Unsolved Paul Virgona - Croydon football coach executed on Monash Freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

They didn't get away in it, they jumped out of the car on Scoresby road and abandoned it.
So no dogs or chopper , you got cars burning , people getting shot on major freeways at wee hours of morning , which results in a foot chase , with no criminals apprehended 🙄 Running threw suburban parks .

Just because the hit might have been planned, just because the guy was targeted, just because it wasn't mistaken identity ... does NOT mean that the victim was anything other than a cleanskin.

They didn't get away in it, they jumped out of the car on Scoresby road and abandoned it.

"Amarok dumped on scoresby rd after a police chase "

That's what i was responding to. And given Victoria police history, you can hardly blame someone for jumping to certain conclustions

Just because the hit might have been planned, just because the guy was targeted, just because it wasn't mistaken identity ... does NOT mean that the victim was anything other than a cleanskin.

Not quite sure how to interpret your post, but money laundering at the simplest level is very hard to detect or investigate which can and often does involve 'clean skins'. However when certain arrangements are suddenly changed by either party the mutual relationship can quickly go sideways...

Not quite sure how to interpret your post, but money laundering at the simplest level is very hard to detect or investigate which can and often does involve 'clean skins'. However when certain arrangements are suddenly changed by either party the mutual relationship can quickly go sideways...

I guess what I am saying is that cleanskins sometimes have demands made of them, find a business counter party is crooked, find themselves in competition with crooks, etc etc etc.

I know zero about the case in point and had never even heard of the guy. But I think it is important to dispel the silly myth that crooks are only a risk to each other.

I guess what I am saying is that cleanskins sometimes have demands made of them, find a business counter party is crooked, find themselves in competition with crooks, etc etc etc.

I know zero about the case in point and had never even heard of the guy. But I think it is important to dispel the silly myth that crooks are only a risk to each other.
The clean skin can go to the police ..... they may help they may not , funny game that one .
They may respond in a fashion you probably wouldn’t expect then your in the deep end , could have been green lighted 👍

A close friend who retired about 12 years ago, (former BHP Director) bought a small but busy Fruit and Veg business in Melb, mainly to keep his wife busy while he went fishing and played golf.
Within days of them taking over a well dressed gentlemen arrived offering to invest their weekly cash takings for a quick return of 20% - and we are not talking anything remotely near the size of Virgona's business...

Last edited:
Fair to say police remain baffled

“Everything about this shooting indicates that it was a targeted attack, however we’re still no closer to understanding why someone wanted to shoot Paul.

"Over the past couple of months, investigators have spent time going through Paul’s life – his family, his associates, his financial situation, really anything that could possibly give us a clue about why someone wanted to do this to him.

"So far there is nothing that stands out to us. Paul was loved by his family and friends and by everyone’s account who we have spoken with, was a great person who was well liked in the community.

"If he was [leading a double life] he was doing it extremely well. There it nothing that we have found that would indicate that ... our best and brightest in Victoria Police have found nothing.”

On the surface, really the only conclusion you can draw is he was a cleanskin pestered by OC, and told them to get ****ed one too many times.

“Everything about this shooting indicates that it was a targeted attack, however we’re still no closer to understanding why someone wanted to shoot Paul.

Gossip out of the markets apparently is that Paul 'refused to pay his dues' whatever that means but I made the remark 'I don't understand that, dead men can't pay up.'

So if what I'm told is true, his murder must be a message for others or someone else specifically who might consider not paying an option. And they probably owe more money than Paul?

Gossip out of the markets apparently is that Paul 'refused to pay his dues' whatever that means but I made the remark 'I don't understand that, dead men can't pay up.'

So if what I'm told is true, his murder must be a message for others or someone else specifically who might consider not paying an option. And they probably owe more money than Paul?

You’d think that, but it’d be hard to believe the police have zero clue if it is the case.

Still so bizarre. I would of thought if it was a case of mistaken identity , the family would be in the media pleading for this to be solved ..which they are not. I want to see some cctv of the cars in eastlink , but Why won’t the release more details ?? Strangest case I can remember for quite some time.

They have now. I missed this piece earlier, I don't watch much TV.

The son of Melbourne fruiterer Paul Virgona, who was gunned down while driving to work last year, says "hurtful" rumours about the reasons his father was targeted are not based on the facts.

Here's the Nike top one of them dropped.

Attachments

• nike.jpg
    nike.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 94

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Police have raided 12 properties and arrested three people as part of their investigation into the fatal shooting of Melbourne fruiterer Paul Virgona, who was gunned down while driving to work last year.

Mr Virgona, 46, was driving to work along the EastLink tollway early on November 9 when his van was sprayed with bullets, killing him.

From 5:00am this morning, police raided properties across Melbourne, including Mongols outlaw motorcycle gang clubhouses in Ferntree Gully and Port Melbourne.

Police units including the Special Operations Group also executed warrants at homes in Montrose, Kilsyth, Lilydale, Tecoma, Wantirna South, Southbank, Noble Park and Croydon, and commercial premises in South Melbourne and Port Melbourne.

A 35-year-old man from Kilsyth and a 29-year-old man from Port Melbourne were arrested in relation to the fatal shooting and will be interviewed by Homicide Squad detectives.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-22/arrests-over-eastlink-shooting-of-paul-virgona/11888546

And it's not just a wrong target, they followed him from his home so had some time to think about it beforehand.

If guilty and this is the case, will be a very very long time before these blokes see the light of day again - if ever.

Sort of case which is just begging a judge to make an example of.

Aren't the Mongols exclusively from up north?

Appears they have quite a presence in Melb.

Police staged simultaneous raids of 12 properties across Melbourne linked with the club this morning.

Aaron Ong, 34, from Kilsyth and Josh Rider, 29, from Port Melbourne were arrested in dawn raids across Melbourne and charged with Mr Virgona’s execution-style murder.

bd2ece40107bfe663d57b90c554a1c67

4aa62bdcf0219c18b4c675d23e93edb8

Appears they have quite a presence in Melb.

Police staged simultaneous raids of 12 properties across Melbourne linked with the club this morning.

Thanks.

Sorry, bit blurry I slept in after a dental drama yesterday and got a bit of a jolt when I saw this. Posted too quick.

Yes, looks like they did get the wrong guy, they're a special kind of deadly stupid. Well done for the arrests though, we've seen before when bungling assassins target the wrong person it's a difficult investigation can go unsolved.

Thanks.

Sorry, bit blurry I slept in after a dental drama yesterday and got a bit of a jolt when I saw this. Posted too quick.

Yes, looks like they did get the wrong guy, they're a special kind of deadly stupid. Well done for the arrests though, we've seen before when bungling assassins target the wrong person it's a difficult investigation can go unsolved.

I beg to differ đź‘Ť

Remove this Banner Ad

Back