Ovens and Murray - Pre Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovens and Murray Part 3

I know the corowa boys arn't sitting on their hands but not much seems to be happening any news from the river roos ?

I know the corowa boys arn't sitting their hands but not much seems to be happening any news from the river roos ?

They mighn't be sitting on their hands but they are offering ridiculous money to TDFL footballers.$700 a week to a ruckman who knocked it back as he'd tried O&M 6 years earlier and couldn't make it.Regardless of that fact it is way too much to be offering guys who won't become 50-100 game players at their club at the moment.

They mighn't be sitting on their hands but they are offering ridiculous money to TDFL footballers.$700 a week to a ruckman who knocked it back as he'd tried O&M 6 years earlier and couldn't make it.Regardless of that fact it is way too much to be offering guys who won't become 50-100 game players at their club at the moment.

You haven't been getting spun tales by a big bloke saying he was offered 700 dollars a game by the Roos have you Switch? I would think a man of your standing would be better than that.

The Roos are battling - there is not doubt about that. But they are doing the right thing for the long term, they have recruited a fair few kids that have plenty of potential.

You haven't been getting spun tales by a big bloke saying he was offered 700 dollars a game by the Roos have you Switch? I would think a man of your standing would be better than that.

The Roos are battling - there is not doubt about that. But they are doing the right thing for the long term, they have recruited a fair few kids that have plenty of potential.

They'd be the same kids that'd piss off year in year out when 'Tossol' wasn't interested in local talent?

Any truth to the rumour Luke Schilg is back training with Lavi and hasn't resigned with BB Saints? Would be a great pick up at the Panther Dome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone Care about this up coming season?? Everyone knows its only between Albury and Yarra, they are taking the piss out of the comp arnt they?

Does anyone Care about this up coming season?? Everyone knows its only between Albury and Albury, they are taking the piss out of the comp arnt they?

EFA. ;)

haha unfortunately it does look that way, Yarra is the only team who can challenge but Albury have got at least 5 or 6 goals better than last season IMO and will win it again pretty comfortably.

The two Wang teams have improved greatly and should have some ripper contests against each other and I reckon will both play finals...

As much as it looks to be a one horse race, I reckon we'll get some cracking games in 2011 from the mid-tier sides.

Wang, North Albury, Rovers, Lavi, Raiders etc. should all play out some pretty good games throughout the year and in the early rounds of finals.

Interesting to note that a lot of teams haven't even bothered spending/recruiting this season because they reckon there is no point.

I'm sure everyone is aware of the struggles of Cor/Ruth, but just wanted to put forward a question that was asked of me last week.

Was there talk among people in Corowa that the club should abandon the OMFL and switch to the Tallangatta league?

Myself, i think it is a bit far fetched and would not be a good move but just wondering if anyone else had heard this rumour.

I know very little about the leagues up there BUT!! wouldn't Cor/Ruth be too strong for the Tallangata league? Could they consider joining as two clubs.
Again But!! would they then be too weak?

I'm sure everyone is aware of the struggles of Cor/Ruth, but just wanted to put forward a question that was asked of me last week.
Was there talk among people in Corowa that the club should abandon the OMFL and switch to the Tallangatta league?

Myself, i think it is a bit far fetched and would not be a good move but just wondering if anyone else had heard this rumour.

Amazing what one ordinary season does!!!! Lets have a look at the last ten years; Corowa 2 premierships and 8 finals series. Yeah their playing numbers may not have been spectacular for a few years and their 2nds are a problem but the Tallangatta league, please!!!! Silly comment

Amazing what one ordinary season does!!!! Lets have a look at the last ten years; Corowa 2 premierships and 8 finals series. Yeah their playing numbers may not have been spectacular for a few years and their 2nds are a problem but the Tallangatta league, please!!!! Silly comment

The Velvet Lion, I couldnt agree more with you and I thought the same when I was asked the question (the question asker was from Melbourne so a rumour has headed down that way).

I know that the committee are out and about drumming up financial support for this year and many more after that and hopefully they get what they are asking from these businesses.

I love the club and would hate to see it be in trouble for any amount of time, but from what I have heard there is an injection of youth on the board which is driving some new ideas which may help the club.

If anyone is moving to ACT, Murrumbidgee Juggernauts (Div 3 & 4) are looking for coaches and players for 2011. Any referrals appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back