dollar for dollar, Sweat gave really consistent effort last season, the complete fade out (at a higher price) was Reddick and Fletch.

Cmon now, the coaching was ass for most of the season. We all know of countless numbers of players that improve once they have decent coaching.

Personally with the addition of Huff, I trade Sweat this offseason & keep Reddick but if we can keep all 3, even better.

I'm absolutely being genuine - who pays a DE just for sacks, and just for sacks in half a season under a s**t new DC?

Tackles reflect overall impacts across D positions, even when there is shite alignments or crud coaching good D players still get tackles if they are on the field. Dollar for dollar, Sweat gave really consistent effort last season, the complete fade out (at a higher price) was Reddick and Fletch.

Everyone pays DEs on sacks.

At least, everyone where that's a pass rushing position.

Cmon now, the coaching was ass for most of the season. We all know of countless numbers of players that improve once they have decent coaching.

Personally with the addition of Huff, I trade Sweat this offseason & keep Reddick but if we can keep all 3, even better.

I don't think no sacks in half a season is that scheme dependent, where they aren't out of position (i.e. cox as a de in a 3-4). Like, beat your blocker in a 1v1 once in a while.

Can anyone point to any example of a guy who put up that big an eggwho was great after a coach change?

Everyone pays DEs on sacks.

At least, everyone where that's a pass rushing position.
Bulldust. Just absolute bulldust. Scheme dependent DEs (especially in rotation heavy schemes) often feature run exclusive DEs who only stuff run - sacks or pressures are just a mere bonus. There are also a few DEs who are so athletic they can cope with pass coverage in the flat - again they are paid to do that as well as core DE role, not just sacks.

If sacks was all that mattered for DE pay scale there would be grossly different pay outcomes for multiple teams DEs across the comp.

Bulldust. Just absolute bulldust. Scheme dependent DEs (especially in rotation heavy schemes) often feature run exclusive DEs who only stuff run - sacks or pressures are just a mere bonus. There are also a few DEs who are so athletic they can cope with pass coverage in the flat - again they are paid to do that as well as core DE role, not just sacks.

If sacks was all that mattered for DE pay scale there would be grossly different pay outcomes for multiple teams DEs across the comp.

I have absolutely no idea what you think you're on about. What do you think we just paid Huff off the back of?

Hint: its always rushing the passer.

No one is paying big money for run stuffing DEs. If you think they are, name them.

I have absolutely no idea what you think you're on about. What do you think we just paid Huff off the back of?

Hint: its always rushing the passer.

No one is paying big money for run stuffing DEs. If you think they are, name them.
This is just not true.

Stop making assertions and go check the actual facts on DE salaries and scheme bias across multiple years for multiple teams.

Anyway I'm done, you obviously are in a mood and can't take any alternative views tonight.

This is just not true.

Stop making assertions and go check the actual facts on DE salaries and scheme bias across multiple years for multiple teams.

Anyway I'm done, you obviously are in a mood and can't take any alternative views tonight.

Name one of the DEs that are paid big money that don't pass rush.

Just one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back