AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hibees
Oasis in high level briefing with SF chief

Belfast Telegraph

By Maureen Coleman

30/10/08

Oasis superstars Noel and Liam Gallagher were brought up to speed about the peace process by Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness on board a flight to Belfast yesterday.

The brothers found themselves seated next to the Sinn Fein man on an afternoon flight from London ahead of last night’s Odyssey Arena concert.

Eyewitnesses on the plane said Mr McGuinness seemed to be in deep conversation with the world-famous rockers.

When the flight arrived at George Best Belfast City Airport the Deputy First Minister shook their hands before alighting.

One woman, who did not wish to be named, said she could not believe her eyes when she saw the Gallaghers.

“I went over and got my photograph taken with Liam. He was really lovely but a lot smaller than I imagined,” she said.

The band were then ushered out through an emergency exit at the airport.

Last night a spokesman for Mr McGuinness confirmed that he had met the Gallaghers on board the flight to Belfast and that they had seemed interested in the ongoing Ulster peace process.

“Martin has met the Gallagher brothers before at Heathrow Airport and, yes, he was talking to them again yesterday,” he said. “They seemed genuinely interested in what is going on here and seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about the situation as well.”

The spokesman said that Mr McGuinness liked the band’s music and that his favourite Oasis song was their massive hit anthem Wonderwall. But he said he would not be attending either last night’s or tonight’s shows at the Odyssey due to work commitments.

I'd like to hear what Jarvis Cocker has to say on the matter.

I agree. Seems much more in touch with the Common People.

And Pulp have been signed to Island Records for years, so I'm assuming he's somewhat of an expert on the subject.

Still, Liam was there, so at least they were sorted for E's and Wizz.

I heard Oasis are going to realease an album of covers to raise funds for the Shinners. Hits will include:

Semtex and Alcohol

Semtex Supernova

(That's enough semtex)

Also rumoured to be doing a cover of Colour Me Badd's "I Wanna Semtex You Up" just for the occasion.

Working title for their proposed fund-raiser gig.....

Cocaide

• Banned
The best thing about this is that having met Marty Monster, my 'six degrees of seperation' potential has just massively increased.

Though no doubt you cool muso types on here are all bestie pals with Oasis et al.

• Banned
Also rumoured to be doing a cover of Colour Me Badd's "I Wanna Semtex You Up" just for the occasion.

Working title for their proposed fund-raiser gig.....

Cocaide

I find it hilarious that Liam Gallagher and Liam Howlett from The Prodigy each married one of the Appleton sisters from All Saints, and they go on holidays as a foursome.

I find it hilarious that Liam Gallagher and Liam Howlett from The Prodigy each married one of the Appleton sisters from All Saints, and they go on holidays as a foursome.

It's like a recipe. Apple tarts with a zest of Liam.

Still brainstorming on that benefit gig title.....

Co-Fein ??

Yonks ago I read a book about John Devoy .... which lead me to the Sinn Fein website. Had a chuckle when they had a link for a gift shop - you know, balaclavas 2 for 1, guns, ammo, explosives etc etc - ended up buying a couple of coffee mugs - one for myself, and one for my mate :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back