XBX Outer Worlds 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved the first part of the first game but it got really boring really quick however even at the time I noted it needed the first game to be ok enough so we can really see what they can do.

So eyes on this.

This is probably a fair way off as there isn't much to show. Some news sites are claiming Xbox console exclusive but I can't see anything definitive about that in the trailer though it might be a safe assumption.

Great trailer pretty much taking the piss out of hype

Obsidian have turned sequels around quickly in the past, so there's hope. Surely an Xbox exclusive.

Obsidian have turned sequels around quickly in the past, so there's hope. Surely an Xbox exclusive.

I wonder if they're going to be using UE5. The road map doesn't have UE5 coming out of beta until late this year or early next, but I think these sized developers using UE would have a close working relationship with Epic. 4.27 was just released which is the going to be the final UE4 entry but it is supposed to be able to transition to UE5. You can shave time off if they're not using their own proprietary engine but presuming this hasn't been in full production for long we might not see it until 2023 and UE4 might be a bit dated.

I saw some stuff recently that the UE5 engine itself is performing better on PCs with the latest Radeon 6000 graphics cards compared to 3000 series NVIDIA cards meaning the engine itself has been optimised for next gen consoles. This makes choosing UE5 over UE4.27 an even greater idea.

Loved the first part of the first game but it got really boring really quick however even at the time I noted it needed the first game to be ok enough so we can really see what they can do.

So eyes on this.

Samesies. I can't think of many other games for me that went from a 9/10 to a bog average 6 or maybe 7/10 within hours.

Agreed. Thought it was a solid 8/10 the whole way through.

Would love for the sequel to be bigger and have much better skill and weapon customisation options though.
yeah true but the smaller world wasn't a bad thing, I think too many times developers make the world too big rather than just perfecting a smaller and more enjoyable world

Remove this Banner Ad

Back