Old AFL Games

Remove this Banner Ad

uncustom

All Australian
Sep 25, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Just wondering if anyone had any of these games and if it would be possible if they could upload them. Got all the new AFL games/manager games and kinda got bored of them. I've got AFL 2004 and I don't really mind uploading it later if anyone wants me to.

Looking for these.
- AFL 98 or 99
- AFL 2003 or 2005
- Coaches Box manager game - (This is the manager game I would really like to try) Pie 4 Life Im just wondering if you had the game cause I was looking around at the thread and saw your posts.
- Footy Fanatic Atomic Edition (Pretty much looking for any version before 2006 so I can use the old 2002 lists without making any changes that makes a big difference)
- Any Footy Fanatic lists before 2007 except 2002.

I have Premiership Edition. Pretty average, but some fun was had. I remember playing AFL 98 or something on the computer... man, imagine if EA was still interested in the footy market?

You guys still got the game and are able to upload it? I know Premiership Edition may not work unless it is cracked but im sure 98 should work. Im going to upload 2004 if you guys want.

i think i have '05 sitting around somewhere but i wouldn't count on the odds of me finding it.

I doesn't really matter, its up to you if you want to try find it, I had a cracked version of 05 but it doesn't on windows 7. 04 will come tonight, I can't be bothered uploading now.

It's a ******* terrible game anyway!

Although to be fair to the game, I bought it under the impression that it was a playable AFL sim, not a management game. Ignorance as a kid I guess.:( But I never enjoyed it and could never work out how to 'win'.:p Again though, could have been a severe fault of mine through not really knowing what the hell management games were about when I got it.

What was the other game I was going to give you but forgot? Whatever it is, I don't think it'd work on Windows 7 either. But it's always good to have those games.

I have AFL 98 and 99 somewhere as well. I could try and find them and give them to you uncustom I remember giving both games to IR Gurus/Transmission Games before they brought out AFL 07 (to help find what made those games so good for the time - they're still realistically the 2nd and 3rd best AFL games after AFL Live) and due to that I got my name in the game.:D

As for those other management games like FFAE have you tried going through the threads on this site to try and track down the downloads for them? I know that's how I re-got the TAR download a while back.

Since all of these games are well out of production and 'moving them on' wouldn't really be hurting anyone, I am willing to have links put up in the OP or throughout this thread for all to download if we get them all put up somewhere.

Does anyone have the last premiership coach game that came out, been wanting it for a while.
I have it, you would have to buy it its like $12 at EB games, however the site went down so you couldn't activate it to play it, however I could give you my code, but some guy bought the game yesterday and said it worked, you can check that in the premiership coach 2011 thread. I usually only give my code to those would bought the game and had problems, you could buy it and see if it works and see if that guy was telling the truth, which I do believe he was because he had a problem with the game that you would only know if you played the game.
It's a ******* terrible game anyway!

Although to be fair to the game, I bought it under the impression that it was a playable AFL sim, not a management game. Ignorance as a kid I guess.:( But I never enjoyed it and could never work out how to 'win'.:p Again though, could have been a severe fault of mine through not really knowing what the hell management games were about when I got it.

What was the other game I was going to give you but forgot? Whatever it is, I don't think it'd work on Windows 7 either. But it's always good to have those games.

I have AFL 98 and 99 somewhere as well. I could try and find them and give them to you uncustom I remember giving both games to IR Gurus/Transmission Games before they brought out AFL 07 (to help find what made those games so good for the time - they're still realistically the 2nd and 3rd best AFL games after AFL Live) and due to that I got my name in the game.:D

As for those other management games like FFAE have you tried going through the threads on this site to try and track down the downloads for them? I know that's how I re-got the TAR download a while back.

Since all of these games are well out of production and 'moving them on' wouldn't really be hurting anyone, I am willing to have links put up in the OP or throughout this thread for all to download if we get them all put up somewhere.

Try and find both of them if you want to, if you do go ahead and find them, upload and pm me the links and if they work im going to make a thread that will have download links to alot of the games that are free and/or old, mainly those with broken links like TAR and AFL2004 along with lists for TAR and FFFX that have been made/edited by me and the rest of the AFL gaming community. I know AFL 98 will work on windows 7 because the demo works on windows 7 except the colours are stuffed up which can probably be fixed by changing some settings.

The other game you told me you had was AFL Finals Fever which you said you would upload, but I didn't really care.

Also tried looking for coaches box and FFAE, couldn't find any of them, managed to find the 2002 lists and ported them to FFFX, also found the version before atomic edition cause the old site was still up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never heard of Coaches Box but would love to try it. Would also love to try AFL 98 and 99 if anybody has them. I have a working Kevin Sheedy game that works with Windows 7.

I agree that 98 and 99 are prob the next best after LIVE, however not far behind - if not equal to 98/99 (as far as pure gameplay is concerned) i would say Aussie Rules Footy on the NES (1992 i think?) is bloody awesome - i still play it online at sites like nescafe. Still fun!

I found the thread to do with Coaches Box but all the links in there link to some toolbar thing, unfortunately.

Link is http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/coaches-box-new-afl-game-in-development.174645/[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that 2 days ago and also before a few months ago, I did some research devimg site, it turns out that something happened with the site, and the guy who made the site said he had to use a backup to restore the site, but the backup was from early 2005, Coaches box came later on in 05 so that wasn't there. If you look at when that thread was made, and then go to web.archive.org and type in the homepage of the download link. (Just the devimg.net) and then choose a date around when the game was posted, it will show what the site looked like back then, and you can see it says coaches box there, but if you try click the link it won't work because they didn't have a backup of that.

Anyone got Kevin Sheedy Coach 2002 they can upload? Best management game of AFL so far!

Fun fact - the Dev Team run out of time on this game and your training choices and tactics have no actual baring on the result. It's chook lotto, you might as well just watch a game on tv.

I heard that from a game store guy at the time. Take it with a grain of salt but I played that game religiously for weeks and never once did I feel like I was actually having an influence. I'm inclined to think he was telling the truth.

Fun fact - the Dev Team run out of time on this game and your training choices and tactics have no actual baring on the result. It's chook lotto, you might as well just watch a game on tv.

I heard that from a game store guy at the time. Take it with a grain of salt but I played that game religiously for weeks and never once did I feel like I was actually having an influence. I'm inclined to think he was telling the truth.

Didn't know this, actaully pretty funny, you spend alot of time making your own tactics and then you find they actaully don't do anything.

Just on old AFL games, does anyone remember a game from the mid-90s where you had a pool of players from the AFL Hall of Fame or some such, and two players took turns in picking teams which then played off in a game?

I used to play it with a friend on a school computer at lunch times, but the damn thing was so slow that we almost never got to the actual game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back