anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Very sad to hear of the passing of a WA football legend ,Percy Johnson, this morning.
Percy was a player for Old Easts, as East Fremantle were called back then. He played 180 games for Est Fremantle. Moved to Swans and played 21 games. Left Swans and moved to Claremont and played 27 there.
He also coached Swans, Souths and West Perth, with varying success.
After his playing days, Percy mixed coaching with radio and TV commentary.
He was a very astute judge of the game. Read the play very well, and it showed in his commentary.
A true legend of Aussie rules regardless of what state you come from.
Rest Peacefully Percy.

Very sad to hear of the passing of a WA football legend ,Percy Johnson, this morning.
Percy was a player for Old Easts, as East Fremantle were called back then. He played 180 games for Est Fremantle. Moved to Swans and played 21 games. Left Swans and moved to Claremont and played 27 there.
He also coached Swans, Souths and West Perth, with varying success.
After his playing days, Percy mixed coaching with radio and TV commentary.
He was a very astute judge of the game. Read the play very well, and it showed in his commentary.
A true legend of Aussie rules regardless of what state you come from.
Rest Peacefully Percy.

The word “star player” is so overused these days, but undoubtedly Percy was a Legend.

Highly respected in the WAFL world.

Only became aware of Percy in the past 5 years through his contributions to 91.3 Sport FM. He was a very astute judge of Aussie Rules and pleasingly wasn't a "back in my day" figure. He truly understood the modern game and the fact he was still coaching at Claremont until so recently proves he was knowledgeable.

Onya, Percy!

WAFL legend and Icon....played for EF originally then spread his knowledge and love for the game and comp across a variety of clubs - on and off the park....RIP Percy.....you will be missed

Percy was an absolute ornament to the WAFL and Australian Rules football in general.
I was aware that Percy was struggling health-wise but it's still very sad to hear of his passing.
R.I.P. Percy Johnson.

Percy was one of the most knowledgeable football people I have ever had the pleasure to meet and listen too.
His commentary on the radio and TV with his great mate the late Frank Sparrow was unsurpassed as far as knowledge and class not too mention enthralling listening.
His coaching work with the young guys (and girls) at Swans over the last 11 years or so has been immense.
He was still helping out the Swans Development squad teams and Colts until this year where his health unfortunately deteriorated.
Will miss chatting to him about both the footy and the trots.
Condolences to his family and friends.
R.I.P Percy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back