Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pjfalt careys misses is pregnant is that right??
Trent Castles will not get a senior game at Albury he is kidding himself if he thinks he will. He is too much of a selfish player. He will be back at jindera by the clearance date.

Heard an interesting story out at the tavern last night.

Mackie knew he was going to be a tiger on thursday but told the border mail he wasn't going to tell them where he was playing until friday so that he could be on the back page in a saturday edition, therefore ensuring 60,000 people see he's gone to albury instead of the normal 20-30,000.

Should fit right in at albury with an attitude like that.

That's from an impeccable source as well :thumbsu:

Heard an interesting story out at the tavern last night.

Mackie knew he was going to be a tiger on thursday but told the border mail he wasn't going to tell them where he was playing until friday so that he could be on the back page in a saturday edition, therefore ensuring 60,000 people see he's gone to albury instead of the normal 20-30,000.

Should fit right in at albury with an attitude like that.

That's from an impeccable source as well :thumbsu:
More sour grapes i see... Its good that Albury are going to be in the mix next year. Luke Carroll has done a great job over the past 3 years and Spargo seems to be adding the cream which they have lacked.

I think you should cut Mackie some slack as well. He was offered $800 plus from rival clubs such as Raiders, Myrtleford and North Albury yet decided to go to Albury for a lot less.

Even if that was true about the Bordermail (which its not) the guy can play footy which is all that matters. That's from an "impeccable" source as well.

More sour grapes i see... Its good that Albury are going to be in the mix next year. Luke Carroll has done a great job over the past 3 years and Spargo seems to be adding the cream which they have lacked.

I think you should cut Mackie some slack as well. He was offered $800 plus from rival clubs such as Raiders, Myrtleford and North Albury yet decided to go to Albury for a lot less.

Even if that was true about the Bordermail (which its not) the guy can play footy which is all that matters. That's from an "impeccable" source as well.

There's no doubt he can play football and will be a star upon his return to the o&m toughguy, i mean hitman.

And it's also admirable that he didn't just go to the highest bidder, no question.

However, don't call me a liar, the story about him wanting the story in saturday's paper is 100% true!

There's no doubt he can play football and will be a star upon his return to the o&m toughguy, i mean hitman.

And it's also admirable that he didn't just go to the highest bidder, no question.

However, don't call me a liar, the story about him wanting the story in saturday's paper is 100% true!
Apologies. I know the guy and it seemed out of character for him which is why i said it.

Just on Mackie, why do you think he felt the need to mention that he could have gone elswhere for more money in the Bordermail interview? It seems like an odd thing to do. Do we all need to know that he was being courted by other clubs, does that somehow make him a better player. Seems like guys these days want everyone to know just how many clubs wanted them, like that is a status symbol.

Just on Mackie, why do you think he felt the need to mention that he could have gone elswhere for more money in the Bordermail interview? It seems like an odd thing to do. Do we all need to know that he was being courted by other clubs, does that somehow make him a better player. Seems like guys these days want everyone to know just how many clubs wanted them, like that is a status symbol.
s**t call half time raffle you sound somewhat jealous,do you think maybe he said it to let tiger fans know hes not in it for money but instead chose them because of what else they had to offer outside of money,everyone knows every club wanted his signature and why not all class

s**t call half time raffle you sound somewhat jealous,do you think maybe he said it to let tiger fans know hes not in it for money but instead chose them because of what else they had to offer outside of money,everyone knows every club wanted his signature and why not all class

Sounds like an intresting bloke going off the various quotes about him - (Joel Mackie)

Hes 22 ?

Will he play 50 games at albury? 100? 150 plus?

Correct me if im wrong - this will be his 4th club in 2 yrs?

Sounds like an intresting bloke going off the various quotes about him - (Joel Mackie)

Hes 22 ?

Will he play 50 games at albury? 100? 150 plus?

Correct me if im wrong - this will be his 4th club in 2 yrs?

Albury is actually the 4th club he has signed the dotted line with in 2008!:eek: Could that be some kind of record?

[/B]

Albury is actually the 4th club he has signed the dotted line with in 2008!:eek: Could that be some kind of record?

Don't mean to be picky but I bumped into Joel at West Lakes supermarket in SA before christmas last year. In the presence of the Eagles captain. This suggests to me that:

(a) his initial contract with the Hoppers (which apparently had the 'out' clause) and (b) the contract with Woodville were both signed in 2007.

Correct me if I'm wrong;)

not jealous at all, good luck to him. Why couldn't he just say he was excited to be playing under spargo at the albury football club? I can't imagine a robbie walker or brendan eyers talking to the media about the money they were offered by other clubs (which they would've had countless offers). What's happened to the gentleman of the game?

s**t call half time raffle you sound somewhat jealous,do you think maybe he said it to let tiger fans know hes not in it for money but instead chose them because of what else they had to offer outside of money, everyone knows every club wanted his signature and why not all class

Not sure it was every club! Certainly a class player, especially considering he's not long ago had a knee reco. But his off field antics leave room for improvement i'd suggest!

So can i re-word your last line for you...
"a few other clubs wanted his signature and why not he's a class player!"

It seems the Wang magpies exodus has started, they should still be able to stay in the five you would think with all their good locals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mean to be picky but I bumped into Joel at West Lakes supermarket in SA before christmas last year. In the presence of the Eagles captain. This suggests to me that:

(a) his initial contract with the Hoppers (which apparently had the 'out' clause) and (b) the contract with Woodville were both signed in 2007.

Correct me if I'm wrong;)

Well mate at the end of the day he has been at four clubs this year thats the point as he is now a contracted Albury player with the new contracts that started 1st November with the VCFL!

Will you remain vice captain next year??

yer we new tht thats only three players that have left and 2 of them were basicly injured all year who are the 3-4 to resign

2 Dual priemership players an both will leave a hole still need to be replaced. Not queit sure on names just what I was told at the races yeaterday but there all priemership players apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back