NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Some Absolute Cracking games today across the divisions
East Ringwood to Beat Balwyn
Rowville to strong for Vermont
Montrose Just to beat Park Orchards
The Basin In a thriller over Mulgrave
Coldstream to End Donvales 20 game streak (Donvale has too many injuries)
Surrey Park to show they are the real deal against FTG
Geez ive had a stinker here

Well Done to Lilydale and Doncaster. Wouldve been a long time between wins for both clubs. Also great to See Nunawading being competitive, they will shock a few with some wins this season

Huge weekend of football.

• Balwyn beating East Ringwood.
  • Vermont 0-3.
  • Donny East just getting over Norwood, something not right there.
  • Mitcham losing to Bayswater, they have really dropped off.
  • Doncaster winning!
  • Wantirna South losing again and are in huge trouble. Cant kick a score.
  • Boronia flexing and looking unstoppable.
  • East Burwood in awful trouble, effectively 0-5 with that %.
  • Lilydale winning!
  • Donvale clear number 1 seed beating Coldstream.
  • Oakleigh having a huge win without Pearson!
  • Surrey Park will be playing finals in div3! 10 goal win against FTG, could have been 20 goals if they kicked straight.
  • Warrandyte firm favourites to be relegated, with an 7 goal loss to Fairpark.
  • Scoresby statement win against Kilsyth
  • Div 4 finalists already locked in. A sad state of affairs in that division.

With some clubs having poor starts to the year any possible coaching changes. Might be one this week 😊

Told that Sean Stanton from Fairpark didn't coach on the weekend? Have they quietly parted ways? Their socials had Nick Macente as coach for the last 2 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an observation. I dunno much about women’s footy but what is the story behind the Eastern Devils. From what I can tell they are a former VFL club who joined the comp two years ago. In that time they’ve won two Premier Div flags, only lost one game, and had percentage around 300 both years. This year they are 2-0 with 450%.

It would appear Premier Div is an absolute mockery. How have other clubs accepted this? Does just nobody care about women’s footy? Imagine if this happened in the mens.

Surely they’re getting told to find themselves a suitable league?

Just an observation. I dunno much about women’s footy but what is the story behind the Eastern Devils. From what I can tell they are a former VFL club who joined the comp two years ago. In that time they’ve won two Premier Div flags, only lost one game, and had percentage around 300 both years. This year they are 2-0 with 450%.

It would appear Premier Div is an absolute mockery. How have other clubs accepted this? Does just nobody care about women’s footy? Imagine if this happened in the mens.

Which league would be suitable for them? Are they able to re-enter the VFLW?

Mate womens local footy has become a total joke in the highest divisions.

Also in VAFA's Womens Premier division, its completely dominated by whichever team has the most VFLW players available. Kew, St kevins and scotch routinely dominate through having so many.
Heard kew has a agreement with collingwood where any players not selected filter down to kew. Not sustainable at all, probably on a pay as you go subs deal. The second they get a better offer they are gone, and the club is left with nothing.

How many women actually get drafted from the VFLW? Only a 14 team comp, seems like some AFLW sides dont bother with it.

In round 1 North ringwood beat bayswater by 90 points and I cannot read into this result at all. NR are now 1-3 and bayswater 3-1
Tom Wilson played his only game for North that game. Unfortunately named again this week.

I believe Mooroolbark had some return from VFL last week.

Teams form can suddenly improve from week to week depending on VFL players availability, especially in a grade like Div 1.

Tom Wilson played his only game for North that game. Unfortunately named again this week.

I believe Mooroolbark had some return from VFL last week.

Teams form can suddenly improve from week to week depending on VFL players availability, especially in a grade like Div 1.
Mooroolbark also have afair few tac cup players.

Baysy are yet to play any of the top 4.

Which league would be suitable for them? Are they able to re-enter the VFLW?

No idea. And if I were an opposition club, not sure I would care.

They’re clearly a level above, in what is still a developing sport for women, wouldn’t think it’s a great outcome to basically have the premiership unavailable to any other club.

No idea. And if I were an opposition club, not sure I would care.

They’re clearly a level above, in what is still a developing sport for women, wouldn’t think it’s a great outcome to basically have the premiership unavailable to any other club.
Almost sounds like you're talking about Vermont 30 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back