Number 25 - Steven Dodd

Remove this Banner Ad

svADE10_gallery__304x400.jpg

http://bigpondvideo.com/FremantleTV/103984

Interesting Interview with Barry Mitchell at the end he was asked a question about Steven Dodd and if we would see him through the midfield this year and he replied saying that Dodd has a great engine and if needed doesn't see why he wouldn't be played in the midfield or for any other roles for our side.
He also stated 'We need a guy with dodd's engine and running in our side' so i would expect to see him play alot next year :)

Agree about him being a depth player. But there are others in line to be cut before him and with the likely retirements I think he is fortunate to have at minimum 2 years left with Freo.

He needs to lift his game and even redevelop it, so that he does have a future with Freo. He is unrealiable as a defensive backman and not punishing enough as a running one. The question is can he become a handy player further up the ground.

So after 4 years of playing unless injured he is now unrealiable and a depth player and needs to lift his game.Amazing what can happen over summer.
and how have we gone in the last 4 years? As long as guys like Dodd are automatic inclusions we will continue to live in mediocrityville

So after 4 years of playing unless injured he is now unrealiable and a depth player and needs to lift his game.Amazing what can happen over summer.

No. I have always felt that he is a depth player. Which is ok as not all players can play at a level required to win a flag. After all that is what we are aiming for, to find 22 players capable of winning a flag. I just don't think he has the qualities required to get to that level. If we want to be a consistent finals team that challenges for premierships, then we have to know where our team is at, what areas we need to improve and what personal we have and require to obtain to get to that level. As you have kindly pointed out, based on our last 4 years performances, Dodd and many other current and past players where/are not at that level.

No. I have always felt that he is a depth player. Which is ok as not all players can play at a level required to win a flag. After all that is what we are aiming for, to find 22 players capable of winning a flag. I just don't think he has the qualities required to get to that level. If we want to be a consistent finals team that challenges for premierships, then we have to know where our team is at, what areas we need to improve and what personal we have and require to obtain to get to that level. As you have kindly pointed out, based on our last 4 years performances, Dodd and many other current and past players where/are not at that level.

2006 one game away from the big one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not as if Dodd has been anywhere near the worst player in the past 4 years. Geez.

No he hasn't. As I stated he is a depth player in my opinion and he needs to improve if he doesn't want to fall further down the pecking order as the youngsters start to make their mark.

After a pre-season in which,to me,he struggled to play well in the midfieldhe played round 1 back in defence.IMO he did well picking up 28 positions (career high)11 of those contested,as usual went in hard to get the ball,made 2 errors in a matter of seconds which resulted in a goal but as said I was happy with my buddies first outing this year.He also made 100 on supercoach:thumbsu:

Stats dont mean a lot these days. Also I'm perplexed as to ow he could have that much of it, yet have very minimal positive impact on the game. Clearly not our worst but did struggle IMO.

No but it probably would suggest he did little with the ball. Also I have just watched the replay and he did Ok at the start but his touches were just little kicks sideways or backwards most of the time and had no real affect. I probably scrutinised him a bit too much due to those errors though and I think he will play next week but he needs to play better as they all do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back