NSW Scholarship Holder - Craig Moller

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Moller at the U18 Rams camp in Albury, 4th March 2011. Still tall and jumping over everyone. Feedback was that he was the fastest player over 20 metres at the camp and 2nd in vertical leap and 3rd in agility. I heard that he is playing for Sydney Uni this year, not GWS.

Like the shit outa this!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Don't read anything into the choice of sides. Not Craig's "choice", driven instead by restrictions on GWS (basically Freo must surrender all rights to him before he can play for any of the GWS sides (seniors or under 21s or whatever)).

I can't see us doing any kind of surrender for Craig, I reckon we will force it right to the line ad NSWACTAFL will come over the top to convince him to go to GWS...

Hope not though, his dreads alone make him a worthy Sandipants mini...

Being in the sydney region i wiil try & keep my eyes on him & keep docker fans updated.All Sydney based scholarship holders trained at GWS last year & played in the TAC cup. The word is at 15 years old he was amongst their best.
Go dockers hope they smash the Lions.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D:D:D;)

71kx8l.jpg

I heard at NSW state trials in january 11 he was 2030 & 78 kilos.

GO DOCKERS SMACK LIONS

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:Moller is available for the 2012 draft.

My Melbourne informant just texted me. Moller 5 goals and BOG in first NSW/ACT RAMS game against Northern Knights (103-92 RAMS win). He started at full forward and rotated through the ruck. Went against tipped top 10 draft pick, Billy Longer) in ruck and probably went even in the contest. Marked everything at full forward and around the ground. He tells me he has speed to burn and can jump over tall buildings and still only 16.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just checked out big footy website tac cup round 4 probably of some interest to freo supporters, looks like written by bombers supporter, on same wave length as my vic contact.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

All the Freo supporters are excited by this kid. Obviously our recruiting team has an eye for talent.

Imagine him entering the AFL, few years tutilage from Sandilands, Sandi retires to ruck coach and we dominate the AA ruck position for a decade.

He's obviously got a long way to go physically , but to have the dexterity to be marking the ball is exceptional. Similarly I've heard he's pretty athletic in terms of endurance, pace and agility.

Hopefully he picks us to persue his career. :thumbsu:

We should be his first choice. We have a dedicated ruck coach and have the current AA ruckman which he could learn from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Big Footy home page - select Drafts & Trading/Tac cup, then Round 4.
This is part of what Humble Minion had to say:
TAC Cup round 4
Went along to Pricefixer park today. Was tempted by the AIS/Bendigo game, but figured that a) Windy Hill is a bloody long drive from where I live, and b) I won't get to see much of the interstaters, particularly the Div 2 interstaters, later in the year so I might grab the chance when I can. Perfect day, but the quality of the footy was maybe down just a bit with everyone missing their AIS blokes and the Vic sides without their private schoolkids.

NSW/ACT vs Northern was a cracker actually. It looked like a case of how far the Knights at qtr time, but NSW rallied in the second to lead at half time. Second half was a repeat of the first, with the Knights gunning ahead in the 3rd qtr, but the Rams responded to the almighty bake they copped at 3/4 time, their talls got on top while Northern's runners slowed, and eventually the Rams brought it home by a couple of goals, despite the Knights getting one on the siren.

You could see the difference in experience between the two sides. Northern we better drilled and disciplined, while the Rams boys (particularly in the 1st and 3rd qtrs) continually got sucked towards a contest they couldn't influence, leaving their opponents free to take the handball and run away in numbers from the stoppage. Rams probably wanted it more - they were fielding a very tall side - 3 rucks, 6 players over 194cm and a few 190cm blokes playing midfield roles - and I was worried about their mobility, but the pressure they still managed to exert on the ballcarrier through the middle of the ground was probably the difference in the end. Rams were a bit sloppy by hand, too often missing the target or going to a flat-footed teammate, and too often their talls would spoil each other in the marking contest, but I reckon they've got some improvement in them once they're a bit more used to playing with each other. Promising signs for NSW footy, to be honest.

A few of the Rams players are probably scholarshipped to someone or other. I'm not sure which, except for Tweedale and Ryan at Essendon. And of course probably a bunch of both the Qlders and NSW guys are zoned to GC or GWS. I have no idea which, so I'll just call them as I see them.

For the Rams, Craig Moller was incredible. At 202cm and 77kg he makes Christian Bock look like Plugger, but jeez he's a talent. Not draftable til 2012, but he's got a big leap and is a superb, soft-handed mark and a beautiful judge of the ball coming in. Rotated through ruck and ff early, then stayed up forward as the game went on cos he was just so dangerous down there. Just outpositioned his opponents time and time again. Kicked 5, with a couple of behinds from tight angles. Tap work was pretty good, he has long arms and knows where his rovers are, though Longer has 20kg on him and manhandled him very easily at a few boundary throwins. If he can put (a lot of) weight on, he'll be a champ.

From the Big Footy home page - select Drafts & Trading/Tac cup, then Round 4.
This is part of what Humble Minion had to say:
TAC Cup round 4

For the Rams, Craig Moller was incredible. At 202cm and 77kg he makes Christian Bock look like Plugger, but jeez he's a talent. Not draftable til 2012, but he's got a big leap and is a superb, soft-handed mark and a beautiful judge of the ball coming in. Rotated through ruck and ff early, then stayed up forward as the game went on cos he was just so dangerous down there. Just outpositioned his opponents time and time again. Kicked 5, with a couple of behinds from tight angles. Tap work was pretty good, he has long arms and knows where his rovers are, though Longer has 20kg on him and manhandled him very easily at a few boundary throwins. If he can put (a lot of) weight on, he'll be a champ.

Still only 16 years old too and doing this in the TAC against guys up to two years older than him!!!!

If he keeps up his rate of improvement he could be one of the top several kids in his draft group - yet it will only cost us our last draft pick on draft day!

As great as he sounds I'm not going to get too excited about all this until it's 100% confirmed that GWS aren't going to steal him out from under our noses.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:Moller is available for the 2012 draft.

My Melbourne informant just texted me. Moller 5 goals and BOG in first NSW/ACT RAMS game against Northern Knights (103-92 RAMS win). He started at full forward and rotated through the ruck. Went against tipped top 10 draft pick, Billy Longer) in ruck and probably went even in the contest. Marked everything at full forward and around the ground. He tells me he has speed to burn and can jump over tall buildings and still only 16.

Holy shit.

Any idea how tall he is still?

How does he play as a ruckman?

Hi guys,

I have seen this kid play a fair bit for Sydney Uni and he is an absolute monster! He has very good work rate for a ruck and the first thing you notice is how good his hands are in a contest. Always seems to come from behind and snatch a mark.

I'm gutted you boys got in there first and the Swans were too slow, but I think you guys have got yourself a real talent. :thumbsu: There are a few good youngsters in the Sydney under 18s at the moment. There is a kid that has a similar scholarship agreement with Collingwood who is injured atm, but looks a talent also.

I go to a few games so if you have any questions i'll do my best!

Hi guys,

I have seen this kid play a fair bit for Sydney Uni and he is an absolute monster! He has very good work rate for a ruck and the first thing you notice is how good his hands are in a contest. Always seems to come from behind and snatch a mark.

I'm gutted you boys got in there first and the Swans were too slow, but I think you guys have got yourself a real talent. :thumbsu: There are a few good youngsters in the Sydney under 18s at the moment. There is a kid that has a similar scholarship agreement with Collingwood who is injured atm, but looks a talent also.

I go to a few games so if you have any questions i'll do my best!

I guess the real question for me about any big kid performing well is whether that is going to translate when they are playing against guys their own size. Tom Hawkins at Geelong the prime example. He is still young, but having dominated at a younger level he has yet to do that in the afl.

The thing that is very exciting about reports about him is that he seems to have the capacity to play forward, especially marking ability and mobility, which if the sub rule remains makes ruckmen very valuable. How do you see that?

So whats the deal on him getting to the club?
He has to agree to come her over GWS or nominating for the draft i assume?
Then where does he fit with draft picks?

He can elect to come to us or go in the draft. If he comes to us, we give up our last draft selection. My understanding is that if GWS want him it would be via the draft as we have the pre-draft "upper-hand".

The thing that is very exciting about reports about him is that he seems to have the capacity to play forward, especially marking ability and mobility, which if the sub rule remains makes ruckmen very valuable. How do you see that?

He seems pretty comfortable playing forward but he also moves around the ground a fair bit. I wouldn't say he is a Ruck/Fwd type at this stage, but no reason why he won't end up being one. Not too sure on his goal kicking as I've never paid close attention to it, but will look out for it next time.

He will need to add on a few kilos obviously if he's going to play with the big boys, but what he lacks in strength he makes up for in agility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back