Patrick Dangerfield vs Nathan Buckley

Who will be remembered as the better player?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it really that hard to read the OP? :rolleyes:

I still think Buckley will. I don't see Dangerfield ever being the same sort of captain that Buckley was, but Danger looks to be a more influential player. Still have to see him do it in a Grand Final as well.

They are/were both excellent players but Dangerfield just doesn't have the footskills Buckley had. And when I've got two elite players but one was a superb kick and the other mediocre, well, it'd take heaps to bridge that gap.

Depends if Danger wins a Brownlow before his career is done, other than Woewodin it's hard for me to say someone without a Brownlow be remembered as the better player than someone who's won one
So Carey, Matthews & Ablett Sr won't be remembered as better players than Tony Liberatore, Scott Wynd, Paul Kelly, Shane Crawford, Adam Cooney & Jobe Watson?

Buckley and quite easily IMO.

Unless Dangerfield really steps it up over the coming seasons.

Danger would need to win a Brownlow and deliver in a grand final.

He is on course to do that, but you always back the guy that has runs on the board.

What would have been a better comparison is Patrick Dangerfield versus Chad Wingard at the end of their careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna wind up being Buckley I'd say. I know he debuted a little older than most, but he hit the ground running and consistently played to an elite standard pretty much right up to the end. Danger might possibly get the job done, who knows, but I'm not betting on it. So I voted Buckley.

Buckley.

Reckon perhaps one of the more under rated super stars of the game (outside of Collingwood).

Good to see a non Collingwood supporter post this. He carried a poor team to 2 Grand finals. Then he got injured and the team was bottom 4 for 2 years. Only a true star can have that type of influence.

Good to see a non Collingwood supporter post this. He carried a poor team to 2 Grand finals. Then he got injured and the team was bottom 4 for 2 years. Only a true star can have that type of influence.

I think he gets judged harshly due to his personality. Opposition people just don't like him and that affects their opinions/perceptions.

Which to me is strange because he was the ultimate pro who has still able to have a bit of fun with himself (i.e. TFS appearances). As a coach he speaks logically and without a lot of the spin and bluster of others. Have a great deal of time for him.

Buckley by a mile. Only one of these players have tasted success down at Alberton and unless Danger wants to come here he is out of the question :p

But seriously too early to make the judgement, as Bucks is a mile ahead right now.
Danger needing to win a brown low is crap, Brownlows dont define a players career anymore, otherwise Woewoedon would be classed a superstar of the game. If and thats a big IF Danger can be as good a captain as Buckley he might bridge the gap.

Danger would need to win a Brownlow and deliver in a grand final.

He is on course to do that, but you always back the guy that has runs on the board.

What would have been a better comparison is Patrick Dangerfield versus Chad Wingard at the end of their careers.

Dangerfield to Fyfe would be a much better comparison.

Scott West is better than Liberatore, Wynd, Kelly, Crawford, Cooney and Watson and he never won one.
Would take Kelly without hesitation over Scott West and Crawford and Watson would be neck and neck. Regardless, Brownlow makes no difference to any of this.

Back