Conspiracy Theory Paul McCartney is a Fraud?

Remove this Banner Ad

Same cheek bone structure, same droopy eyes, same lips, etc. But one has a longer thinner face, one a rounder chubbier face. Same teeth in this photo comparison, tho other photos completely different teeth. Sudden 4-6 inch growth spurt 1966 to 1967 ?? Plausible. But how to account for two different Pauls from photo to photo around that 66-70 period? Paul not dead, two different Pauls in and out of the Beatles and public life ??

Does my head in at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The character of Billy Shears was never anything more than an imaginary performer who appears at the end of the first track of Sgt Peppers. “The one and only Billy Shears” is the figure who sings ‘With a Little Help From My Friends’. Ringo takes this role and delivers what I believe is his best vocal in Beatle-dom. The conspiracy theorist who first came up with this nonsense used that name to signify a person who has never existed. In other words, he used the name of the imaginary figure in Sgt Peppers for his conspiracy theory.

In actual fact, Paul invented the name Billy Shears himself. “Billy Shears is another name that sounds like a schoolmate, but isn’t. Ringo is Billy Shears" on "With a Little Help From My Friends," McCartney said. “It just happened to turn out that we dreamed up Billy Shears. It was a rhyme for ‘years’ … ‘band you’ve known for all these years’… We thought, ‘That’s a great little name.’ It’s an Eleanor Rigby-type name. A nice atmospheric name and it was leading into Ringo’s track. So, as far as we were concerned, it was purely and simply a devise to get the next song in.”

Billy Shears is just a made up name. It helped to impress upon the listener the idea that they were listening not to The Beatles, but a band from a past age when brass bands had odd and sometimes long names; for example, Hetton Colliery Silver Prize Band was a real brass band. Soloists would occasionally be introduced to the audience if they had a leading solo in a tune, so quite often the band leader would say something like ‘And now we’re going to play (such and such a tune) and we’re pleased to welcome Albert Postlethwaite on cornet who will be playing the solo. Take a bow Albert!’

You may already be aware that the whole Sgt Pepper idea was simply that they would be a fictitious band. This was so they could ‘escape’ The Beatles legacy and just write and record what they wanted without any preconceived ideas about what they should write and record.

Sgt. Pepper is a concept album. In which The Beatles created an alter ego band that they dubbed as ‘Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band’. The alter ego band became the album name.

As the alter ego band, Paul introduced fellow band member as Billy Shear (Ringo) when the track from Sgt. Pepper song turns into With A Little Help From My Friend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back