Nothern Riverina Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone hav n e views on the league, no n e players in the league.....

Havent heard too much news since the surprise loss (choke) of Barellan in the Grand Final against Lake Cargelligo. Have heard that Phil Rowston will step aside as coach but continue to play with Barellan which is good news for the club - hopefully it can be third time lucky for them.

Have heard some whispers that Parkes were interested in returning to the Central West AFL competition in 2007 - not too sure whether that is happening but from my perspective it would be a step backwards for the club.

yeh they've lost 5 of their last 6 g/fs...who is goin for the new job...parks can be unpredictable but hav made finals last 2 yrs since returning to the nrfl.

Parkes have only been back in the comp for 2 years haven't they?
whats their reason for change this time.
Stan would have to change it back to a final 4 wouldnt he if it went back to 7 teams. be a shame final 5 is a great money spinner for clubs come finals time

any news on young hamish townsend from the lake??
I heard some pretty positive talk out of lake, but wonder what the more realistic chances were for him

21goals4 said:
Parkes have only been back in the comp for 2 years haven't they?
whats their reason for change this time.
Stan would have to change it back to a final 4 wouldnt he if it went back to 7 teams. be a shame final 5 is a great money spinner for clubs come finals time

yer jst the 2 years...not sure didnt post that but mayb travel n finding the standard harder...stan is no longer the president..yer final 5 is much better for the league...yer im not from lake but played on him hes a freak,got great determination and will run all day....

21goals4 said:
so who's president now, gee bit of an end of an era!!!!

pat daniher.....yer was but had the job fo so long...

so my impressions of what happened this year from along way away was that barellan had the edge over wyalong, wyalong had the edge over lake, and lake had the edge over barellan.and just through wyalong being unlucky with injuries lake managed to get through and play barellan who they would have been pretty confident of beating after beating them in the last round, close to the mark you think????

the questions about young hamish was referring to someone from lake trying to tell me he would get drafted!!

21goals4 said:
so my impressions of what happened this year from along way away was that barellan had the edge over wyalong, wyalong had the edge over lake, and lake had the edge over barellan.and just through wyalong being unlucky with injuries lake managed to get through and play barellan who they would have been pretty confident of beating after beating them in the last round, close to the mark you think????

the questions about young hamish was referring to someone from lake trying to tell me he would get drafted!!

yer thats pritty close to wat hapnd jst depened who wanted to win more...barellan probaly had the best list but a poor set up game day probably cost them.....dont no if hes in the draft or was at draft camp but the law of averages would sujest not as he wasnt metioned in any of the best players from the 18s championships and only 1 or 2 of the best plays from nsw/act get drafted but n e thing could happen..

the league had 3 players in the nsw/act under 18s state team
hamish-lake
conner neyland-ungarie now playn with wagga tigers
ed wilson-parks now playn in sydney

Well thats pretty much what i though,
would be great on the coachable side and would run through a brick wall for you, but lacking height and real speed i would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

21goals4 said:
Well thats pretty much what i though,
would be great on the coachable side and would run through a brick wall for you, but lacking height and real speed i would think.

yer the season went pritty quick....yer willing to do n e thing for the team..yer prittt small has good speed but and very elusive i spoze...

short season! great for the older bodies!
although if you get an injury early hard to get back in time for finals. good to see pat daniher in charge, i have a lot time for pat.
no news about coaches for next year

21goals4 said:
short season! great for the older bodies!
although if you get an injury early hard to get back in time for finals. good to see pat daniher in charge, i have a lot time for pat.
no news about coaches for next year

yer it is i spoze but 2 rounds in good 1 home 1 away would b good if they had 2 more teams,u cant realy hav 2 1/2 rounds or 3 because of home grounds and the teams you play....yer pats great for the league...
um havnt herd of anything new but barellan are lookin for a new 1 but phil will continue to play...shane russel wont be coaching west wyalong i believe but not sure on the others...is there anyone who is aware of who will be coach teams in 07 or of new players..

21goals4 said:
... the questions about young hamish was referring to someone from lake trying to tell me he would get drafted!![/quote]

That person from lake doesn't realise how tough it is to get drafted.

Hamish is a good kid who loves his footy and works hard. but i'd suggest he'd be very lucky to be drafted. there would be 1000's of footballers across the country that are his size and would play the same positions, but many of them would be either taller, stronger, faster, more skilled and some would be all of the above. the competition for little bloke spots in the draft is ridiculous. if he was 6'3 or 6'5 than he's into a smaller market and a better chance.

All the best to the little fella, but i'd reckon he'll get a few calls from RFL clubs and further south depending on whether he heads to uni in wagga or albury.

"Kicking many goals" these days 21goals4?

exactly my thoughts 16 goals 8, love the kid to death but was highly shocked to hear someone talk about the draft, but from so far away its hard to comment.
goals were coming along allright actually right up until the body said thats it for this season.but some idiot (mainly me) said i will battle through this and just made a bit of a fool of myself.
Osteitis pubis, sportsmans hernia, you name it i got it this year

21goals4 said:
exactly my thoughts 16 goals 8, love the kid to death but was highly shocked to hear someone talk about the draft, but from so far away its hard to comment.
goals were coming along allright actually right up until the body said thats it for this season.but some idiot (mainly me) said i will battle through this and just made a bit of a fool of myself.
Osteitis pubis, sportsmans hernia, you name it i got it this year

Blisters, ingrown toenails, hangover...Tough luck...Osteitis isn't something that bothers me too much, i hear its only for athletes and i certainly don't class myself as 1 of them.

Speaking of kicking goals, some bloke from cowra potted 200+ this year. Smith i think his name was, came from newcastle area, plonked himself in the square and proceeded to wear out 4 pairs of boots and give 3 goal umps RSI.

200+ is not a bad effort, mind you i don't expect there would be to many A1 fullbacks in the league. Imagine having some bloke nail 20 over your head.

probably the reason they won their first flag in years i guess, but i guess they still have to get it there!!!
I am pretty much sure i dont belong in the athlete class either so if someone could explain how i ended up with it.
some of us have a day out every now and then!!!! few and far between though

21goals4 said:
probably the reason they won their first flag in years i guess, but i guess they still have to get it there!!!
I am pretty much sure i dont belong in the athlete class either so if someone could explain how i ended up with it.
some of us have a day out every now and then!!!! few and far between though

yer wagga tigers were prity keen for him to play this year so id say they will make him another offer as well as plenty of other clubs from tyhe area...rfl n wagga tigers should be looking to pick smith up...herd that he only kickd 4 in the grandi...

16goals8 said:
Blisters, ingrown toenails, hangover...Tough luck...Osteitis isn't something that bothers me too much, i hear its only for athletes and i certainly don't class myself as 1 of them.

Speaking of kicking goals, some bloke from cowra potted 200+ this year. Smith i think his name was, came from newcastle area, plonked himself in the square and proceeded to wear out 4 pairs of boots and give 3 goal umps RSI.

200+ is not a bad effort, mind you i don't expect there would be to many A1 fullbacks in the league. Imagine having some bloke nail 20 over your head.
200 NOT A BAD EFFORT
I WOULD SAY THAT COMES IN THE UNDERSTATEMENT CATEGORY FOR SURE,
how did rowdy and dean jamo go this year,
should have been able to win plenty of the hard ball, although i know rowdy
is better looking than me his body has copped a fair pounding over the years, I think all the old heads at barellan thought just having these two there would guarantee them a flag

21goals4 said:
200 NOT A BAD EFFORT
I WOULD SAY THAT COMES IN THE UNDERSTATEMENT CATEGORY FOR SURE,
how did rowdy and dean jamo go this year,
should have been able to win plenty of the hard ball, although i know rowdy
is better looking than me his body has copped a fair pounding over the years, I think all the old heads at barellan thought just having these two there would guarantee them a flag

yer past there prime n had injuries realy but wen they played they were great value....hard grounds out here wouldnt help that....yer well thats wat hapns some times

jst little bit of new from the general meeting held at lake last week herd that shane russel of to the temora kangaroos for $20,000 to coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back