Peoples views on Jon Ralph....

Remove this Banner Ad

WOWEEE! Ralphee strides across the set o “on the couch” at the end of his ‘set’…and clearly gives Gally Lyon a serve!

No idea why…but the team were clearly shaken after the break.

The Peanut has cracked?

Any one see this?

WOWEEE! Ralphee strides across the set o “on the couch” at the end of his ‘set’…and clearly gives Gally Lyon a serve!

No idea why…but the team were clearly shaken after the break.

The Peanut has cracked?

Any one see this?
I just went back and watched. Ralphy was clearly very quick to take his mic off but I don't necessarily agree he's getting up to give Lyon a serve, and I don't agree that the team looked shaken after the break.

I just went back and watched. Ralphy was clearly very quick to take his mic off but I don't necessarily agree he's getting up to give Lyon a serve, and I don't agree that the team looked shaken after the break.

If you can, have a look at Lyons face, he looked surprised at least, if not shocked.

OH GOOD LORD ABOVE!

Ralph Mouth says ‘don’t get caught up in the MIN-U-TAY.’

The word as most basic primates know is Minutia - MI-NU-TIA.

Could he be any more STUPID?

Smug, arrogant p**** who epitomises everything wrong with AFL media today. Thinks he is the story. Thinks he is important and a big player.

TV footy coverage was a hell of a lot more enjoyable before the likes of Ralph inserted themselves into the picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smug, arrogant p**** who epitomises everything wrong with AFL media today. Thinks he is the story. Thinks he is important and a big player.

TV footy coverage was a hell of a lot more enjoyable before the likes of Ralph inserted themselves into the picture.
Out of him and McClure for most smug journalist going around

Essentially the AFLs propaganda spokesman. They use him to ‘start the conversation’ around things they can’t be bothered discussing, eg. Likely suspensions.

Bloke himself is about as vapid as they come, kind of bloke you hope ends up in some bizarre career ending scandal

this this this

w***ers all of them

on a commentary box viewpoint - matt hill is a breathe of fresh air

Our mate Ralph the Mouth uttered some medical BS last night on Fox.

Reporting on the Naughton injury, he proclaimed it was almost certainly an ACL injury created bythe wrrenching twisting motion of Naughton’s knee.

Well Dopey - as a victim of THREE ACL recos, I’m here to tell you that’s complete BS.

The most likely injury arising from a twisted knee is a Meniscal tear and a probable Medial ligament tear.

The Medial ligament is the one that runs down the inside if the knee, and stops the lower leg turning at 90deg to the upper leg.

Moving on -

ACL ligaments are a hyper-extensive injury most commonly - where the leg impacts the ground and is straight or semi straight at the time - the tib/fib moves fwd in relation to the Femur - this is called ‘positive shift’ or more commonly, the ‘oh shit’ feeling.

This is why it occurs to players landing on one leg, stopping quickly or even just changing direction.

These w***er journos like the Mouth need to talk to an Ortho before proclaiming the likely medical outcomes of things they simply have ZERO clue about.

Stick to judging the Pies with sauce from the caterer Jonny.

Last edited:
Our mate Ralph the Mouth uttered some medical BS last night on Fox.

Reporting on the Naughton injury, he proclaimed it was almost certainly an ACL injury created bythe wrrenching twisting motion of Naughton’s knee.

Well Dopey - as a victim of THREE ACL recos, I’m here to tell you that’s complete BS.

The most likely injury arising from a twisted knee is a Meniscal tear and a probable Medial ligament tear.

The Medial ligament is the one that runs down the inside if the knee, and stops the lower leg turning at 90deg to the upper leg.

Moving on -

ACL ligaments are a hyper-extensive injury most commonly - where the leg impacts the ground and is straight or semi straight at the time - the tib/fib moves fwd in relation to the Femur - this is called ‘positive shift’ or more commonly, the ‘oh s**t’ feeling.

This is why it occurs to players landing on one leg, stopping quickly or even just changing direction.

These w***er journos like the Mouth need to talk to an Ortho before proclaiming the likely medical outcomes of things they simply have ZERO clue about.

Also thought that Naughton's injury would be an opportune time to insert Lobb likely seeking a trade into the discussion. Classy.

Like McGuire and Collingwood, there's no conversation where Ralph doesn't feel the need to insert contract/trade/free agency BS.

Also thought that Naughton's injury would be an opportune time to insert Lobb likely seeking a trade into the discussion. Classy.

Like McGuire and Collingwood, there's no conversation where Ralph doesn't feel the need to insert contract/trade/free agency BS.
Yep, noticed that…he’s always peddling ‘what if’s’, like a vacuum cleaner salesman on speed - “what if I throw in 19 bags, what if I throw in a broom, I know for a fact this one sucks hard! “

Getting worse and worse for mine.

I thought he was relatively ok back when he was 'just' a writer for the Herald-Sun, but now seems to see himself as a TV star with an attitude to go with it.

The fact that the Herald-Sun continue to prefer Mark Robinson as their chief football writer and by extension co-host of AFL 360 is instructive as to how he is rated by his employers!

Getting worse and worse for mine.

I thought he was relatively ok back when he was 'just' a writer for the Herald-Sun, but now seems to see himself as a TV star with an attitude to go with it.

The fact that the Herald-Sun continue to prefer Mark Robinson as their chief football writer and by extension co-host of AFL 360 is instructive as to how he is rated by his employers!

Part of that group of journos who think they know it all. Think their opinions matter and carry weight, think they are a powerful voice that we should all listen to and it's pathetic. They're basically just the opinionated, loud mouth, pain in the arse bloke at the pub with a pen (or a keyboard). That's it.

Essentially the AFLs propaganda spokesman. They use him to ‘start the conversation’ around things they can’t be bothered discussing, eg. Likely suspensions.

Bloke himself is about as vapid as they come, kind of bloke you hope ends up in some bizarre career ending scandal
This. Never had an original thought.

The other thing that worries me is the hyper way he talks - I understand he’s on a time break - but it’s almost like he’s got shares in Red Bull -the eye brows flex so hard it’s like he’s trying to fly….while he speaks in ‘tongues’, it’s dead set frightening! 😆

Part of that group of journos who think they know it all. Think their opinions matter and carry weight, think they are a powerful voice that we should all listen to and it's pathetic. They're basically just the opinionated, loud mouth, pain in the arse bloke at the pub with a pen (or a keyboard). That's it.
Trouble is, there's no fall out when they're wrong.

Jon Ralph last year "Adam Simpson has given WC the finger on the way out by not finishing last".
This was before North beat the GC.

Sam McClure "North don't need to trade picks to WC for pick one because WC aren't picking him".

They basically want to be the person who says it first, regardless it's right or wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back