On the couch tonight - anyone watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallsy singing the praises of the Sydney senior players saying they wouldnt give away silly frees.

Forgotten about Barry Hall already Wallsy?:D

YEEESSSS:thumbsu:

Was feeling a little lonely...

Next update - switched over to Desperate Housewives and Gabby in lingerie.... ah well back to Mike and Wallsy

Sheehan reckons Brisbane will challenge the Crows for fourth spot... tell him he's dreaming.

Healy thinks Sydney is more of a chance for 4th... that's more like it.

Re: On the couch.

Brett Ratten as the guest, how much of a love fest will this be between Wallsy and Ratten compared to the pasting he gave Harvey just a few weeks ago?

Healy asked in a round about way if Carlton tanked last year...

Rats response... Its good list management to send them off for operations and especially with the importance of picks :eek:

They commented that they Hawks so called "tough unsociable" football is actually just plain stupidity and ridiculous.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I love it...Solomon etc are over the hill and shouldn't be playing but Peverill and JJ should...

Yeah they said Knights needs to build from scratch and then in the same breath said JJ and Pev should be playing.

That makes a lot of sense.

That's why he is playing the kids Wallsy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They commented that they Hawks so called "tough unsociable" football is actually just plain stupidity and ridiculous.

Truer words have never been spoken.

The main problem with saying it to the players is that it gives them excuses to be stupid. Crawford went out looking for some ruff play and got it.

Whats the coach gonna say to him now?

They didn't even show Burton's mark which will most likely end up mark of the year. What a rip! They prefer to dwell on the negatives.

Forget Wallsy's throat clearing. He put a finger on one nostril and blew his nose "On The Couch" at one point. Nice for those eating dinner while watching.

They didn't even show Burton's mark which will most likely end up mark of the year. What a rip! They prefer to dwell on the negatives.

Forget Wallsy's throat clearing. He put a finger on one nostril and blew his nose "On The Couch" at one point. Nice for those eating dinner while watching.

They did show it - you must habe been checking out Gabby on 7 at the time.

The main problem with saying it to the players is that it gives them excuses to be stupid. Crawford went out looking for some ruff play and got it.

It's interesting that Clarkson publicly berates Mark Williams for a gesture that does no quantifiable harm while those players who get suspended for reckless acts, thereby directly harming the club's chances, get a free reign.

Some perspective needs to be gained here. I would rather have ten guys running around riling up the opposition with over the top celebrations than missing 2 or 3 weeks for unnecessary violence.

Healy asked in a round about way if Carlton tanked last year...

Rats response... Its good list management to send them off for operations and especially with the importance of picks :eek:

If your quote is what he said he is an idiot. He just admitted to tanking.:eek:

Did Ratten say "especially with the importance of picks" thats an admission of picking weak sides and losing on purpose.

VERY silly thing to say........

Spot on lazy.

Big difference between being tough and just plain stupid.

Tough is someone like Mitchell who puts his head over the ball at all costs.

Clarkson has never advocated punching blokes like Lewis and Crawf did, the point of unsociable football was more about the attack on the player i.e. McGlynns reckless hit on Cornes. He doesnt mind the physical intimidation but to think Clarko is telling the players to punch their opponents in the guts after how precious the AFL have become on this incident is stupid. Crawf hit Brogan because Crawf was frustrated, he did sweet F all in the first half, well pretty much whole game.

Over the last three years Crawf has become more angry and reckless after stepping down from the captaincy and it is hurting the team more then doing good, he has to realise he is still better then the majority of our midfield players and its important he is in the side.

If your quote is what he said he is an idiot. He just admitted to tanking.:eek:

Did Ratten say "especially with the importance of picks" thats an admission of picking weak sides and losing on purpose.

VERY silly thing to say........

He said it in the context of checking out all of your list to see who can play in light of what is going to happen in the next couple of years with Gold Coast and W. Sydney getting so many picks. No time to waste hoping your current picks can play if you aren't going to get as many in the next few years. Might as well develop them if you are not going to make the Eight.
That's how I heard it. I don't think it was sinister at all.

He said it in the context of checking out all of your list to see who can play in light of what is going to happen in the next couple of years with Gold Coast and W. Sydney getting so many picks. No time to waste hoping your current picks can play if you aren't going to get as many in the next few years. Might as well develop them if you are not going to make the Eight.
That's how I heard it. I don't think it was sinister at all.

Nevertheless, this could be an interesting 2nd half of the season with the possibility of 6 teams tanking to finish in the bottom couple at end of year. Of course.

I hope this happens so a top 12 is introduced and there is actually some incentive for teams lower down to win late in the season.

"Playing the kids" for 15 weeks may be ok for their development but it doesn't do the image of the AFL as an elite, cut throat league any good at all.

Big difference between being tough and just plain stupid.Tough is someone like Mitchell who puts his head over the ball at all costs.

As opposed to Crawford who always squibs it..... :rolleyes:

I'm happy to have guys prepared to do some knuckle work. You've got some crazy short memory there if you don't remember how the Dons of '2000 played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back