Food/Supplements Paleo Diet

Remove this Banner Ad

With me, it's more about just eating what I want to eat, and what makes me feel good. I'm not really concerned with the science of it or the "rules" per se.

I used to do a big milky cereal breakfast almost religiously for years, but tastes change. Now it just makes me feel gluggy and overfull. I've never been heaps into toast or sandwiches, and I've always drank coffee and tea black. Outside of that, there's not really a whole lot of situations where I'd be actively avoiding dairy or wheat anyway. I've never really "craved" dairy or wheat, and I don't consider them "treats" or "cheat foods".

I'm similar. I don't have any desire to drink milk, the only dairy product I have is grass fed butter and cheese every now and then. Wheat is the more difficult thing for me to personally give up. I can be very good for a long period of time but I always need to keep an eye on it. I love pasta, bread, pizza and the like, but I don't feel great after I've eaten it, especially when you compare it to how I feel normally.

Jab why aren't you defending me??

Because my mod pay cheque didn't clear :mad:

Health and diets are the new religion to many people and they can be quite sensitive, or for want of a better word, protective of their belief. I'm personally happy for anyone who has found an eating lifestyle that has improved their life and it's great that they're passionate about it. We're all members of a football forum, that says enough.

What I think is important is to encourage anyone and everyone to get away from processed foods, junk foods and refined sugar. If a paleo diet gets you there then so be it. If butter in your coffee helps, that's great. ( I tried that 3 times for months on end and just can't do it because I like black coffee). I don't think that there is a foolproof diet out there, there are holes or scientific studies on both sides of the argument. Personally I look at what I can objectively and see if I can add anything to my lifestyle.

Chief, I think that you should make a thread set up in the same way as the MyFitnessPal app where you can post what you eat each day and post a weekly weight loss. You could be our Big(gest)Footy Loser. You pick the diet/eating plan that you want to go on and we can tract the results. Jack Daniels might even come on as a sponsor.

Sounds like work.
I did it in the IF thread when I lost 15 kegs over 5 months. Pics an all.

Come on wheat boy, put your gut on the line. We're all friends here. YOu can show us woo-merchants how to lose weight on a loaf-o-bread-a-day.

2 things - I'm not that obsessed with food and weight, and nowhere have I said anyone should eat a loaf of bread every day. In fact I have said that the science tells us grains are fine in moderation.
nothing to do with obsession -it's about getting healthy. You've expressed a desire to shed some poundage, publicly documenting it actually helps a lot believe it or not.

The latter was obviously a jibe.

Come on dude. Lets see some strength of conviction. Show us clueless woo-believers how it's done the 'standard' way. If it's as easing us just giving up KFC and cutting down on the piss it should be a breeze to do and document.

I think you've mistaken my disdain for pseudoscience and quackery for something else entirely.

Running around documenting it all publicly is just obsessive behaviour.

However I am happy to post any weight loss next time I am in here correcting stupidity :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've mistaken my disdain for pseudoscience and quackery for something else entirely.

Running around documenting it all publicly is just obsessive behaviour.

However I am happy to post any weight loss next time I am in here correcting stupidity :)

So, if you did attempt weight loss, what would be the method that you would choose? Meal replacement shakes? Raw vegan? LCHF?

So, if you did attempt weight loss, what would be the method that you would choose? Meal replacement shakes? Raw vegan? LCHF?
I'm doing it now - returning to my diet and habits from before I started gaining weight. Within a year or two I'll be 10 or so kgs lighter.

As the science consistently supports: balanced diet of meat, veg, grains, nuts, fruit, dairy and so on. Less processed food. More exercise.

Reduce the bourbons and Hungry Jacks. Cut out the coke at lunch time, and the odd bag of chips or chocolate in the evening. One or two cups of milk a day, not 4 or 5. Do a bit more exercise each week, I already go to the gym, just not frequently enough.

The rest of my diet is fine, apart from maybe too many lunch time curries. Ordering a large curry with rice you end up eating it all when a sandwich would have been fine.

Easy as falling off a log, and no need to go mental obsessing over every infinitesimal chemical and calorie that may or may not be in my food.

No need for this rubbish about eating like a half-starved caveman fighting to live through the next winter. "Sensitivities" are 90% rubbish. I've seen people stuff their faces with bakery foods, then wowee when they pretend they are "gluten intolerant" and cut out the eclairs and iced buns and do a bit of walking they lose weight. What are the odds???

Do you just read the titles?

I know number 8 was a poorly controlled study, they said so themselves in the summary.

Number 2 is a pilot study of 13 people! Dude, come on. This is ridiculous.

This against the weight of hundreds of studies over many decades showing the balanced diet is the best way to control weight.

Last edited:
Do you just read the titles?

I know number 8 was a poorly controlled study, they said so themselves in the summary.

Number 2 is a pilot study of 13 people! Dude, come on. This is ridiculous.

This against the weight of hundreds of studies over many decades showing the balanced diet is the best way to control weight.
The balanced diet of 60% carbs correlated with spiralling obesity and type 2 diabetes?

I like a balanced diet of 70% fat the rest protein to be at my peak and at my leanest

Sorry if I'm using "balanced" in a way that isn't common amongst the diet fad community, but that doesn't sound "balanced" to me.
the conventional wisdom 'balanced' diet you have been championing is about 60% carbs. I'm starting to think Bazzar is right, you're just here to troll

the conventional wisdom 'balanced' diet you have been championing is about 60% carbs. I'm starting to think Bazzar is right, you're just here to troll
There you go again with the obsessive quantification of everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back