OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben mac has still been having trouble with his neck/back but is keen to play as much as his body will allow him...

As for berry he is playing, commited before christmas but has not trained yet... apparently he has been away on holidays and has cricket commitments???

playing cricket for Tatong i believe JS, they pushed pretty hard at getting him last season, thought that could have been the case for this year aswell

playing cricket for Tatong i believe JS, they pushed pretty hard at getting him last season, thought that could have been the case for this year aswell

Correct, i think his father or step father is playing cricket there so he is playing there so they can play together, which is fair enough!!

but to be honest why would he leave a club after being there through the tough times when they are finally going to be competitive??? beside as i said he is commited and has commited early just has other engagments on... i am sure he will be fit enough come round 1!!

Correct, i think his father or step father is playing cricket there so he is playing there so they can play together, which is fair enough!!

but to be honest why would he leave a club after being there through the tough times when they are finally going to be competitive??? beside as i said he is commited and has commited early just has other engagments on... i am sure he will be fit enough come round 1!!

totally agree. stick with the club through thick and thin... plus we r hoping they will be competitive with the amount of money they r throwing round. you can have a team of champions but not a champion team :D

BK, if you need a contract taken out on Franky over the weekend pm me. I'm sure there's someone around the club that could organise a " Shark attack " early Sat so you blokes can spend the rest of the weekend enjoying yourselves........

On a serious note, how does everyone see the Nth Wang Dream Team going...A couple of unknowns but a shite load of potential there.....Top 4 ??

We must remember that North Wang are coming from a LONG way back.
Might of made finals but were totally PANTSED by the runners up by more than 100 points!

Some of there sign ups are handy but Naish & Hargy didn't set the world on fire at Tarra last year if I remember rightly BK?

There Saints boys are just there to drink cans (might try beat the 50 drunk in the border!)

They O & M boys will be okay but might struggle when sides get a bit tough!
The Bell brothers hopefully stay fit for them and Steery hopefully plays all year but his coaching could be interesting...
I expect they will finish 4-8 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some of there sign ups are handy but Naish & Hargy didn't set the world on fire at Tarra last year if I remember rightly BK?

They O & M boys will be okay but might struggle when sides get a bit tough!
The Bell brothers hopefully stay fit for them and Steery hopefully plays all year but his coaching could be interesting...
I expect they will finish 4-8 :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah Hargy spent a lot of time on the pine. Naishy is hit and miss but is good on his day.

I'd expect Jamie to do more coaching than Steery. Will be interesting to see how Steery goes after a year out of the game. Was still one of the top defenders in the O&M when he left Wang so I'd expect him to still have a major impact.

Bez was close to signing with us for the 2012 season, i dare say he will stay at Nth Wang tho and wait until right before the start of the season and ask for another sign up fee of $1000

Bez should play for nothing after all the years he's robbed them. he left Glenrowan to play there for $300 a game if i remember correctly, and has done F&#k all. Yes he's hard at it. but when he gets it, he's got no idea

Yeah Hargy spent a lot of time on the pine. Naishy is hit and miss but is good on his day.

I'd expect Jamie to do more coaching than Steery. Will be interesting to see how Steery goes after a year out of the game. Was still one of the top defenders in the O&M when he left Wang so I'd expect him to still have a major impact.

Interesting comment BK, are you insinuating that Belly would make a better coach......2013 at Tarra perhaps....

Interesting comment BK, are you insinuating that Belly would make a better coach......2013 at Tarra perhaps....
Absolutely not. Jamie disappointed every one by walking out so I couldn't see him returning. Those that know Steery know that he isn't really coach material - he admitted in the paper himself that he isn't much of a public speaker. Jamie has leadership experience and I'd expect him to do more talking than Steery at training, if not on game day. After speaking to a couple of Nth Wang boys it sounds like Jamie has basically been taking training so far.

Who knows though, I could be wrong. Steery obviously has a lot of footy experience and you won't find a player of his caliber that doesn't know much about the game. I think Jamie and him will work well together.

Swanpools recruiting campaign is coming along quiet nicely, swifty is a big loss but.

picked up a few really handy players and we are working on a few more as we speak. huge numbers at training are making the boys really positive about the 2012 season. Darby is really putting us through our paces, lots of running and lots of ball work. most nights we have been on the track between 2-3 hours. watch out for the likes of Matty Lloyd this season, he is looking really fit and will probably start on ball in the 1s, he is really setting the bar high at training.

Bez should play for nothing after all the years he's robbed them. he left Glenrowan to play there for $300 a game if i remember correctly, and has done F&#k all. Yes he's hard at it. but when he gets it, he's got no idea

Sounds a bit harsh there nuckles, maybe a personal vendetta involved there?
I am not sure of the $$ value but was led to believe he did do a hell of alot with coaching too as in supporting O'keefe when times were tough...??

Steer will be fine, experience will shine through, there a pretty young group and they all look up to David... but has work commitments during the off season which will allow him to play during footy season and that why bell/Lovett/O'keefe have been taking training....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad get by the hoppers! Have watched Frazer playing for Wang and is a very exciting player to watch!

Will he be big enough to play in the ruck against some big bodies in the O&k?

Nth Wang have a handful of half decent players and with a good pre season and all these new players which will make old the players of nth wang work harder, spark up a bit, as they will be hungry for success( its been a while) Steery fresh with a year off and now playing in a lower league should set it a light,his coaching ability well time will tell but he would someone of the likes of a Gary Okeefe or a Wally Lovett to help too,:eek: Im expecting really big things from the hawks nest, Goodluck to the rest of you too.:thumbsu:

im hearing that Anthony mcguire has officially signed for greta. big loss to milawa

Yep he has gone!!
Have been looking at Sim's recruiting over 2011-2012
He recruited G.Pumpa who played 2nds for quite a bit of the year and N.Hallem who was average in 2011.

For a bloke who has a lot of so called footy contacts he hasn't done a lot to help his club or has the money finally ran out??? ;););)

Yep he has gone!!
Have been looking at Sim's recruiting over 2011-2012
He recruited G.Pumpa who played 2nds for quite a bit of the year and N.Hallem who was average in 2011.

For a bloke who has a lot of so called footy contacts he hasn't done a lot to help his club or has the money finally ran out??? ;););)

When you look at there side they have had no need to recruit high quality players there senior side was unreal and there reserves side had plenty of depth to cover injuries and unavailabillity.. Nick hallam is a very good player..

Well EB you guys will have to do your best to get "Guns" out on the paddock this year to make the dynamic duo complete....:D:D

He probably needs to start training to even be considered getting on the ground.

What point was Sims trying to make in the paper the other week, when he said that 'McGuire was annoyed with being linked to Greta' & 'Everyone (except for those moving from the area) had commited to the club'??

When you look at there side they have had no need to recruit high quality players there senior side was unreal and there reserves side had plenty of depth to cover injuries and unavailabillity.. Nick hallam is a very good player..

GO, they were a handy side yes, but unreal? The club will lose close to 15 seniors & 2nds players this year and has he recruited anyone??
Both Pumba & Hallam came with HUGE wraps but didn't live up to the hype
the Milawa players were told they would.:D

GO, they were a handy side yes, but unreal? The club will lose close to 15 seniors & 2nds players this year and has he recruited anyone??
Both Pumba & Hallam came with HUGE wraps but didn't live up to the hype
the Milawa players were told they would.:D

Seems a lot AG, can you list them. Not doubting you just curious as to who is leaving....

BK, what sort of mongrel schedules a beep test to finish off after running you up and down sand dunes all weekend...:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back