Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Thought it might be a good idea to keep all GV comments, results, news etc in the one thread.

Today, the Shepparton News released their 2005 guide:

Mansfield (Last Year 1st)
Recruits:
Darren Hulme, Anthony Tranquilli, Heath Martin, Casey Briggs, Ross Hopkins
Departures:
Jarrod Kayler-Thomson, Ben Murphy, Chris Laing, Brendan Hehir, Nathan Reynoldson

Tatura (2nd)
Recruits:
Jason Dagger
Departures:
Danny Stevens, Mark Richardson, Simon Lee, Damien Toomey, Steve Ellis, James Thompson, David MacDonald

Rochester (3rd)
Recruits:
Ryan Connaughton, Michael Loughman, Clint Whitsed
Departures:
Steve Rasmussen, Tim Rasmussen, Simon McCarty, Brenton Gray, Daryl Harrison, Mark McInerney, Ben Anderson, Jeremy Campbell

Seymour (4th)
Recruits:
Saad Saad, Adam Reid, Mark Pilling, Damien Barton, Brendan Liddell, James Kelly
Departures:
Steve Shaw, Paul Cox, Jon Soloman

Echuca (5th)
Recruits:
Mark Emonson, Brent Borkowski, Dylan Butler, Luke Agg, Xavier Campbell, Jamus Campbell
Departures:
Rick Pritchett, Michael Walker, Greg Byrne, Anthony Baker, Troy O'Callaghan

Shepparton (6th)
Recruits:
Matt Byers, Jeremy O'Brien, Anthony Mellington, Simon Laing, Nick Miller, Ben Tremellan, Steve Dickinson
Departures:
Phil Guthrie, Daniel Thompson, Jake Sprunt, Adam Golding

Shepparton United (7th)
Recruits:
Danny Stevens, Steve Hazelman, Brad Hazelman, Matt Forys, Russell Gibson, Simon Lee
Departures:
Duane Hueston, Joel Sofi

Eurora (8th)
Recruits:
Shane Clayton, Mark Clayton, Dean Clayton, Daniel Sage, Mark Jansz, Ben Shecton, Jake McKenzie, Chris Tate, Daniel Milo
Departures:
Hayden Buckley

Benalla (9th)
Recruits:
Anthony Stevens, Adam Cosham, Shannon Downey, Mark O'Sullivan
Departures:
Jarrod Hayse, Adam Cole, Richard Bull

Shepparton Swans (10th)
Recruits:
Jason Rachele, Mark Rachele, Matt Rachele, Jack Smythe, Brett Creighton
Departures:
Jason Trianidis, Kane Hoskin, Luke Durling, Greg Clohesy, Rod Osborne

Kyabram (11th)
Recruits:
Chris Atkins, Paul Newman, Dion Ciavola, Tim Watson
Departures:
Michael Power, Adrian Dullard, Adam Thompson

Mooroopna (12th)
Recruits:
Blake Campbell, Jarrod Harbrow, Rod Osborne, Dale Walkingshaw, Brad Maxwell
Departures:
Daniel Nicholson

Tongala (13th)
Recruits:
Adrian Baker, Arke Fonua, Tevita Fonua, Glenn McIntyre
Departures:
Hayden Howard, Shane Webber, Brent Smith

Let the games begin!

Re: Official GVFL thread

Good work Rowey....An official GV thread is the way to go.

Yes, must say I'm impressed with the Shepp News liftout...looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into it.

One rumour floating around is the return of Shepp United coach Brenton Cooper to the field.

It's beliebed he's contemplating lining-up in Saturday's practice match, with a view to lining up round one against Tatura.

Jock's Netballers said:
Good work Rowey....An official GV thread is the way to go.

Yes, must say I'm impressed with the Shepp News liftout...looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into it.

One rumour floating around is the return of Shepp United coach Brenton Cooper to the field.

It's beliebed he's contemplating lining-up in Saturday's practice match, with a view to lining up round one against Tatura.

I recall hearing that 2 or so weeks ago. I only remember Cooper from years ago when he dominated. He hurt his knee didn't he?

The Shepp News lift-out is very good. Provides excellent info on the whole area. They should be congratulated.

Think it was chronic hamstring BradRowe. Could be wrong though. Worrying times for my beloved Tat, lot of quality players moved on and not much coming back in. They would want to hope they have some extremely talented juniors.

Boys. Brenton Cooper will not play this week (practice match against Mooroopna), and will not play for United at all this year. He has a chronic hamstring straing similar to Nathan Buckley's injury.
"You can run around at 3/4 pace, but you just can't step up a pace without fear of it going,'' was what Coops said about his injury.

very informative thread for footy nerds like me.gee Tatura have lost a plethora,will they be thereabouts again this year?see United have picked up the trio from Belconnen,and a fella i played with once,Mick Loughman(Finley HS)is playing in GVFL,last i saw he was at Kangaroo Flat for memory.when is first round and who has who?

Pekay - Starts next weekend

KYABRAM v SHEPP SWANS
MANSFIELD v BENALLA
SHEPPARTON v TONGALA
TATURA v SHEPP UNITED
ROCHESTER v ECHUCA
SEYMOUR v EUROA

Does anybody have any information on what happened in weekend practice matches...

I know Shepp beat the Swans by around 5 goals, while United hammered Mooroopna by 10.

Jock's Netballers said:
Does anybody have any information on what happened in weekend practice matches...

I know Shepp beat the Swans by around 5 goals, while United hammered Mooroopna by 10.

Rochester were beating Tongala 57 to 14 about half way through the 2nd quarter. Tongala had about 3 players that played reserves and then had to play in the ones.

Rochester looked OK. They didn't have many talls and were missing quite a few, like Chris McCarty. The new Bendigo boys looked pretty good.

Overall, the standard wasn't that good.

bradrowe#32 said:
Rochester were beating Tongala 57 to 14 about half way through the 2nd quarter. Tongala had about 3 players that played reserves and then had to play in the ones.

Rochester looked OK. They didn't have many talls and were missing quite a few, like Chris McCarty. The new Bendigo boys looked pretty good.

Got hold of the stats from the United-Mooroopna game...Steve Haezleman 40 possies, Danny Stevens 38 and 3 goals...Forys kicked 5...

Interesting times.

Jock's Netballers said:
Got hold of the stats from the United-Mooroopna game...Steve Haezleman 40 possies, Danny Stevens 38 and 3 goals...Forys kicked 5...

Interesting times.
looks like the Belconnen(i should say ex)boys did alright,Forys and Hazelmann,and can i possibly get Danny Stevens on temporary transfer?stats like that in GVFL equates to 90 touches and 13 goals in Sydney.cmon Danny its for the good of footy!!

How are the boys from VFL going at Seymour and Benalla?? I know Saad Saad is a gun he can jump,run,kick,mark the kid can do anything. What about Adam Cosham and Shannon Downey the former Coburg Tiger youngsters? I saw the Burgers play Werribee last season and Adam Cosham can find the footy seems to be a tad slow but is able to get in and under and get a hard ball which is what makes him a very good player and a must have type. Also on that day Shannon Downey played he impressed me and a few others alot, he is very very smart around the goals and is exciting to watch has that uncanny ability to get front and square everytime more of a match winner than Cosham but both are very handy pick ups and should go real well.

I will be real interested to see how Darren Hulme the Hottons and fat Mensch carry Mansfield this season, no doubt Hulme will dominate i got see him play alot last year because we always get to the Northern Bullants games to see how our young guys are going and Hulmey should be a real pick up, 30+ possie a game player.

Boys just watch young Saad Saad play, he would be my tip for the league B&F a bit of a hot head though which could hold him back.

Anyone wanna know anymore about the AFL pick ups or the VFL guys let me know i have a fair bit of info on all of them.

cookie33 said:
How are the boys from VFL going at Seymour and Benalla?? I know Saad Saad is a gun he can jump,run,kick,mark the kid can do anything. What about Adam Cosham and Shannon Downey the former Coburg Tiger youngsters? I saw the Burgers play Werribee last season and Adam Cosham can find the footy seems to be a tad slow but is able to get in and under and get a hard ball which is what makes him a very good player and a must have type. Also on that day Shannon Downey played he impressed me and a few others alot, he is very very smart around the goals and is exciting to watch has that uncanny ability to get front and square everytime more of a match winner than Cosham but both are very handy pick ups and should go real well.

I will be real interested to see how Darren Hulme the Hottons and fat Mensch carry Mansfield this season, no doubt Hulme will dominate i got see him play alot last year because we always get to the Northern Bullants games to see how our young guys are going and Hulmey should be a real pick up, 30+ possie a game player.

Boys just watch young Saad Saad play, he would be my tip for the league B&F a bit of a hot head though which could hold him back.

Anyone wanna know anymore about the AFL pick ups or the VFL guys let me know i have a fair bit of info on all of them.
Thought Downey was a defender when he was at Coburg? Where do you see him lining up at Benalla?

Do you know how tall is Saad Saad?

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footyman said:
Thought Downey was a defender when he was at Coburg? Where do you see him lining up at Benalla?

Cheers

Downey was a defender for Coburg and he did some solid jobs however i think towards the end of the year in 2003 he played on the ball againts Bullants and kicked a few smart goals that he crummed.

Saad Saad is about 5ft10 or there abouts, watch out for him he can really play. Are you keen Football follower footyman? and in particular the GVFL?

footyman said:

Cheers

Downey is injured...Cosham looks the goods and will partner A.Stevens on-ball at the Saints...

In some other GVL news...former Tatura coach Danny Stevens won't play when his new club Shepp United meet the Bulldogs on Saturday...he's making the move to Sydney, however this won't be one of his 12 games.

Chris Atkins from Kyabram has suffered a bad hamstring injury according to my operatives, and may miss a number of weeks.

Shepp United's Matt Forys is believed to have suffered a broken hand in an off-field incident.

Shepparton's Anthony Mellington is suffering some type oif back injury, and is unlikely to line-up against Tongala round one.

Benalla will wear St.Kilda's home jumper this year, after spending its first 7 years in the GVL in the strip the Saints wore in the 1997 grand final against Adelaide.

pekay-norwest said:
very informative thread for footy nerds like me.gee Tatura have lost a plethora,will they be thereabouts again this year?see United have picked up the trio from Belconnen,and a fella i played with once,Mick Loughman(Finley HS)is playing in GVFL,last i saw he was at Kangaroo Flat for memory.when is first round and who has who?

Finley HS boy are ya Pekay?? Did you do all your schooling there and which local club did you play with??

bradrowe#32 said:

Yeah Rochy sure look short when cartsy's out rowey. They look even shorter when he's in. I heard he was missing as it was his last opportunity to spend the weekend in DT's

purple hills said:
Yeah Rochy sure look short when cartsy's out rowey. They look even shorter when he's in. I heard he was missing as it was his last opportunity to spend the weekend in DT's
heard the same thing purple hills funnily enough.

Former Adelaide listed player Belraj Singh will play with Mooroopna this year, just days after being cleared to Griffith in the Riverina League.

Jock's Netballers said:
Former Adelaide listed player Belraj Singh will play with Mooroopna this year, just days after being cleared to Griffith in the Riverina League.

Hes playing for griffith dont b stupid

Jock's Netballers said:

He is overated this kid, loves to chase the coin ive known him for a while and dont rate him 1 bit.

tige19 said:
He is overated this kid, loves to chase the coin ive known him for a while and dont rate him 1 bit.
thats pretty dumb saying that. Anyone that gets on an AFL list is a gun. u cant say they r ********.
And he dominated in the dvfl last yr. very good player. Like to see u take him.

David_02 said:
thats pretty dumb saying that. Anyone that gets on an AFL list is a gun. u cant say they r ********.
And he dominated in the dvfl last yr. very good player. Like to see u take him.

Mate your a egg head, anyone could have got a kick at Lower Plenty and be a star the club is a rabble. He will find it alot harder in the GV the standard of football is alot higher than DVFL and to call him a star at DVFL level is overated.

Ever heard of a bloke by the name of Izac Thompson from the Bulldogs?? go watch him play a game at Werribee reserves and tell me if he is a gun or Zac Dawson at Box Hill. You my friend are a twit, go and play some more local 18s.

Signh is seeking a clearance to Mooroopna after kicking eight for Griffith at the weekend. It's likely to be a drawn out battle because he signed a contract at Griffith. Sounds like Mooroopna will be foolish to get someone who seems like a mercenary, but they've done it before I suppose.

Matt Forys did NOT injury his hand in an off-field incident. Just gossip - he will line-up for United after kicking five at the weekend against Mooroopna in a practice match.

Status
Not open for further replies.