OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day if your local side has no money your screwed you need coin these days or may aswell get used to being on the bottom gbat,swanny,tatong

In regards to money there isn't many blokes who will not play for it these days, A few blokes I know that were playing in a reserves side who could quite easily have been playing seniors are no longer playing with that club now as they were
Continuously over looked because they weren't getting paid to play senior football. They would always be the ones at training 2 nights a week helping where ever they could. Then you get those do gooder blokes that get payed and come and do nothing but play football. You need to reward the blokes that do all the types of things that make a great club man because they are getting very hard to find these days and if you don't look after them then another club will.

In regards to money there isn't many blokes who will not play for it these days, A few blokes I know that were playing in a reserves side who could quite easily have been playing seniors are no longer playing with that club now as they were
Continuously over looked because they weren't getting paid to play senior football. They would always be the ones at training 2 nights a week helping where ever they could. Then you get those do gooder blokes that get payed and come and do nothing but play football. You need to reward the blokes that do all the types of things that make a great club man because they are getting very hard to find these days and if you don't look after them then another club will.

I find it very hard to believe that a club would not play a player in their senior side because they weren't being paid. That does not make sense at all!!!!!!

I find it very hard to believe that a club would not play a player in their senior side because they weren't being paid. That does not make sense at all!!!!!!

if the bloke your talking about has left milawa. i doubt it was because he didnt get paid. more like he wasnt up to it and has s**t skills

Too true!!

Lewis, Batey, k Allan staying in melb, t Allan to king valley. M newton retired, maybe scholty retired. Could be more that I'm unaware of. But still early days and all could be just rumor too......
I heard Lewis is playing in the Yarra Valley Mountain District League this year, just trying to find out a bit about him, is he rated amoungst the better players in your league how tall and his strengths. Our comp is played on alot of different types and sized grounds, Healesville, Woori Yallock, Gembrook big open grounds, then up in the Mountains on smaller grounds where contested footy is needed.

I heard Lewis is playing in the Yarra Valley Mountain District League this year, just trying to find out a bit about him, is he rated amoungst the better players in your league how tall and his strengths. Our comp is played on alot of different types and sized grounds, Healesville, Woori Yallock, Gembrook big open grounds, then up in the Mountains on smaller grounds where contested footy is needed.
Mate he Might be a not too bad player but the blokes from milawa full of up them selves egos as big as the moon club and he's in that category!

He is a mountain of a bloke round 6 7" but very fast off the mark.
Very good set of hands and can also kick them from well outside 50.
Plays in a similair style to Buddy Franklin.
Probably a little too good for your league to be honest..

Mate he Might be a not too bad player but the blokes from milawa full of up them selves egos as big as the moon club and he's in that category!

Very harsh on Lewis from my experiences with him. Just because some of the milawa blokes are "up them selves" as you say doesn't mean all of them are. I think any club that gets Daniel would be very happy with him.

Daniel a very handy 6ft2 forward, light frame, very skilful, good on the lead and rarely misses a goal. But probably only kicked 100 goals because of the bottom of the ladder sides where he was kicking 12/14 goals a game. Top bloke and a very handy pick-up

Daniel a very handy 6ft2 forward, light frame, very skilful, good on the lead and rarely misses a goal. But probably only kicked 100 goals because of the bottom of the ladder sides where he was kicking 12/14 goals a game. Top bloke and a very handy pick-up

agree NH, he plays a lot taller but relies on being fed and not big on HBG...unlike our mate SS who relies on.........well.....mum packing his footy bag.....

PS.... SS would struggle to get a game at the Blacks........;)...Lewis would, pretty handy ;)

He is a mountain of a bloke round 6 7" but very fast off the mark.
Very good set of hands and can also kick them from well outside 50.
Plays in a similair style to Buddy Franklin.
Probably a little too good for your league to be honest..
Thanks for the info, you seem to be a very educated football person, gee hes only 6 7", thats a rover in our league.( "TOOL" it was a simple couple of questions ) but as per usual there is always a Knob.

Thanks to the couple of people who gave educated responses after Knobhead here,

Thanks for the info, you seem to be a very educated football person, gee hes only 6 7", thats a rover in our league.( "TOOL" it was a simple couple of questions ) but as per usual there is always a Knob.

Thanks to the couple of people who gave educated responses after Knobhead here,

Lewis is a very handy forward, I would say that he is in the top 3 forwards in the league. I'm not convinced he would be 6'2, maybe closer to 6'0 or 6'1 at a stretch. He does not look like a full forward and would often get pegged as a forward pocket or HFF size but he can play out of the square to great effect. He has a very light frame and I would be surprised if he weighed in at anything over 75kg. Great lead, great kick and good all round footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis is a very handy forward, I would say that he is in the top 3 forwards in the league. I'm not convinced he would be 6'2, maybe closer to 6'0 or 6'1 at a stretch. He does not look like a full forward and would often get pegged as a forward pocket or HFF size but he can play out of the square to great effect. He has a very light frame and I would be surprised if he weighed in at anything over 75kg. Great lead, great kick and good all round footballer.

He is very hard to match up on due to his overhead skills and pace.

Great forward against the weak teams. I think you'll find he kicked the majority of his goals against the bottom sides. (70 of his 110?) Bottom of the ladder bully.

Great forward against the weak teams. I think you'll find he kicked the majority of his goals against the bottom sides. (70 of his 110?) Bottom of the ladder bully.

Played a blinder in the Aker match against a pretty handy side.

Was also on track to rip you blokes apart - three goals in the first 10-15min from memory - before the opportunities dried up.

As for the other matters, Lewy would be pretty much 6 foot, 75kg, like JAM said.

And from my conversations with him he is a good bloke, and a very smart footballer.

Great timing on the lead, and a brilliant set shot anywhere up to about 45m out.

Played a blinder in the Aker match against a pretty handy side.

Was also on track to rip you blokes apart - three goals in the first 10-15min from memory - before the opportunities dried up.

As for the other matters, Lewy would be pretty much 6 foot, 75kg, like JAM said.

And from my conversations with him he is a good bloke, and a very smart footballer.

Great timing on the lead, and a brilliant set shot anywhere up to about 45m out.

Too late,tired and drunk to look it up but from memory kicked 4 or 5 against us each time, not sure how Brush went in comparison....All I can say is that having spent the day looking at his arse running away, you may want to borrow the coppers road spikes to slow him up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back