Oppo Camp Other AFLW teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible lower leg injury to Western Bullodgs player today. Was listening to the game whilst driving to the MCG.

Was a real mess, play had 1.36 minutes to go in second quarter play was halted for 31 minutes while Gutknecht, in obvious agony, was attended to by trainers, medicos and paramedics before eventually being taken to hospital via ambulance.

A mate of mine has an exchange student living with him from Spain. Carlos apparently isn't sporty but I've offered to take him to Pies match to experience our culture but I didn't want to take him to Round 24 or a finals match because I think it would be just too much. Our girls are playing round 1 at Ikon park which was my first option but I also want him to get on the ground at a break to have a kick of the footy, get up and close at a huddle etc.

So with that in mind, I looked up ..... New faces, club changes, what to expect: Round one for dummies

And then I noticed Warlaw has moved on from Brissy to the Saints. WTF!!? ...... geez I hope we had a crack at landing her. I'm a big fan. Good luck to her ... but obviously not against us. 😝

1692908650990.png

Gee I think Molloy & Garner would take us pretty close to the premiership.

What do you think we’d need to do to get them in?
Would cost an absolute bomb!!
Any suggestions?!?

…oh wait…

Gee I think Molloy & Garner would take us pretty close to the premiership.

What do you think we’d need to do to get them in?
Would cost an absolute bomb!!
Any suggestions?!?

…oh wait…

We would be the club that has paid the highest price each time a new expansion side have joined the competition....

We would be the club that has paid the highest price each time a new expansion side have joined the competition....

We had big losses after the first two years - Garner included. Was it four girls who went to North for the start of 2019?

The club should take some of the blame for that. Seems like some players couldn’t leave quickly enough, after their first contracts expired. The coach at the time was not popular with the players - for a start.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had big losses after the first two years - Garner included. Was it four girls who went to North for the start of 2019?

The club should take some of the blame for that. Seems like some players couldn’t leave quickly enough, after their first contracts expired. The coach at the time was not popular with the players - for a start.

Yes it was 4. I think it was Garner, King, Duffin and Moana Hope....

Also, Molloy is playing her best footy l have seen from her, even better than what we saw in 2018, when she won the Rising Star award.
I just wonder how happy she was at the Pies in the last few years with us because she wasn't producing these performances we are seeing currently, or was it just the coaching and game plan?

Last edited:
I just wonder how happy she was at the Pies in the last few years with us because she wasn't producing these performances we are seeing currently, or was it just the coaching and game plan?

I think it's probably a bit of all the above. (plus she also had a back problem too I believe)

I was dark on Moy going and really hoping she had a bad year, yet on Saturday I was hoping she had a great day and was barracking for the Swans. I think maybe looking inwards at our club, not happy with the way we performed this year but began to rip the bandaid off by getting SS, I dunno? ... probably swinged my feelings towards her, and I was being a prick. Happy teams win football. Happy players, perform.

Moy's class, we all know that. Her 1st goal where she sharked the opp's ruck tap, weaves through traffic and snaps is pure class. And if there's anything the AFLW needs, are players to shine and play great, attractive and exciting football. The opposite to which our AFLW team dished out. Really hoping we find another Fly 2.0 !

Yes it was 4. I think it was Garner, King, Duffin and Moana Hope....

Also, Molloy is playing her best footy l have seen from her, even better than what we saw in 2018, when she won the Rising Star award.
Doubling your pay packet for doing the exact same job will generally make you happier, at least for a while. That coupled with the surgeons knife to fix a few things you couldn't fix when you play 2 seasons a couple of months apart

Doubling your pay packet for doing the exact same job will generally make you happier, at least for a while. That coupled with the surgeons knife to fix a few things you couldn't fix when you play 2 seasons a couple of months apart
Molloy more than doubled her pay packet in going to Sydney. More like quadrupled it.

At the Pies her salary might have been $70k (average AFLW salaries in 2023 are $40-60k). She’s rumoured to be receiving $250k in Sydney (possibly more), over a five year contract. As I’ve posted many times, I don’t blame her for leaving. But I do blame the AFL for allowing this to happen. Pies had no chance of competing with that, and keeping her.

Edit: re Molloy’s salary, see correction below.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back