Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say its great to see the improvement in Wodonga and Nth Albury .. great for these clubs and good for the comp
I’m not sold on Wodonga, improved a little but won’t seriously threaten teams come business time. Swirling wind favoured them big time , basically carried the ball for them . Then would change and direction with each new quarter, never seen anything like it.

Ok different end of the ladder… Wodonga Raiders. They were full of hype in the off season unveiling a number of recruits. Personally I thought they’d be pushing for the 5.. not sure if they’d make it but thought there would have been significant improvements. Instead. They look to have gone backwards.

Huge wraps on Almond but hasn’t delivered. Prices recruiting hasn’t paid off.
What direction are the Wodonga raiders heading?
Need to keep Ellis Yollman for next year or they could be fighting for the spoon with Corowa

They have won 4 games of football since the start of the 2022 season
Sadly in today’s landscape, Raiders are stil spending $200,000 a year on the senior group. On current form, Corowa wins by 6-8 goals. Cam Yolemen owes them nothing, he was good enough to give them a second year, he shouldn’t have to put up with such pathetic on-field standards.

Sadly in today’s landscape, Raiders are stil spending $200,000 a year on the senior group. On current form, Corowa wins by 6-8 goals. Cam Yolemen owes them nothing, he was good enough to give them a second year, he shouldn’t have to put up with such pathetic on-field standards.
Whispers have the Tigers Circling like Wolves

I see Corowa 2nds had Stephen Owen (senior coach) and David Wink (senior role) both play. Both getting on age wise. % of 9, toughest part of the year weather wise to come. If seniors don’t win vs Raiders, hope will fade. Huge respect for coming back, but will players recommit for 2025? Genuine question- my feel is next years sell will be harder than this years

I’m not sold on Wodonga, improved a little but won’t seriously threaten teams come business time. Swirling wind favoured them big time , basically carried the ball for them . Then would change and direction with each new quarter, never seen anything like it.
So Wind won it for Wodonga, amazing. Flog. Rovers wont even be a f*cking footnote come the business end.

I see Corowa 2nds had Stephen Owen (senior coach) and David Wink (senior role) both play. Both getting on age wise. % of 9, toughest part of the year weather wise to come. If seniors don’t win vs Raiders, hope will fade. Huge respect for coming back, but will players recommit for 2025? Genuine question- my feel is next years sell will be harder than this years
If you go back through the season I think you will find nearly all the Senior Staff have played a game.
Think I saw Telerico named in a few games.
Same with Wink

This is great committment from these guys ,, and do you not know that this is occuring at a lot of clubs in the comp just to field a side in the ressies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs have beaten rovers the last 3 times they have played. Would be a massive difference to what wodonga are paying compared to rover$.

Corowa-Rutherglen's issues aren't going to disappear until there is a merger of one, perhaps two clubs in that area.
I include CR as one club. If CR is going alone, who is going to coach next year, great job by Steve Owen to get them up and going, but is he the answer beyond this year?
How many travellers have they got in senior team?
There needs to be a strong core of locals training week in, week out for them to start consistently winning games.
The salary cap, points sugar hits won't last forever.

Corowa-Rutherglen's issues aren't going to disappear until there is a merger of one, perhaps two clubs in that area.
I include CR as one club. If CR is going alone, who is going to coach next year, great job by Steve Owen to get them up and going, but is he the answer beyond this year?
There needs to be a strong core of locals training week in, week out for them to start consistently winning games.
If Raiders get them in a fortnight Corowa will be on their knees before the snow season. Heard Almond is putting Ellis Yolemen on ice to assure the oxygen tank gets reprieved before the second half of the season.

That's groundbreaking

The corowa senior list has trained with the under 18s from the very first training session back in October due to having no where enough local footballers to run a training session. They wouldn’t get more than 10 senior listed players to a training session.

Some of the travellers are rubbing the committee up the wrong way by not
Hanging around for awards even after home games. You’d think they’d be proactive and start announcing that they have signed on some of the travelers again for next year.

Corowa needs stability, Owen has to be there next year in some coaching capacity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back