Number 9 (was 30) - Marcus Drum (pick 10 2005 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Number 30 - Marcus Drum

240341.jpg

I've read on here that Drummy has bulked up a bit over the break. I was just wondering if anyone has seen how he has been going on the track and if anyone thinks he might be able to play consitantly at CHB or FB?

I've read on here that Drummy has bulked up a bit over the break. I was just wondering if anyone has seen how he has been going on the track and if anyone thinks he might be able to play consitantly at CHB or FB?
That would be the plan, remains to be seen whether he's capable.

Drum is the ideal CHB IMO. Gone are the days where you needed two huge units holding down the defence at CHB and FB

Is he going to make the grade? Three seasons for 17 games and 22 years of age. 2009 needs to be a big year for Marcus !!

It is very important that he can hold down a key position on the second or third tall. This will allow Grover to play more up forward which could be very good.

Drum to me is your classic "good ordinary player". Doesn't really seem to have any weapons as such. Has good size, good footy nouse, good skills and seems to be making good progress in his development. Nothing more nothing less. Nothing to complain about in his development, and nothing to get over excited about either = Mr Steady. Hopefully it will end in a good career for us, and that would be good enough for me.

Drum to me is your classic "good ordinary player". Doesn't really seem to have any weapons as such. Has good size, good footy nouse, good skills and seems to be making good progress in his development. Nothing more nothing less. Nothing to complain about in his development, and nothing to get over excited about either = Mr Steady. Hopefully it will end in a good career for us, and that would be good enough for me.

Gav, I hope your right, times marching on, he's 22 and needs to cement his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night I watched the rd 22 game from 2008 against Collingwood. Drum was very, very good in a pretty scrappy game. I hope he picks up from there and continues his improvement, cos while he is no "superstar" he is a very decent player.

Ease up Geoff. He's only 21 still and by memory he missed out on the 2004 draft by one day so he was drafted later then some others around the same age.

Ease up ? Three seasons for 17 games. All I am saying is it's time to deliver. He's very important to our back half future.

Ease up ? Three seasons for 17 games. All I am saying is it's time to deliver. He's very important to our back half future.

17 games isn't too bad when you consider that they don't expect kids like him to play any in their first season. And if i remember correctly, i think he played 6 or so games in his first year when we won 13 on the trott, then he slipped on the Telstra Dome surface and strained a leg muscle. he was looking the goods til then, would have played finals for us for sure. I can't remember a match where he has played crap. He hasn't been injured heaps either, cos i see he has played a fair bit of WAFL. I think he just needs to be given a decent go in the senior team and he'll be fine.

I agree. He hasn't put in any bad games that I can remember, Drummy just needs the confidence of the coaches like when Harvey first took the senior role, and just get games into him. Needs to be backed in without fear of being dropped. If he doesn't get opportunities fair to say that he will stagnate. That being said, he is only 21/22 (Feels like he's been around forever)

Named on and extended I/C bench for Perth this weekend. I'm worried that he's slipping backwards. Has yet to have a dominating game at the WAFL level and now isn't even in the first 18.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back