ODFA-Oatlands District Football Association

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were seeding teams at this early stage before Round 1, you would think it would go something like this….

1. Bothwell/Triabunna (can’t split them)
3. Campbell Town
4. Campania
5. Mt Pleasant
6. Oatlands
7. Woodsdale
Wouldn't get too much of an argument from me.

Campbell Town a bit of an unknown. Despite being a older now, Sam Chugg should still dominate at the ODFA level.

Campania, all depends on what happens with Alex Gilmour.

With the competition kicking off this weekend anyone hearing any other whispers of who is playing where in the ODFA this year and whose picked up who?

With the competition kicking off this weekend anyone hearing any other whispers of who is playing where in the ODFA this year and whose picked up who?
Heard there may be a bit of a season preview in the Mercury this week. Might include Ins.

At the end of the day, it is an unfortunate fact that the finalists would already be decided IMO.

Heard there may be a bit of a season preview in the Mercury this week. Might include Ins.

At the end of the day, it is an unfortunate fact that the finalists would already be decided IMO.
Agree that the finalist’s are most likely already decided, hopefully the mercury has a good season preview this week.

$$$ I dare say.
Funny you may reply today mate as I heard as much yesterday. Sounds like he’s happy to sit out of footy for a year and keep what he’s been paid up front. Pretty poor form if true, but obviously the coin was his main reason for going to Hobart!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little bit going on behind the scenes, from what I hear
Gee whiz, they already have heaps on their plate.
No traditional home ground, still a developing side, assistant coach taking the reigns midway through the season.

Will they keep their head above the water?

Gee whiz, they already have heaps on their plate.
No traditional home ground, still a developing side, assistant coach taking the reigns midway through the season.

Will they keep their head above the water?
Tomorrow will be the big test. Question will be whether it splits the playing group.

Did the coach walk away or was he given the chop?
OzGuy might be able to shed some more light on it.

But apparently a spray was given by Byers to his players. Opposition supporters and/or personnel have then proceeded to file a complaint with the ODFA.

Woodsdale has then terminated Byers mid week.

It may get messy as sponsorship and coaching payments in doubt? It is all playing out on social media currently.

Be that as it may, IMO it’s poor form from the club not to communicate their decision to the former coach. From what I’ve observed in the last 18 months or so, without the efforts of Will Byers they’d have been lucky to restart the club.

But apparently a spray was given by Byers to his players. Opposition supporters and/or personnel have then proceeded to file a complaint with the ODFA.

It may get messy as sponsorship and coaching payments in doubt? It is all playing out on social media currently.
Been reading that!
Usually in those situations one party says one thing, the club says another.
I usually find the truth lays somewhere in between. Sounds messy but.

This is only from what I have heard.

The Association was notified of the spray, but nothing official. Just a comment from a supporter.

He was notified that he was terminated.

But yeah the offer stuff is developing into quite a Cluster F.

Be that as it may, IMO it’s poor form from the club not to communicate their decision to the former coach. From what I’ve observed in the last 18 months or so, without the efforts of Will Byers they’d have been lucky to restart the club.
Pretty sure he was notified. but I agree. He was a driving force of a lot of it, especially with the building of the playing group.

If they decide to remain loyal to him, it could snowball very quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back