Number 7 - Brett Peake

Remove this Banner Ad

rfGALLFRE4_gallery__292x400.jpg

please just play well enough to be worth a 3rd round pick once GC comes around :thumbsu:

No way he is going to the GC, he is in our future plans, Harves likes him he just needs to have a injury free season, 2009 is it and he is fit and ready to fire.

I thought he looked like he meant business against Richmond. Not something I can put properly into words he just looks like he's come to play this year. In previous years there have always been rumors about his lack of commitment to footy, perhaps the time has come for him. I think he'll have a good year.

I think one of the most promising things about the first few games of the season has been the performance of SOB. He's been doing really well down forward and it's great to have him back in some form. His confidence is growing week by week. Keep up the good work, Brett.

I think one of the most promising things about the first few games of the season has been the performance of SOB. He's been doing really well down forward and it's great to have him back in some form. His confidence is growing week by week. Keep up the good work, Brett.

Agree Bigkev. For mine the biggest plus is his improved marking , making you say to yourself "How did He mark that?"

That is very reminiscent of his old man.

Must have more confidence in his arms. God knows he's had pretty awful injuries happen to them.

I would say he's the only player to have improved this year. All credit to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people make of his season? Started well but IMO just went back to his same old self.

I actually bumped this thread to ask if anyone else noticed Peake wore long sleeves for about the first 5-10 minutes of the 1st quarter and then resumed the game in a regular guernsey again :confused:

It was a relatively warm day (for July) so I have no idea why he started in them in the first place.

This year started as a small forward and did pretty well. More recently midfield and back to the same old player. Disposal is such a shocker at times, 2 horrible flour bag kicks on Sunday just sap the confidence of the team along with how turnovers hurt so much in modern football. Too soft and unaccountable around the ground.

Hopefully will be playing moslty WAFL for the next 1-2 years. Still required on the list.

FFS I bumped this thread so I could get some answers about the long sleeves, not about how well he's playing!! ;)

150? I thought the F/S requirement was now 100 games? I don't know if he can justify another 80 games on bloodlines alone.

He's been better this year but his form still pales in comparison to 2006. Check out these stats.

150? I thought the F/S requirement was now 100 games? I don't know if he can justify another 80 games on bloodlines alone.

He's been better this year but his form still pales in comparison to 2006. Check out these stats.

Well its not that bad actually.

Disposal avg is down a little

2006: K - 11.1 H - 7.8 (Total: 18.8)
2009: K - 8.8 H - 5.8 (Total: 14.6)

Marks are well below, suprising seeming as though he is playing foward alot this year. 2006: 122 (avg. 6.1) 2009: 49 (avg. 3.8)

Has the same amount of tackles this year as he did the whole of 2006. 41 ! (Played 20 games in 06, and currently 13 games this year)

More goals this year. 13 vs 10.

So who knows, 06 he played midfield/wing but this year foward so its hard to judge his stats because he is playing two different roles.

Mind you he had 3 hitouts in 06! (His only 3 of the career) that just owns! :D

What do people make of his season? Started well but IMO just went back to his same old self.

I actually bumped this thread to ask if anyone else noticed Peake wore long sleeves for about the first 5-10 minutes of the 1st quarter and then resumed the game in a regular guernsey again :confused:

It was a relatively warm day (for July) so I have no idea why he started in them in the first place.

yeah I noticed that as well, I just asumed he was channeling JLo.... but then going back to the Short Sleeve... he clearly didnt play like JLo.... :(

Bumped into Mr Peake on Acland street this arvo...
I said hello and wished him all the best at the Saints.

I must say he has very sexy legs... he had just had them waxed and they looked very nice... for boy legs anyways... :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back