• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was 1 minute and 52 seconds away from being a premiership coach. He absolutely can coach.

I checked his record after you said that, because, you know ... memories are unreliable.

2012 prelim but bad loss
2013 we beat them in EF
2014 missed finals
2015 missed again
2016 12th
2017 13th
2018 4 point loss to GWS in prelim
2019 lost GF 5 points WC
2020 won 1 final
2021 doing poorly, resigned

So, yeah I mean he can coach, to a point, and did very well, to a point.

Then, Hinkley's record does not look completely disgusting either, but we're not happy with it. Having said that Buckley did take them to a GF, which is more than Donuts has done.

But I dunno, I just think there was too much bad mixed in with the good, in Buckley's case. Don't want.

I know you're joking about Simpson but I don't think we should rule him or Longmire out. This is a cyoa and all options should be explored.
Whats there to joke about. West Coast have an experienced lineup and havent won a game in years. Its not a team of kids, especially in 2022/23. On all evidence hes the worst coach going around.

Carr has the job so theres no point discussing anyone else really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next senior coach has to be a fresh set of eyes, who has never set foot anywhere near the current coaching set up.
He needs to be assertive, a straight shooter, and his own man. His number one priority is to create a premiership dynasty and to demand sustained success.

Anyone prone to buddy-buddy gambling syndicates, nepotism, & gold passes, need not apply. The coach isn’t there to be your best friend, they are there too tear down walls & tell you what you do not want to hear. They are there to install a sense of belief, & weed out anyone who are just in it for the fame & coin.

Last edited:
The next senior coach has to be a fresh set of eyes, who has never set foot anywhere near the current coaching set up.
He needs to be assertive, a straight shooter, and his own man. His number one priority is to create a premiership dynasty and to demand sustained success.

Anyone prone to buddy-buddy gambling syndicates, nepotism, & gold passes, need not apply. The coach isn’t there to be your best friend, they are there too tear down walls & tell you what you do not want to hear. They are there to install a sense of belief, & weed out anyone who are just in it for the fame & coin.

Urban Meyer

Hamish Hartlett

Anyone tbh i just want that fake, selfish, spineless f*#kin prawn out the door hell I'd be happy if Mr Bean was named coach anyone but hinkley over it

i just want someone external.

Without knowing i like james rahilly.

Don't mind justin leppitsch.

Look, it's going to be Carr whether we like it or not. And quite frankly I wouldn't put it past them to have already agreed to such a succession plan on writing and simply not announced to the public yet.

Speaking on hypotheticals, my preference on coach is dependent on whether they're still trying to go all in now, or whether they need a personnel reset over the next 2-3 years. If it's the latter, Carr will be a fine choice.

If it's the former, I'm bringing back Choco for a 2 year stint with a firm succession plan in place.

Back