Oscar Pistorius (Paralympic Gold Medalist) Has Supposedly Accidentally Shot and Killed Girlfriend

Remove this Banner Ad

Prestigerrycomo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
art-oscarpistorius2-620x349.jpg

Linked to tragedy ... Oscar Pistorius. Photo: Getty Images
Paralympic gold medallist Oscar Pistorius has shot and killed his girlfriend, South African media are reporting.
Afrikaans-language news website Beeld are reporting he mistook her for a burglar to his Silver Lakes home.

Way s**t happens over there though, I don't think it matters where you are, you wouldn't be terribly confident of your safety.

Its not just any compound, its a luxury, super high security one.

On top of that, he's allegedly shot at her in the dark, 4 times, without her saying anything?, without calling out or trying to identify them, without any sense of a threat?

Utter bullshit

You can't just kill a burglar anyway, there must be credible threat to safety. He didn't recognise her, but saw her well enough to shoot her? Didn't ask who it was?

He's toast.

This is terrible news. For someone to be born without fibulas and take on able bodied athletes in an elite sport is inspiring. I wouldn't be passing any judgements until all the facts are known. It doesn't make sense to me how someone could turn a physical adversity into a world sport success story through will and determination and later maliciously shoot their girlfriend. I can't imagine how he could go on competing regardless of the circumstances. He must feel shattered.

I'll reserve my opinions until all facts are revealed.

P.S. It's also a shame that a story like this is released to the worldwide media when so many of the brutal crimes/political corruption that happen in South Africa are suppressed or censored on a daily basis. I suppose Oscar is high profile enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is terrible news. For someone to be born without fibulas and take on able bodied athletes in an elite sport is inspiring. I wouldn't be passing any judgements until all the facts are known. It doesn't make sense to me how someone could turn a physical adversity into a world sport success story through will and determination and later maliciously shoot their girlfriend. I can't imagine how he could go on competing regardless of the circumstances. He must feel shattered.

I'll reserve my opinions until all facts are revealed.

P.S. It's also a shame that a story like this is released to the worldwide media when so many of the brutal crimes/political corruption that happen in South Africa are suppressed or censored on a daily basis. I suppose Oscar is high profile enough.

The inspiring story & targeting a high profile athlete malarkey is straight out of the pharmstrong play book

Lets leave it there? :)

A Valentine suprise on her part gone wrong they are reporting on the ABC....
Did they actually say that?

Regardless, he's farked. Being charged with murder now. The accidental death storyline that was reported earlier has quickly been abandoned.

According to the bloke on site, he's had controversy before. A boat he was driving either crashed or tipped a woman off allowing her to drown. He reckons he's not a great handling his booze.

First report I heard was it was a single shot. 4 shots doesn't suggest an accident. Ah ok been charged with murder and SA police are opposing bail. Things change a bit in 4 hours.

The inspiring story & targeting a high profile athlete malarkey is straight out of the pharmstrong play book

Lets leave it there? :)

Hi Colonel

When my oldest sibling was born, my old man was happy keeping a sawnoff .22 under the bed in Australia and would have shot anyone coming through the front door unannounced and that meant "anyone" especially at night of course eg. 4AM goes without saying . He did live in Dandenong in the 1970's at that time though. HA ;)

Not his first bit of controversy. Shame for such an athlete who inspired so many to do such a thing and obviously even worse for her family and friends.

As soon as I heard shot 4 times I didn't believe the accident theory. Don't know anything about SA's legal system, any chance of him pulling an OJ? Not that he would deserve it if what I believe is true,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back